Valued Contributor

Re: Welcome to the September Exercise Thread

Oh...they did that VO2 and muscle efficiency test on dh. They couldn't believe how high his was, especially for not working out for a few months. They said his was very high(well past the excellent ranking) and would like him to come back and do it again when he gets back in shape...they want to see what it is then if it's way above 100% now.

I'm wondering if they'll do mine. Haven't had it all done in a lot of years. I know I won't be as good as his is, but it's still good to know.

Honored Contributor

Went on a trail run...almost killed me as I haven't been out in months...very hot...like a desert. eeked out 24 minutes worth and walked home for 20. gotta get out earlier in the day....

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

Hey all, went grocery shopping this morning and a couple other places then home and put away all the perishables and laced up my trail shoes and Logan and I went to the Xcountry ski trail and did about 4.5 miles...then I just came in from another mile on the trail by my house.

It's beautiful here again...70 out and just a slight breeze. I"ll take it!

Pppmint I bet Lucy is so cute in her basket strutting herself all over the place...posing for her photo's..her a pretty girl! {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}Hoping DS is better today and it was just an adjustment for him.

Nomless I got mixed up and thought you also watched NCIS..but yes we all think about cosmetics..Glad you did your TG

MickD it's really hot by you..we are so in Fall mode here...but it's time too.

Watching baseball on TV right now..

Time for some pumpkin spice coffee I do believe. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Respected Contributor

Bopper, I think maybe it was Tony who used to talk to Cosmetics about NCIS??? Enjoy your cool pretty day. You got a lot of miles in!

Patty, on the other hand, it sounds like you're having a nasty day. Be careful...flash flooding is so scary. How cool that DH was off the charts re: the muscle test. Wow. Does Lucy bark, or is she quiet? I hope DS is better today.

Hi, Mick, you did good sticking with it even though it was very hot. Yay!

I'll do my cardio tonight. Sigh. It sure it repetitive, but it gets the job done.

Oh, yesterday a recliner cover I ordered from Q arrived. It's that fuzzy, super-soft material, and the cats love it. Shadow usually sits on me, but last night when I was on the sofa, he preferred sitting in the chair on the nice new cover. He smiled at me, but it didn't come and sit with me, LOL!

Respected Contributor

Hi, all. I'm here! Busy, busy week. I've had stuff Sunday, Monday and Tuesday night. Tonight I hit a wall. My allergies are getting a little better, so that's nice. Let see, Monday I rode the bike around the neighborhood for 5 miles, and walked 3. Yesterday I squeezed in 30 minutes of Pilates. Today I did 2.5 miles of walking. I didn't sleep well last night and my pts were SO dang draining today, but I just made myself do it, and I felt better afterward. Tmrw will be spin in the am, and maybe some lifting, too. Friday I will probably have a rest day. I have work and a meeting tmrw, and I might need to take boy dog to the vet. His eye has been kind of goopy today, and is red. I thought it might just be allergies or something (he takes after his mama -- lol!), but I think it might be an infection or do dogs get pink eye? Anywho, I'll see how he is tomorrow. Ok I have GOT to get to bed. 4:45 comes around early, y'all! Have a good night. I'll try to check in tomorrow!!
Valued Contributor

Morning everyone!

nomless, she rides in a carrier that goes over my shoulders, it didn't work as well on my Cannondale because I have to lean over on that bike so she felt like she was going to dump out. I felt like I had to hold her with one hand, with the cruiser I can just sit straight up and so can she and she loves it! No, doesn't make a peep until we see another dog...and then she gives out one "YAP"...just letting them know she's there and she's important...lol. I'm glad Shadow approved of the cover! Aren't cats funny, everything that you lay down is for them of course.{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Never heard of pink-eye in a dog but Lucy definitely has some allergies in hers, they've been watering like crazy.

DH flew to GA this morning, had to get up at 3:30. Well, he wanted to be to sleep by 10:30 but that was not to be. Something was going on with one of his officers so he was getting texts regarding that. He can't put it on vibrate either because he can't miss getting something so neither one of us could sleep!

My gf is coming up to work-out with me this morning then we're going to partake in a water sport...she has to decide which one she's willing to try...lol. She ran 11 miles the other day so she wants to get me out there again. I told her I'm not sure about my foot, it still hurts quite a bit.

Respected Contributor

Morning, I just did my KCM Gym Intervals Workout 1...still liking her workouts. I may order her Slim Sculpt which used a KB.

It was supposed to be sunny here but it's cloudy and quite muggy actually. I made my applesauce yesterday and will start another batch in a bit, and maybe another loaf of bread to stick in the freezer. I have come across a lot of apple recipes lately with very few ingredients so they are quick to prepare for a gathering.

FUTURE I sure hope you feel better. Seems allergies are really bad right now for many..

Nomless BL tonight! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Pppmint have fun on the water. Are you paddle boarding? Very popular here too. My SIL goes often but you need a wet suit here the lake is so cold! Hope your foot doesn't hurt too badly!

Guess I"ll shower and get going on those apples.

Have a great day!

Respected Contributor

Yep, BL tonight. I'm excited. Before the show, I'll do a TG session.

Bopper, I'm glad you and KCM get along so well. LOL. She has tons of DVDs, you'll have to look for others you might like. Thank goodness for vid reviews and previews, eh?

Patty, I bet Lucy looks adorable in her carrier. I hope DS is doing better, and that you and GF have a fun workout.

Future, I sure hope it's allergies and not an infection. One of my cats seems to have allergies; her eyes water like crazy every spring and fall.

Here's a home dec aside: I have some VPH beaded fruit that I got many many years ago that's been packed away because I don't have anything to put it in. I came across the boxes of fruits when I was cleaning my closet the other day and decided I need to get something....finally. So I went to HL today and found a big round jar with a lid ...it's probably about 15" wide and tall. Then I looked for something to put underneath it so it will look finished. I found some plate chargers that are shiny and pretty. I couldn't decide if I liked the red or gold one better. I then saw they were only $2, so I got one of each. I think it will look good. I need color in my living room, this will add a little. If I like it, I'll have to consider getting a string of lights to put in side, too.

Respected Contributor

TG done...ugh. I like the jar I got. It's a footed jar, clear glass,10" in diameter, 12" high with the lid. I put the beaded fruit in it. It looks nice as a centerpiece on my dining table. I can see it has potential for seasonal decor.....I could fill it with winter theme things for the cold months, birds and nests for spring, flag scenes for July, flowers for summer. Endless possibilities....if I have the imagination to do it! Bopper, I bet you'd have lots of ideas.
Respected Contributor

Well, his eye looked better this am. No green gook. Smiley Wink Ill bet it was just allergies from being outside the two days before, or maybe it got irritated with something. Sleep own out over spin this morning (I needed it so bad, I just tossed and turned the night before), but I went tonight and she kicked my tail. I thought my heart was gonna jump out of my chest a few times and I was drenched. Good workout. My legs were weak walking upstairs a minute ago. Lol! Now I'm watching some football and chilling with the pups. I have a long day tmrw. Work and a class for my certification. Gotta do it! Hubby has a big presentation tmrw, so we will probably eat dinner and crash early tmrw night!! Nomless, I have a white footed bowl that I really love. Glad you found one. Patty, I wish I could get my dogs in a "backpack". I don't know if they would do as well as Lucy. I died laughing at her one YAP, because that sounds like our girl. She cracks me up. Bopper, I'll take a loaf of that homemade bread....Smiley Wink Hi to canine, Mick, tony, and all the other friends out there. TGIF!!!!!!!!!!!!!