Esteemed Contributor

The WELL Health-Safety Rating for Facility Operations and Management is an evidence-based, third-party verified rating for all new and existing building and facility types focusing on operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans. 

Designed to empower owners and operators across large and small businesses alike to take the necessary steps in order to prioritize the health and safety of their staff, visitors and other stakeholders....

gotta stop, laughing too hard!

Honored Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

The WELL Health-Safety Rating for Facility Operations and Management is an evidence-based, third-party verified rating for all new and existing building and facility types focusing on operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans. 

Designed to empower owners and operators across large and small businesses alike to take the necessary steps in order to prioritize the health and safety of their staff, visitors and other stakeholders....

gotta stop, laughing too hard!

@Still Raining So. the business is paying someone to verify their policies and protocols are safe, not that the business is actually following those policies and protocols?

Esteemed Contributor

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/rambling-reporter/jennifer-lopez-michael-b-jordan-endorse-new-heal...

"The WELL Health-Safety Rating comes from IWBI, a company founded by Paul Scialla who also serves as founder and CEO of Delos, a New York-based wellness, real estate and technology firm. Scialla spent 18 years working on Wall Street, with 10 of those spent at Goldman Sachs where he was a partner. At the time, he paid attention to the green building movement and the focus on environmental sustainability but felt something was missing."

"

He felt there was an opportunity to converge health sciences and building science, and so he founded the IWBI and created the WELL Building Standard in order to “improve human health and wellbeing through the built environment.” For more than five years, the company has certified and registered projects in 76 counties and more than a billion square feet of real estate. The just-launched WELL Health-Safety Rating is a subset of the Building Standard and was born, per Scialla, in response to demand from the industry for third-party verification of health and safety protocols, now reviewed and verified by the Washington, D.C-based Green Business Certification Inc.

In L.A., Be DTLA by The Souferian Group has become the first apartment building across all of Southern California to achieve the WELL Health-Safety Rating, according to a rep for the building. The building, currently undergoing a multimillion-dollar revitalization, has been designed with amenities like a TikTok creative content studio, podcast recording rooms and a variety of work-from-home studios and lounges, and wellness programs."

Esteemed Contributor

@Icegoddess 

Owners or operators can pursue the WELL Health-Safety Rating for projects independently, seamlessly use the rating as a stepping-stone to achieve WELL Certification or integrate the rating as a milestone within their WELL Certification or WELL Portfolio journey.

WELL Health-Safety Rating Scope
The WELL Health-Safety Rating includes more than 20 features across the following core areas, a minimum of 15 of which need to be met:

• Sanitation Procedures
• Emergency Preparedness Programs
• Health Service Resources
• Air and Water Quality Management
• Stakeholder Engagement and Communication
• Innovation

Looks like they have to actually do them, or at least 15 of the 20?

One of the sanitation ones is to "Support Handwashing".  
Got to ask, are they they clean after being "supported"?

Honored Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

@Icegoddess 

Owners or operators can pursue the WELL Health-Safety Rating for projects independently, seamlessly use the rating as a stepping-stone to achieve WELL Certification or integrate the rating as a milestone within their WELL Certification or WELL Portfolio journey.

WELL Health-Safety Rating Scope
The WELL Health-Safety Rating includes more than 20 features across the following core areas, a minimum of 15 of which need to be met:

• Sanitation Procedures
• Emergency Preparedness Programs
• Health Service Resources
• Air and Water Quality Management
• Stakeholder Engagement and Communication
• Innovation

Looks like they have to actually do them, or at least 15 of the 20?

One of the sanitation ones is to "Support Handwashing".  
Got to ask, are they they clean after being "supported"?

@Still Raining Sounds like Gobbledygook to me. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Icegoddess 

Yes indeed, the biggest load I have seen in a while.  

Thanks for starting this OP, most fun I have had today 🥳

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

That seal means nothing to me...if I want to go in a store and feel good about it I will go in....I don't need someone else or something else telling me what I need to do or how I should feel about a business......big brother is getting bigger.

Is this a government-sponsored program?

Esteemed Contributor

@Icegoddess That is such a racket! Certainly NOT a PSA! There is money changing hands out of sight.

Honored Contributor

Re: Well Health Safety Seal

[ Edited ]

I've never heard of the Well Health Seal.  So I looked it up.  Sounds like a Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval for building interiors.  

Esteemed Contributor

@skatting44   Thank for the  information and the link.  Honestly I was unaware of the program.  It doesn't cost me anything unlike the products  advertised for our homes, air purifies, hepa filters on vacuums, and filters etc. that can cost a fortune  But for a buildings and doesn't cost a dime.   I see nothing wrong with it.