Valued Contributor

Re: What OTC Anti-inflammatory med have you found to be least upsetting to your stomach?

My sports med dr has given me a couple,samples of RX that shouldn't upset my tummy,haven't tried yet! I can't take aleve or Motrin at all!
Honored Contributor

Re: What OTC Anti-inflammatory med have you found to be least upsetting to your stomach?

I take advil with no issues and I have taken it ever since it became avialable with out a script

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Thanks to all who responded. It would be so nice to take a pill for something that doesn't give you more problems!

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

95% of the world's prescription painkillers are taken regularly by Americans. Only 5% of the rest of the world's population takes pain killers. This from a report by Dr. Sanjay Gupta on CNN.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Valued Contributor

On 5/31/2014 AngelPuppy1 said:

Thanks to all who responded. It would be so nice to take a pill for something that doesn't give you more problems!

I understand! I can't even take Claritin all the sudden, causes palpitations! Tried 1/2 Zyrtec yesterday and couldn't keep my eyes barely open at work, but will try a half again today for allergies! It's crazy some can pop down a handful of anything no issues, I take sub therapeutic dose and am a mess!
Valued Contributor

Zorvolex, in lowest dose is what my sports med doc just gave me to try....haven't needed it, as am using topical Pensaid, which keep pain at bay! I take a high dose do RX. PPI, and his new RX NSAID in low dose is supposed to be tolerated for people who have GI issues....of course there are risks! and it is expensive as it's new.
Honored Contributor

I was having some difficulty with NSAID for my arthritis and the rheumatologist gave me DAYPRO. I haven't taken it for a while but it was very gentle on the tummy.

Respected Contributor

I never have a problem with Aleve. I cannot tolerate aspirin.

Trusted Contributor

I used to take Aleve and Naproxsen. I then was switched to various Cox 2 drugs, which I loved as all my pain disappeared. Because I was made to wait 5 yrs for a hip replacement, my kidneys were eventually effected by the longterm NSAIDs. I cannot take them anymore.

I use aspirin or Tramadol for sharp pain (kidney stones).

Frequent Contributor

I have Crohn's disease and IBS, I can only tolerate Tylenol. My GE told me that's the only thing I should take as it's gentler on the stomach then ibuprofen. Ibuprofen in large doses caused massive internal bleeding requiring a transfusion. This was my case, I know that's rare, but it could happen.