Esteemed Contributor

Re: Well, now looking into Mediterranean way of eating

Roasted cauliflower  tossed with olive oil and sprinkled with parma cheese last five min.

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

Never met a veggie I didn't like.  First meal around noon is a large salad with lots of veggies.  We have been doing this long before IF became a trend.   Yes, we are "on" veggies.🥦🥬 🫑

We are a happy healthy plant based family. Wishing you much success on your new journey. 😉

@qualitygal wrote:

How are you on Veg's? 

@phoenixbrd wrote:

Never met a veggie I didn't like.  First meal around noon is a large salad with lots of veggies.  We have been doing this long before IF became a trend.   Yes, we are "on" veggies.🥦🥬 🫑

We are a happy healthy plant based family. Wishing you much success on your new journey. 😉

@qualitygal wrote:

How are you on Veg's? 

I'm fairly good, and plan to try more out.  I don't know yet what I've been missing.

Honored Contributor

Think we have a lot of healthy people on here.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm not a big "veggie" lover at all, but found myself needing to consume more of them. We grill fresh vegetables two or three times a week. We cut out the bread, pasta carbs. Some carbs are fine as for me, it's hard to go no carb. One day at a time.

Respected Contributor

I enjoy watching Chef Maria Loi on the Create cable TV station. You can also Google her for recipes. Very tasty and unique Mediterranean recipes.
Esteemed Contributor

@Mom2Dogs Sorry for the delay in my response, I was away a couple of days.  

As far as crispness for the veggies, yes most times they are a bit more crisp.   Though I drizzle  a fair amount of olive oil because my husband doesn't like them to get burn marks.

Honored Contributor

What always gets me trouble are carbs. So about 3 years ago I began eating carb free and started walking my way to a healthier me! It worked! I lost 70 lbs, got off a lot of prescriptions I was taking and have been still on my journey for life. I just can't eat differently, I need to move to lose weight and keep it off. I'll be 70 my next birthday and am celebrating 45 years as a type 1 diabetic. I've never been so healthy! My doctor is thrilled and so am I. Heart

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

I am a big fan of PicSweet I think is the name. I buy four bags of their mixed vegetables (sweet potatoes, Brussels sprout, and cauliflower are my favorite) and toss them in olive or avocado oil with seasoning salt and Cajun spice and roast them at 450 degrees on a large sheet pan.

It makes two large LocknLock containers of vegetables that I use for breakfast as a scrambled egg bowl, sides throughout the day, or a meal in itself. Easy and I cook them once a week or less.  

It's a staple of my meal prep. 

Honored Contributor

The way I love veggies most is roasting in the oven. I add any veggies that I have around that need used or from the freezer! Yummmy.Woman Very Happy

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

Just found her on You Tube and watching what she is all about.  Thanks!  @MOMMAVik