Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

That seal means nothing to me...if I want to go in a store and feel good about it I will go in....I don't need someone else or something else telling me what I need to do or how I should feel about a business......big brother is getting bigger.

Is this a government-sponsored program?

I don't know but if I was guessing, I'd say yes.

Respected Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

That seal means nothing to me...if I want to go in a store and feel good about it I will go in....I don't need someone else or something else telling me what I need to do or how I should feel about a business......big brother is getting bigger.

Is this a government-sponsored program?

I don't know but if I was guessing, I'd say yes.

The commercial has been on for a while so I don't think it's government sponsored. 

Honored Contributor

@Lali1 ...good to know.  I wonder who is behind it?

Esteemed Contributor

From what  I understand,  taking this green initiative  in new building construction , it will cost more to build. I believe I heard that  increases in building costs in California has added to  lack of adequate housing  besides the cost of rent .

Honored Contributor

Whoever is behind it, is well financed. There are alot of commercials. And lots of stations showing the commercial plus the celebrities promoting it. Someone is profiting for putting up a sign.

I have watched the people spraying and wiping down the carts, wiping down the fixtures, wiping the keypads when you pay. I don't have to be looking for someone putting up a safety seal. I watched the cleaning that goes on.

Sounds like another way to make a business pay an extra fee.

Honored Contributor

@drizzellla I did not start seeing the commercials until well into this Covid crisis and assumed it had something to do with cleanliness standards.  It does not.  It's more about new buildings or refurbs meeting some guidelines that cover a bunch of things like emergncy protocols and who knows what else.  You can read a little more about it in some of the previous responses to my post.  However, I do think they are taking advantage of the Covid scare to advertise their company.  There is nothing in the commercial to clarify that it has nothing to do with Covid cleaning standards.  I don't consider including encouraging handwashing in their protocols to be something that would indicate to me the building is any cleaner than any other building.

Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@drizzellla I did not start seeing the commercials until well into this Covid crisis and assumed it had something to do with cleanliness standards.  It does not.  It's more about new buildings or refurbs meeting some guidelines that cover a bunch of things like emergncy protocols and who knows what else.  You can read a little more about it in some of the previous responses to my post.  However, I do think they are taking advantage of the Covid scare to advertise their company.  There is nothing in the commercial to clarify that it has nothing to do with Covid cleaning standards.  I don't consider including encouraging handwashing in their protocols to be something that would indicate to me the building is any cleaner than any other building.

I only meant not new as in not something the new government administration started. Yes I also thought it was about cleanliness or that they had added protections for something like that. I felt from the first time I saw the commercial there was something underhanded in it. 

Honored Contributor

Sounds like the seal is there to attract customers and employees to a business by showing them it's safe to be inside their building...sort of the same effect as BBB (Better Business Bureau) and to provide an agency to report violations set down by the seal.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Sounds like the seal is there to attract customers and employees to a business by showing them it's safe to be inside their building...sort of the same effect as BBB (Better Business Bureau) and to provide an agency to report violations set down by the seal.

@SilleeMee After reading what has been posted here explaining it I wouldn't come to that conclusion.   

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

I keep seeing ads with celebrities saying to look for the Well Health Safety Seal before entering a bulding.  If I did that I wouldn't be entering any buildings.  I have never seen one of those seals in my area.  You?

@Icegoddess 

Nope!

hckynut 

hckynut(john)