Respected Contributor

Re: Welcome to the May Exercise Thread

[ Edited ]

Laura, I hope today is a better day for you.  Hang in there.

Bopper, I hope your day is less hectic.  I'm sorry you're having trouble finding a dress.  

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 - I am so sorry that you had such a bad day yesterday.  That kind of stress is so hard to come down from.  I'm glad you made it to your class today and hope it helped.

So what is the saying about good intentions?  I had good intentions to get up this morning and work out, however, it would have helped if I'd set my alarm!  Woke up too late to work out but at least made it out the door to work on time.  We'll see what the day brings and if I have the energy to do anything tonight when I get home.

@Laura14 - I hope today is a better day for you.  Everyone else have a good day and hope you get a work out in! 

Respected Contributor

Hey all, it's beautiful day here today.  Temp is 66 and sunny and no wind for once.  Did a nice long bike ride along the lake and got some great pictures...So nice to finally get on the bike and not be cold.

Will walk Logan on the trail after I finish watching Y&R.   Then at 4:30 going to an art reception at my hubbies store.  We are having montly window gallery photos featuring local photographers and artists.  Tonight happens to be a "Relative" showing featuring me, my sis and my granddaughter........Name:  It's all Relative  Smiley Happy

I hope your having a better day Laura, and going to your class I hope relieved some of your stress.  I admire you for getting up so early to go!

Judy your intentions count and so you missed getting up, it's OK, you can do it tomorow.

Nomless are you going to the gym after work?   I need to get on the TG again, just haven't been in the basement because it's so cold down there.  I'm loving being outside.  Wish it wasn't so heavy or I'd haul it out to the deck but can't do that because if it rained I"d be dragging it in and it's way cumbersome to do that.

Any hoooooooooo  you all have a great day!

Honored Contributor

Good Evening!

@bopper - I received the Laura Geller foundation today, tried it and like it!  I tried it dry and wet.  I think I'll like it either way, however, the wet will take some learning on how much water to use - first time I used too much and it looked awful but the second time was better.  I put it on using both the brush and the sponge thingie that came with it.  Think I'll use the brush.  This weekend I may get a small spray bottle and just spritz the brush if I want to use it wet.  I ordered the light because I am a light/medium in foundations.  Usually I have to buy one light and one medium and mix them but Laura said if you're a light/medium to go with the light so I did.  It's really close and the coverage is medium.  It didn't completely cover everything but evened out my skin tone, made things less noticeable like sun spots, covered redness well, and looked nice.  A lot of powder foundations don't look good on my almost 62 year old skin but this looked nice.  I may at some point try the medium shade just to see what its like as it may just give me a little bit more color and coverage.  Sorry for such a long review but wanted to let you know what I thought.

Today was an awful day at work and I left with my back reacting to the stress and a headache.  So, tonight got in my jammies, played with my new makeup, and now I'm going to relax.

Talk to  you all tomorrow!  At least it'll be Friday!

Respected Contributor

Hey hey, sunny here and 75!  Sure can change fast here.  I went to my GD's softball game, and when I got there they were in the 3rd inning, so my son told me the wrong time and I was't happy!

My house is nice and cool as I left everything closed up ....feels good in here.   Hubby is working.  Think I"ll do some bodygym and then not sure.  I must watch the Preakness at 5....Love the beautiful horses.

Judy thank you on the review of the makeup, I'm always looking for a great foundation. I have yellow tones to my skin but would be a medium I think...I like the tan actually in the bye bye undereye and I have to use such a small amount it lasts forever.  I apply that with a brush also.

Sorry your day was so stressful at work, but getting in jammies and playing with makeup is a good chiller!   Along with a little 'vino'  tee heeeeeeeee

Hoping everyone has a great Saturday!

Respected Contributor

Hi, everyone. Yikes, having a problem with the boards today....I can't type in the normal reply box, only in the quick reply box. I've been MIA because I haven't done anything. Arm is still sore from the vaccine, but getting better.

Judy, how fun to find a new foundation you like.

Bopper, enjoy your nice day.

Laura, enjoy your weekend away from work. Relax!

Because I have only this teeny box to type in, will keep this short.

Hey, Lucy, are you still around? How are things going there? Sellers in by now?
Honored Contributor

Hi Everyone!  Beautiful day here in The Bay!

I am so frustrated.  Think life may be telling me to take it slow or something.  My back/hip started acting up again and today, Saturday, is the first day I have been relatively pain free for the last few days.  Whatever I did to it last February seems to come back to haunt me every few week and it's maddening!  I am not a good patient nor am I a patient person!  LOL  Will rest this weekend and try and do something on Monday.  Its frustrating because for the first time in my life I actually want to exercise and keep it up and my back/hip keep getting in the way!

The doctor says it's a muscle that runs from my hip down into my quad and it gets very tight and pulls, for lack of a better word, and can make your hip and back hurt and go into spasms.  Let me tell you, it's painful as all get out!    Sitting a lot - which I do at work - can make the muscle tighten up so I'm trying at work to get up and move around more and do more quad stretches but that depends on how much I'm hurting.

Hope everyone has a good weekend and are able to get some workouts in.  For now, I'll cheer you on from the sidelines!

Respected Contributor

Bopper, how did the art reception go? Hope it was a success. How were the zucchini noodles?

Judy, ouch! Feel better.
Respected Contributor

Hi to all this Sunday evening, it was a beautiful day here, and we did some yard work and went to camp.   The bugs however were bad, even by the dock where I did stick my tooties in.  I thought the water wasn't bad considering it had ice on it a month ago still..

Judy so sorry you are on the sidelines, you do what  you have to in order to feel better.

Nomless your arm too, I hope this week is better!  One day at a time!

Pilates, and  Laura, hi and waving..........hope you both had good weekends!

Monday again already, where does the time go.  Holiday weekend next weekend!

Respected Contributor

Good Monday Morning all,  I just did 30 day Shred Level 1, starting it again to see if I can see any changes.  Had to modify some for my knees and  could feel knots forming in my upper back but I didn't quit, just took 5 sec. breaks and then continued.  Now going walking.

Yesterday I didn't post, we went to camp and no internet there.  It was so peaceful and the water was sparkling.   A good kind of "bling"....there were bugs though but hey can't have everything hey.

We are actually under a red flag warning it's so dry here.  I know many are swimming in rain and we are the opposite, it's so dry.

Lets hope we all have a good week and continue on our exercise journies!