Valued Contributor

Re: Welcome to the November Exercise Thread

[ Edited ]

Hi guys!  I'm not sure I'm even doing this right, I almost replied to cater's post so I hope it shows up where it's supposed to!   DS is having some issues, they don't think the Humira and Imuran are working for him.  He saw doc on Friday and they ordered some very specific(and super expensive) blood tests, he stopped in between their surgeries yesterday(he works at 2 different hospitals) and had the blood drawn.  They have to send it to a special lab because not many places do this antibody testing.  We're scared but nothing we can do but pray.  The newest med they have is VERY expensive, more so than the Humira and that's really expensive...it's very hard to get approval to go on it so this may be a long process.  Meanwhile, he's working his rear end off...worked 18.5 hours last Friday and had to be in ICU the next morning at 8.  Stresses me out but I can't stop him.  He's on-call this entire weekend and had 3 cases yesterday so hasn't had a day off in a while.  Thanks for asking cater! <3

So glad you found something nomless...yay!  I've prayed for you!  How is your foot?  I haven't read back far enough if you've mentioned it...hope it's better.   

Guess who's been crossing my mind a lot recently??  cosmetics.  Still makes me sad.  We were biking yesterday and I don't know why she popped into my head again but I was remembering a lot of things...I think it's something about this time of year. 

We ran, walked, biked, and did a CF wod yesterday and dh fell on his head and whaled his foot...haha!  He's so terrible at handstands!  I can't figure it out, it's a major ordeal for him.  Errands, laundry, cleaned, and washed his vehicle inside and out...productive day!  I also got gifts ready for some upcoming birthdays and parties.

Big news here is we're moving again.  Yep, haven't even been here 1.5 years and found out for sure last week that DH got the job he really wanted...we'll be closer to the kids and it's a beautiful area, but still dreading another move.  We've been busy, ugh...this week was terrible.  Started off Monday morning at 3:30 for dh to fly out.  Friday I had to drive him to work(only 1 car, mine was in shop),ladies bible study is at 9:30 this season and I'm a leader, cooked a casserole for 100 people, went to Command Turkey-Fry, and had to be to my ultra-sound...all by noon. 

Well, I guess that was my last chapter in the book, some things never change! Smiley Wink  I'm heading out in the rain for a run before church, dh is still sleeping so can't do the dreadmill.  It's Friend's Day today, we invited some friends so hope it works out. 

Waving to everyone...bopper, skylark, Tony, canine, and anyone else who posts here!!!  Hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving! 

Esteemed Contributor

@bopper et al, can you and your exercise group recommend some of your favorite workout music?  I am in need of some new upbeat tunes to keep me company!  TIA.  LM

Respected Contributor

Happy Sunday Funday!    It's been a very chilly day here but sunny.  21 when I went outside.  

I walked to the golf course and back and witnessed the release of 2 Snowy Owls from the Raptor Center.   A small presentation was before the release and then off they went.  It was super cool.  These owls have been very sick and some didn't make it. They came here from Canada and get so tired flying over the water that they lose weight and get very sick.  They weighed in at 2 lbs. when captured and now when released were at a healthy 4 pounds...so beautiful.   Then afterward the TV station who filmed it asked me to talk to them and reluctantly I said OK, so now I'll be shown on TV....what a Dork I am !

Lilysmom I really am no help in the music dept.  I don't workout to music when I use my machines I watch TV...and otherwise I'm outside....I hope someone can help you..

Patty so nice to hear from you.  We have all been missing you and Lucy something terrible!   Sorry to hear DS is having some issues again, I pray for your family at night that all will to alright.   Moving again, holy cow your head must be spinning....but getting DH his dream job is awesome and a blessing too.   

Nomless how are you doing today and you cater!   Nice to see you as well.

Watching football now, my Lions finally won again..whooo hooooo

Enjoy the evening!

Esteemed Contributor

@bopper, no problem.  Perhaps some others in your thread have some ideas for me.

Great story about the owl!  LM

Respected Contributor

Patty, I'm so happy to see you!!  I've thought of you and ds and dh and Lucy so often.  I'm so sorry that ds is still having difficulty and is working so hard.  He must be worn out but boy, his spirit is sure strong.  Prayers that an answer can be found for him.  I'm relieved to know that dh is OK.  Have thought about him a lot with all the stuff going on.

It's awesome you'll be moving closer to the kids and that dh got the job he wanted.  Another move will be a hassle but you've had a lot of practice!

How nice of you to ask about my foot.  The one with PF sems to have healed, bit now the other one is acting up.  Feels like a neuroma, but I can tolerate it.  

I too think of Cosmetics....and get sad.  I hope she knows how much we care about her.

I hope you'll drop in now and then and let us know how things are going.  We miss you!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi, Cater, it's good to see you. How nice your kids are closer to home.  I hope you all can get together for Thanksgiving.

Lilysmom, I'm sorry, I can't offer music ideas.  When I do cardio, I watch TV.   

Bopper, how awesome the owls are well enough to be released.  Let us know if the clip of you on TV is posted online....I'd love to see it.  I bet your little tree is pretty.  You're good at decorating.  Can you post a pic?

Tony, Skylark, I hope you had a good weekend and didn't get snowed in.

Valued Contributor

I can never find where to "reply" here!  Remember I stopped doing this right after they changed everything so this is very unfamiliar to me.

nomless and bopper...thank-you so much for the thoughts and prayers...very much appreciated.  Heart

For sure, everyone says they wonder what he could accomplish if he felt good.  He said he's ALWAYS tired and he always has diarrhea. And a couple of days before his shot, the cramps and diarrhea are worse.  He's got his full-time job in the IM and Cath labs, then is working part-time in ICU...and they are helping teach Sunday School and some other stuff(just did that hunger run they do(volunteer) every year and he actually walked it) so I am always on edge that he's doing too much.  He said he feels bad regardless so may as well live. 

Sorry about your foot nomless...ugh!  Always something isn't it?!  I got a call back from my doc Friday night about my ultra-sound...need a biopsy done.  That was right after ds's phone call though about becoming immune to the meds so my issue isn't even a blip on my radar.  And thanks for thinking of DH and his safety...he's been busy! 

Cool about the owls bopper!  

Not so sure about the "dream job" now, given what has transpired in our country the past 2 weeks.  I was hoping he wouldn't be as busy(on call 24-7 here and traveling a lot) as he is here, but given the nature of this new job, I think it may be "second verse, same as the first".   We have to go to DC to meet some folks and hear what it all entails, trying to set that trip up now.  Believe it or not, they can't discuss it over the phone.  I know, sounds dramatic, but it's nothing unusual for us. 

It was in the 30's here this morning which is unusual for this area, this early in the season.  The first half of our run wasn't pleasant with the wind(25mph), but second half was nice, a few gusts here and there.

I'm waiting for grocery store to open at 9:30 to go get our Turkey-Day food(going to my gf's house), then have the Turkey-Day Aerobathon at the gym.  I went last year with my gf but she had a hysterectomy so can't go this year. 

So nice catching up with you guys!!  Oh, Lillysmom(I hope that's it, I cant see the old posts now), I just pick-out songs and dh downloads them for me.  I'm kind of all over the map with my music...which is how I go through life...lol!  I like some oldies, some Christian, some country, Southern Rock, etc.  Since teaching bible study, I was listening to some sermons while on the treadmill to help me understand the material better.  I know, I'm real exciting. Smiley Wink 

Respected Contributor

Happy Monday everyone ,  in the 20's here today and the roads in the neighborhood were all snow covered so I took it gingerly on my walk this morning so I wouldn't fall down.  Taking Logan to the trail in a little bit although I already had him there earlier but he enjoys his freedom back there as long as he listens to me!  

Nomless my little tree is just that "little"  but it sparkles to me....I don't have all my decorations out, still have my Fall stuff and just a little bit of Christmas stuff.  I'll do it on Friday after Thanksgiving is over.  I'm having my son and Olivia and my dad and cooking a turkey...if anyone has a good leftover turkey recipe please post as I know I'll have leftovers.  Soup is a given but anything else that is tasty I'd like too.

Patty, so good to hear from you again, DS sure has been through a lot and and stays so strong...then I think about your move and DH and what has gone on in the world and his plate is always full too.   Praying your biopsy goes alright and you can put this behind you...

Getting dark right now like it's going to snow...Only 31 outside so it hasn't gone up much since early this morning..said 40 on Thanksgiving day though.

Lilysmom maybe you can do a google search on workout music and see what you like.

cater Logan is loving the cold,,,,he's so frisky anyways and there is something about anyone wearing mittens or gloves ...he loves to ****** at your gloves,,,he doesn't bite your hands or anything but he loves to jump up at your hands...then if you make snowballs, look out he's nut-so....  hahahah  loves to chase them when you throw them.

Ok everyone, on to the next thing, enjoy the day!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Bopper, who do you like your cashmere socks?   Are they soft?   And warm?  Good for you for treating yourself.

Patty, DS is sure pushing himself hard.  No wonder you worry about him.   What a great attitude he has.   I sure hope your biopsy is ok.  DH will be on my mind, too.   How's Lucy doing?  I hope she's good.  It sure is good to hear from you again .  

Well, maybe I'll be a slug this week, too.  Today I had lunch with a friend today then stopped and got groceries for Thanksgiving.  Now I don't feel like doing a workout.....I think it's time!e for a nap!  😀.    Hey!  I just discovered the keyboard on this tablet has a key for emoticons...cool.  

This is my last week off before I start the new job next Tuesday.  It's only 15-17 hours per week but, boy, it's going to be hard getting back on a schedule.  I suppose it won't take long to adjust.

It was cold all weekend but now it's mid 50s again, still too warm to try out the new Berkshire sheets.  WMN, have you tried yours yet?

Esteemed Contributor

Whew!!  Lots happening with all of you.  

Patty,wow,what with your son's health,dh's fall and moving,yikes lots of big things.  Hoping every one of them are doing well.  And all this and Holidays,too. 

Cater,hello. Nice to see your post.

Bopper,that must have been a thrill with the owls.  I would have loved to have seen that. Our dogs aren't real thrilled with snow. Ours is melting now,we had about 7 inches. 40's today.

Nomless,enjoy your last week of "freedom" before you start your job.

We're going to my brother's home for Thanksgiving. They always have a huge number of people.  Not my cup of tea,but I love my brother so  we'll go. 

Happy Thanksgiving everyone

Trees are the lungs of the Earth