Regular Contributor

Re: Went To Dentist Yesterday

I went yesterday to my dentist for my 4 month cleaning.  As others have posted, every precaution was taken.

I didn't even recognize my hygenist under all the PPE.

I felt safe and was glad they were able to reopen in time for my cleaning.

Esteemed Contributor

I have an emergency dental last week and I was the only client there.  Everyone was wearing a mask, as usual for them, and chairs in the waiting area were blocked.  Today, I am seeing an endodontist and I am hoping that we can get everything taken care of today.  

I do feel that many of the things that doctor offices are doing today is something that, for the most part, should have been done all along.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

Argh... Finally got there yesterday. Everything was arranged so that my only person to person contact was with the dentist. 

I NEVER allow myself to be TOUCHED without being heavily dosed with Novocain, and in the interest of time I BRAVELY PERMITTED MYSELF TO BE DRILLED with NO  pain relief WHATSOEVER. Sugar Free Lollipopfor me.

The tooth feels GREAT.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BunSnoop   I was told I would be asked to gargle with hydrogen peroxide, I don't want to gargle, but rinse would be okay, is that what you rinsed with?

Trusted Contributor

I have mine on 22nd & I am planning to put it off as well. After today's news about a spike, I will just floss away. With 100K+ deaths & a grim predicted death rate for round 2 I won't be seeing a dentist/doctor for a non essential visit anytime soon. It's the new reality we have to live with!

Honored Contributor

@BunSnoop  That is an impressive list! 

My dentist is charging $30 or $35 extra, can’t recall which. I won’t be going unless I have a dental emergency. Luckily, my teeth stay clean so I really don’t need to go for a cleaning.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

You're a brave soul.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I had a dental appt. today that was rescheduled from March 25th to today, due to the pandemic.  It was with a different hygienist than my normal one, but my next appt in Dec. will be back with my usual one.  She asked me a bunch of questions & took my temp & vitals (BP & heart rate), which I've never had done at the dentist before.  She did x-rays & cleaned & sanitized the lead coverings afterwards when she hung them back up on their hanger & then she did a manual scaling & said they aren't using something called a Cavitron right now, because it aerosolizes the water, but other than that, it seemed like a fairly normal appt.  My dentist came in & did an exam when the hygienist was done with the cleaning & that was it. 

Valued Contributor

I am going for a routine visit this week.   I was almost tempted to cancel it but I have a friend from college that has been a dentist for years.  She mentioned to me, that heck if they are following the guidelines it is about the safest place to be.   So I will keep the appt.   I hope the price doesnt' go up.   I don't have dental insurance.

Honored Contributor

For what it is worth on anyone trying to decide to go or not to go, I saw mine early Sunday morning at the Walmart checkout.  He was not wearing a mask, nor was I.  Told him I would see him in August for my next scheduled cleaning.  Made me wonder how many medical providers take precautions outside of work?

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."