Trusted Contributor

What Happens to your body after ingesting a Big Mac

You know what happens to your body after taking one sip of coffee, but that's nothing compared to what occurs one hour after stuffing your face with a Big Mac. Besides instantly regretting your choice of meal, here is a breakdown of what happens inside you after deciding to eat that lump of a sandwich.

Just 10 minutes after eating a Big Mac, your blood sugar raises to abnormal levels. This is called the "why the hell did I just eat that" phase.

Since the Big Mac bun has high levels of sodium and high-fructose corn syrup your body will crave more of it after just 20 minutes. This is called the "I completely hate myself" phase.

A half hour after eating a Big Mac your kidneys will have trouble getting rid of all that sodium, forcing your heart to work faster to pump blood to your veins. This can ultimately lead to a stroke or heart disease. This is called the "My diet starts on Monday" phase.

Even after eating that 540 calorie burger, your body will start to feel hungry again after just 40 minutes. This is the "let me find a good corner to shame eat" phase.

After one hour that burger will just sit in the pit of your stomach. The Big Mac usually takes up to three days to completely digest. This is the "eh, I had a good run" phase.

Dietician nutritionist Lisa Moskovitz says that while the infographic is "somewhat exaggerated" it is still accurate, and that the affects on a body vary from person to person.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/health/nutrition/this-is-what-happens-to-your-body-one-hour-after-devouring...

Respected Contributor

Re: What Happens to your body after ingesting a Big Mac

But it sure does taste good going down.

Honored Contributor

I don't know since I have never ate one. You would think if people read your post that would be enough info to make you think before you decide to eat it.

Valued Contributor

Honored Contributor

Interesting - Thanks for posting the info. I just e-mailed it to DH! Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't doubt it! Yuck. I haven't had a big mac in at least 30 years and even then I would get it without the secret sauce and onions but I've never really liked them. I don't like fast food in general except in and out burgers and chik fil a chicken sandwich but probably eat one of each once a year.

Trusted Contributor

Yes, I ate many as a child before junk food was called junk food...but, have not eaten anything like it for well over 35 years.

Honored Contributor

Regardless of what "they" say, I will continue to eat my 2 Big Macs a year; NO cheese, and I toss the top bun and replace it with the one in the middle.  

Trusted Contributor

It's all about moderation, LOL!  However, it's been several years since I've been to McDonalds.  I ordered an Angus burger, felt sick the rest of the day, and have no desire to ever go back.

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Super Contributor

That is funny that you should post about Big Mac's the day after I ate one for the first time in about 20 yrs.  I didn't even finish the whole thing for it didn't taste as good as I remembered it.  The secret sauce wasn't that plentiful or that good.  Doubt if I'll buy another one anytime soon.  Woman Tongue

"I always have a chair for you in the smallest parlor in the world, to wit, my heart." --Emily Dickinson