Honored Contributor

Re: What Happens to your body after ingesting a Big Mac

@HappyDaze wrote:

I don't doubt it! Yuck. I haven't had a big mac in at least 30 years and even then I would get it without the secret sauce and onions but I've never really liked them. I don't like fast food in general except in and out burgers and chik fil a chicken sandwich but probably eat one of each once a year.

I like Chick-Fil-A. They are suppose to be moving to chicken without antibiotics. Not going all organic or non-gmo but it's a start. This was suppose to happen in the next 5 yrs which was in 2012 so I guess in the next couple of years this should happen.

Honored Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

Regardless of what "they" say, I will continue to eat my 2 Big Macs a year; NO cheese, and I toss the top bun and replace it with the one in the middle.  

Nothing wrong with that. Why do they make it with a bun in the middle?

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

I don't doubt it! Yuck. I haven't had a big mac in at least 30 years and even then I would get it without the secret sauce and onions but I've never really liked them. I don't like fast food in general except in and out burgers and chik fil a chicken sandwich but probably eat one of each once a year.

I like Chick-Fil-A. They are suppose to be moving to chicken without antibiotics. Not going all organic or non-gmo but it's a start. This was suppose to happen in the next 5 yrs which was in 2012 so I guess in the next couple of years this should happen.

That is good to know. I really wish they'd go to organic and free range (maybe it is already free range?) but baby steps. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@RedTop wrote:

Regardless of what "they" say, I will continue to eat my 2 Big Macs a year; NO cheese, and I toss the top bun and replace it with the one in the middle.  

Nothing wrong with that. Why do they make it with a bun in the middle?

I never understood that too, lol. I never ate all three peices. I'd take the middle on out as it was always gross and soggy anyway. Just a silly gimmick.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's not just a fast food, greasy hamburger off the Dollar Menu.  I sense people will read this, look down their nose at a fast food restaurant & proclaim it'll never happen to them since they don't go through the drive-thru.

The same...the exact same...physical responses happen with a $200 steak dinner at a 5-Star restaurant.  And especially around holiday times.  

People think...oh, everything in moderation...after they've been eating that way for months & months with fatty, animal-based meals.  They'll eat 'low carb' since they're on a 'diet' & splurge with a Mac or fancy dinner.  All the bad is cumulative.

Doesn't mention within the article, but the most important part....saturated fat in either the $1 Hamburger or $200 steak...or any dish with meat, eggs, dairy and/or oils...will begin ceasing up your arterial system.  Veins can't expand.  Blood pressure rises.   That's why there are so many heart attacks in the middle of the night.  Eat a fatty take-out or big celebratory meal in the evening, sit until bedtime...and your system finally says, 'enough'.  The circulatory system finds a weak spot within the arterial wall....boom, heart attack/stroke.  Call 911.

Respected Contributor

I suppose if you ate them regularly it would not be a good thing.  Once in a while couldn't hurt.  I think your health depends on your everyday lifestyle and eating habits.

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Honored Contributor

Isn't the middle bun because it actually has TWO hamburger patties in it?

I could be wrong, because I'm truly repulsed by McDonald's 'food' but I seem to recall a picture of this item.

I've eaten another hamburger type item (not as big as this one) from their menu many years ago and I was terribly ill afterward.  Never went back.

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

Isn't the middle bun because it actually has TWO hamburger patties in it?

I could be wrong, because I'm truly repulsed by McDonald's 'food' but I seem to recall a picture of this item.

I've eaten another hamburger type item (not as big as this one) from their menu many years ago and I was terribly ill afterward.  Never went back.

yeah but there are alot of double burgers/cheeseburgers that don't have the extra bun in the middle. They just wanted to be different, lol.

Honored Contributor

Hi HappyDaze!    Ohhh, I see.   I didn't catch that.  I just figured the extra middle-bun was just about the extra meat.  See how much I know?   Smiley Happy

With my esophagus thing, meat and bread are the two things that seem to adversely affect me the worst so it's been a while since I've eaten ANY hamburger.  Usually it won't go past my esophagus and I have to - um, refund if you know what I mean.  Smiley Wink

Esteemed Contributor

What Happens to your body after ingesting a Big Mac?

@June222

I haven't had anything Mac of any type since they cost $.25 and have no plans on starting this late in my life. Just replying to the title and not reading the body of your thread.

I am pretty familiar with what the body does with food and how it goes about turning into other compounds, used or disgarded by ones body.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)