Honored Contributor

Re: What Nut Milk tastes Good In Tea

@sidsmom wrote:

@Moonlady wrote:
  • @sidsmom, you think you're going to spout alarmist bunk lol, (this time, in a Tea thread *sigh*) then say, "back to tea" without a response? Not where this little girl is concerned.

First of all, chuck the blanket, "It's animal products that cause cancer." That's simply ridiculous. 'Nuff said.

As for soy PREVENTING cancer, that's equally ridiculous. Soy (and I'm not referring to mostly water and additive-laden soy "milk") in forms such as tofu, which I eat, is a good source of protein. But it doesn't PREVENT cancer. Oh, and if I had breast cancer, particularly estrogen-receptive breast cancer, medical professionals would probably advise me to continue eat it IN MODERATION. 

So stop with the blanket, unfounded nonsense. The cause(s) and prevention of diseases aren't as completely settled as you'd like to think.

@Moonlady 

Might want to research 'soy for breast cancer risk'.

And be sure the studies are using humans, not animals. 

Soy is NOT associated with breast cancer.

Period.

But do your own research.  
Common sense would say it doesn't because hundreds of millions of people in Asian countries, where soy is a foundational food...

they would be riddled with breast cancer...but they are not.

Prevention = soy.

Might want to get your facts straight before giving me 

an ugly order of, 'So stop with the blanket, unfounded nonsense.'

Have a good day🌼💛

(Back to Tea Talk!)

Or in Asia it could be genetics, chemicals we use that they do not, or many other issues.  There are lots of opinions, and lots of "facts."  There is no one answer for things like this, no matter what some may tout. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sooner wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@Moonlady wrote:
  • @sidsmom, you think you're going to spout alarmist bunk lol, (this time, in a Tea thread *sigh*) then say, "back to tea" without a response? Not where this little girl is concerned.

First of all, chuck the blanket, "It's animal products that cause cancer." That's simply ridiculous. 'Nuff said.

As for soy PREVENTING cancer, that's equally ridiculous. Soy (and I'm not referring to mostly water and additive-laden soy "milk") in forms such as tofu, which I eat, is a good source of protein. But it doesn't PREVENT cancer. Oh, and if I had breast cancer, particularly estrogen-receptive breast cancer, medical professionals would probably advise me to continue eat it IN MODERATION. 

So stop with the blanket, unfounded nonsense. The cause(s) and prevention of diseases aren't as completely settled as you'd like to think.

@Moonlady 

Might want to research 'soy for breast cancer risk'.

And be sure the studies are using humans, not animals. 

Soy is NOT associated with breast cancer.

Period.

But do your own research.  
Common sense would say it doesn't because hundreds of millions of people in Asian countries, where soy is a foundational food...

they would be riddled with breast cancer...but they are not.

Prevention = soy.

Might want to get your facts straight before giving me 

an ugly order of, 'So stop with the blanket, unfounded nonsense.'

Have a good day🌼💛

(Back to Tea Talk!)

Or in Asia it could be genetics, chemicals we use that they do not, or many other issues.  There are lots of opinions, and lots of "facts."  There is no one answer for things like this, no matter what some may tout. 

Nope.  Not genetics.

2nd, 3rd, etc, generation of immigrants come to America and

begin eating our fatty-processed Standard American Diet.

Same genes but now they get sick, whereas their

elders who are still living overseas or living in the US but eating 

their traditional diet....they are healthy.  

Same genes...it's the food making us sick.

Genetics play such a small part in our health. 
'And back to the original question....soy is good for us and

prevents the risk of breast cancer. 
(Back to Tea Talk)

Valued Contributor

I have not personally tried in my tea, but I do like Nutpods creamer in my coffee every once in a while. It is made with almonds and coconuts.   There are different flavors but are not sweet which is the main reason I like them  I get the flavor and creaminess without it being sweet.

Esteemed Contributor

I've not yet tried it but I have heard Oatmeal milk tastes great in coffee and other things.