Respected Contributor

Re: Welcome to the September Exercise Thread

[ Edited ]

Hey all, woke up to all the pictures of Florida today.  I think everyone was tuned in.   Glad to see it wasn't as bad as predicted, not saying it was good by any means only what I heard on tv.

And the anniversary of 911 too, and I was touched by the ceremony I watched today as well.  Never forget that day!

I did 4 miles outside today, glorius day!

MickD good job on that TG, and yes your abs will be screaming

Dr.Kelli your class with Lablast sounds fun, the music really gets you going!    Have fun!

Nomless go get em, love your plan!

foxxie any red hatter stuff in the works?  Congrats on the weight loss that is wonderful!!! 

Lucy where are you?   Hoping everything is okay.

Sending prayers to those who need them!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I did cardio today...yay! Feeling like I'll get my groove back.  😊

I'm sorry Kacy is retiring from ANW to join WWE, but I would guess it's a great move for her financially. I hope she loves her new endeavor.

Honored Contributor

My gym is closed today because of the storm so no classes for me.  I will be repopulating my porch and patio with my refugee furniture so strength and cardio all in one as soon as the sun comes up.

There are trees down all over.  A neighbor has one on their house and there is one across the entrance to our development.  I guess we must not be living right around here.

Congratulations @Mmsfoxxie on your weight loss!!  That is fantastic!  You keep going girl!

Have a great Tuesday everyone! 

Honored Contributor

Good morning, everyone.  I woke up this morning being extremely thankful and blessed.  I have a roof over my head, I have three toilets that work, I have food and water at my disposal and our cars are not under water.

@Laura14, wow, you got more than I thought you would. You're right, you will get plenty of exercise with just your clean up.  I hope you get some help.

Well, I have my three exercise classes today...more than enough for this body.  One thing I've meant to mention the fact that the muscles around my knee might be getting better.  In the past, if inwalked more than two miles at once, I'd pay for it the next day.  Since I've been doing my 5Ks, I haven't had a problem.  So maybe I can get to 4 miles at some point.  My knees are fickle, though.  Sometimes one of them will just almost buckle just getting up and walking a few feet.  Separate problem from distance walking, I think.

Have a good day everyone.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Good morning, all! 

@Laura14, I'm glad that you are okay--it's going to s*ck with all that clean up, but it sounds like you didn't have property damage either.

@Mmsfoxxie, I don't know how you 3 classes in a day!  I'm glad that your area is okay to!

To @bopper@nomless and @MickD--hi to you this morning!

I have small group training today--it's kind of a full body workout.  There is only 2 of us today, so we will get a lot of complaining done. LOL!

Have a good day, everyone!

Honored Contributor

Did the Rosalie Brown Total Gym workout.  Surprisingly my abs aren't blown yet.  My thighs are getting it though.

Have a safe and happy Tuesday everyone!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

Hey all, it's an Indian summer day here!   80 degrees is pretty crazy!  Did 45 minutes on the reformer today and then had to run some errands and get my hair done.  I love when they shampoo and scrub your head....longer please Hahaha

MickD glad you are liking your TG workouts, what level do you find yourself doing yours at?  

Dr.Kelli how many are in small group?   Sounds like a good solid complete workout too!

foxxie I'm with you on the gratitude, lots to be thankful for.  Glad your knees are better, you may do 4 mile at that if you keep this up!   

Laura how much clean up do you have to do.  My SIL's both said their places in Florida escaped a lot of damage so we were very glad to hear that.  Hard when your not there and it's your winter home and you get pictures via your Florida neighbors but they were spared and they are on the gulf side of Florida.  Be careful on the cleanup and don't get hurt by anything falling.

Lucy you okay, you've been missing for a bit now.   Check in when you can, we do know your busy with your new home and family things, volunteering and gym.

Later kids!

Honored Contributor

@bopper I am doing this 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IsbPrYs4y0M

and if she has hers at 12...I do 6 and when she does a 6 I'm a 4.  No full planks either as I need my back!

I also do the Todd D intermediate workout that came with the Total Gym.

Have a relaxing head massage at your salon!  I was supposed to get my hair done today but had to reschedule....

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

@DrKelli, my body and sculpt class is cardio with weights.  After that is my flexibility class similar to yoga which is restful.  Then I do Zumba.  This Zumba is very high energy and I don't always finish it.  

On Mondays, I walk 2 miles, do a cardio class and then a strength and motion class which is cardio and light weights again.  Classes are 45 to 50 minutes so there is a couple minutes rest.  When I get home I'm pooped.  If I have to cook, I go right into it because after my shower,  I'm not doing another thing that's not an emergency.

When I grow up I'm going to do as much ch as you gals do, lol.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Good morning everyone.

Just a walk for me today and run some errands.

I hope everybody is well.