Honored Contributor

Re: Welcome to the September Exercise Thread

Hey everyone!  Another beautiful sleep night.

Hmmm, I can smell that apple bread 🍞 from my early homemaking memories.  The first food processor that I bought in the 80s had a cook book 📚 with it that had the best recipes and one of them was an apple cake recipe which I'm sure was a little richer than apple bread but I wasn't counting calories then.  And I had small kids to help eat it.

Dental appointment this morning.  I thought this visit would be the root canal that I'm supposed to get but they say another cleaning first.  I hope they don't wake up this nerve that was loudly speaking to me three weeks ago.

This morning before I go, I'll do about an hour of one of my made up routines for my workout.  I worked out hard yesterday so, no guilt here, lol.  😂 

Be safe everyone.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Good morning all!

@bopper, could you post your recipe for Apple Bread?  I make pumpkin bread all the time, but a change would be nice.  I have an apple cake recipe from years ago that was actually published as a dish for Rosh Hashanah/Yom Kippur because it was considered 'parev' (didn't use ingredients that couldn't be used together under kosher dietary laws).  It is delicious, but I don't even want to think about the calories.

I hope you are all doing well--I'm glad to see the gym stories again!

Yesterday, I had to give up my class to a substitute who was auditioning to teach Zumba (they are adding classes at the gym).  She was okay, but she made very little connection with the class.  Faced the mirror the whole time and when she gave verbal cues--you couldn't hear them because the music was so loud.  When the class had 5 minutes left, I told her that she should start her cool down, but she insisted on doing one more high energy song and she ran out of time (there is a class right after).  I posted something about facing the class on the zumba instructor web page and boy, did it start a s*** storm.  Some of these people were all "i don't feel comforatable facing the class"  and "it's too hard to learn the choreography starting on the left foot".  I didn't want to get nasty, but seriously, if you want to be an instructor in dance fitness, you become a performer and you need to look at your class to make sure people are not doing something that would hurt them and to check in occasionally to make sure they are okay.  They hammer that into your head in the basic instructor training in Zumba!

Today I have my personal training session, so it will be mostly weight training.  I am putting together a new playlist for October's zumba and it will include Monster Mash and You put a spell on me.  I want to do a tango to And When I Die, but don't know if I can get it ready in time.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Respected Contributor

Happy Friday, the sun is peeking through and I'm dancing for joy!  Some blue skies, it's been a long time...I'll take it.  

I did my Gazelle this morning and 2 dog walks, on a very wet and muddy slippery trail but as long as I saw some blue skies I'm going out there.  In the 40's...

Dr. Kelli are you on Pinterest, its on there.  Just let me know.

Foxxie it's apple season so I have to make the bread, and crisp, I make lots of apple sauce too that I freeze for later in winter, ( hate saying that word)  Hahaha...

I also have some pumpkin bread here, getting too many things I like could become a problem  LOL

Laura, Judy, Nomless, MickD, waving to ya all!

Honored Contributor

@bopper, girl, pleassssse dont mention apple crisp, lol.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Happy Saturday!

Foxxie I laughed out loud, Apple Crisp!!!!!!!!!!   Come on over, we can chat and have some!

This morning I did Total Gym drills with Rosalie and just got back from a 30 minute walk on the trail.  Winter jacket, hat and mitts this morning, yes we're at that point in the game.

Saw big deer track so I know a big buck is back there, cool to see.

I think I"ll put up the October post so I don't forget to do it.  So keep posting here until then.

Leaves are turning here, I wish it would last longer..

Be well everyone!

Respected Contributor

@bopper, I've tried all day, but I can't get into MFP to respond to your latest message. Even the password reset fails. Sorry. Thanks for your good wishes. 

Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie and @bopper I LOVE apple crisp!  Seem to remember something from when I was a child called "Apple Brown Betty."  Do either of you remember that?  Was it the same as apple crisp?  Could have been a West coast thing.  

Now I want some apple crisp.

Respected Contributor

@JudyL wrote:

@Mmsfoxxie and @bopper I LOVE apple crisp!  Seem to remember something from when I was a child called "Apple Brown Betty."  Do either of you remember that?  Was it the same as apple crisp?  Could have been a West coast thing.  

Now I want some apple crisp.

@JudyL, it's my understanding that in Apple Brown Betty, crumbs are layered with the fruit, rather than being only on top. Either dessert sounds good to me, too. 

Honored Contributor

@nomless yes, I think you're right about the crumbs in the apple brown betty.  Thats what I think I'll have to make in a few weeks when it gets cooler and I feel like baking.

Respected Contributor

Happy Sunday, all this apple talk, making me want to make Apple cobbler....love the cinnamon and nugmeg smells.

I did gazelle and dog walk today, and then went to see my sisters new horse.  It' s chilly here.

Football and baseball, pretty quiet day here.    Say hi to Miss Pearl!

Image may contain: horse