Honored Contributor

Well it hit me...keep doing the same thing the same way and expecting different results

[ Edited ]

is the definition of insanity. Well, at WW, I'm not making the progress I want. So that saying came to me and today, I did a vegetable dish for lunch. In changing from a salad, I'm leaving the salad dressing alone. Tonight, it's fish and coleslaw and I'll be very careful of tarter sauce.

One HBO or whatever channel that was showing these 2 young brothers. Their father in discussing what was needed for them to succeed, would say to them, "what are you willing to do" (to get there)? So I kept thinking on that and the insanity quote came to me. I still needed some changes, or I won't make it down the last 20 I want to get rid of.

So we'll see if this helps. Another bend in the road to get to the destination. Maybe this will help someone else!!

Respected Contributor

Re: Well it hit me...keep doing the same thing the same way and expecting different results

I've been on WW a few times.  Before the point system, I always lost weight - after the point system, I didn't.  I think they need to go back to the original program. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Well it hit me...keep doing the same thing the same way and expecting different results

Exactly.  Need to step back and be honest with yourself.  That's another reason tracking is important.  Write down everything.  If you can't identity the things you're eating that are holding you back, the folks at ww can spot it when reviewing the tracker.

Valued Contributor

I just wanted to say that I went to WW four separate times in the past and lost a lot of weight each time. I have no problem when I decide to do it. After age 60 nothing. I could always do it on my own. Your body does things differently so I gave up. Even after losing 74 lbs. and got to size 6, I never felt different. I always had to look in the mirror to believe it. The guilt others put on you is not worth it anymore. I'm 73 now and doing as I please.

Honored Contributor

I agree.  I'm a lifetime member and originally lost 20 pounds on the program they were using back in the 1990's.  Recently went back to lose the same 15-20 pounds, followed the point system and in my first week, when I think I should lose the most, I lost 0.8 pounds.  I was eating less than my allowed points so I was disappointed. 

The leader said I wasn't eating enough!!!  That I should use my entire point allowance.  If I did that, I would be eating normally, so what's the point.  Did not go back and since I'll be turning 66 in a few weeks I figure I'm entitled to a few extra pounds.  Not worth the stress.

Honored Contributor

Op - if you are eating coleslaw and tarter sauce you are not being honest with yourself. They are both very high fat items made from mayo. Why aren't you losing weight? - you need to be looking at labels and seeing the carbs and the fats in the foods you are eating.

Honored Contributor

@151949, doing all that. You go to WW too?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

What about exercise?  Unless there's some reason why you can't do anything, this could be a big help with your efforts.  Can you walk 30 minites a day either inside or outside?  Even three 10-minute walks in front of the TV will yield results if you stick to it.

Valued Contributor

Trusted Contributor

@151949 wrote:

Op - if you are eating coleslaw and tarter sauce you are not being honest with yourself. They are both very high fat items made from mayo. Why aren't you losing weight? - you need to be looking at labels and seeing the carbs and the fats in the foods you are eating.

There are lots of cole slaw recipes that do not include any mayo at all.  I know several that use ssome version of vinegar, including balsamic, and oil plus various spices and the amount of oil is quite small.