Honored Contributor

Re: Welcome to the May Exercise Thread

Good morning everyone!  Did the morning routine and a balance routine on the new yoga DVD.  Liked it as it wasn't too much for 5:00am!  I am NOT a morning person so some mornings I just want easy and slow.  LOL   Feel like I did ok and the balance, for me, was good as it showed me that I really need to work on that.

Hope everyone has a good day today!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!  It's gonna be hot here today.  I should have worn shorts.

My mom finally talked to the surgeon and has elected to do a mastectomy.  The mass is over 4cm, so it is quite large and the surgeon told her that if she did a lumpectomy, she would lose a lot of her breast anyway.  So mastectomy and reconstruction.  Her surgery is June 12.  I don't know if they do the reconstruction then or not. It seems that it would be better to do it all at once, but on the other hand, maybe they have to allow all that to heal before they reconstruct.  She meets with the oncologist today and still needs to talk to the plastic surgeon.  She will tell my sister tonight.  I told her my sister will be mad as all get out because she told me first and my mom said "I'm not telling her I told you first".  So when my sister gets all upset and texts me, I'll have to act surprised.

Did restorative yesterday and it felt great.  Today is Zumba.  Or not.  You never know these days.

This weekend, I'm headed to my home town.  The dad of one of the girls I grew up with passed away in March and his memorial gathering is Saturday.  Our parents actually knew each other before we were all born, so I literally have known her and her sister my entire life.  We plan on taking a group picture for our moms.  I wish I had an old picture so that we could recreate it.  LOL

Hope you all have a great day.  I already can't wait to get home to put on stretchy shorts.  My pants, although they fit, seem super tight today!

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli  I am hugging my monitor so it gets through to you.  Heart  I will keep your mom and your family in my prayers although it sounds like she and her doctors have it under control with a plan which is wonderful.  Love her attitude too!  

I saw a Dr. Oz episode back in the day and I want to say they usually do it at the same time but then I remember there was a new procedure at the time where they left it for some reason and then went back to it and got a much better result.  It was way too long ago for me to remember correctly and I am sure everything has been updated since.

I would say enjoy your trip although it's for a sad reason but I am sure it will be nice to be among old friends.  Thinking of you....Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli  Thank you for letting us know about your mom.  Sounds like she and her doctors have a good plan.  I know it'll be a stressful time for everyone.  Will keep you, your sister, and your mom in my prayers.  Take care of yourself also.

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli. Your mom is plowing ahead and it sounds like she has a great team!  Usually do reconstruction after a bit to make sure all the C is gone.....

Cool drizzly morning and I did a 33 min trail run.

Have a great Thursday everyone!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello, another warm and humid day here, humidity was 95% earlier today...I did my second workout on my Simply Fit board incorporating my Bodyblade, this little thing that you "think" only twists is quite the piece of equipment when Rosalie shows you everything you can actually do on it, my HR was up the whole workout.  Then did 2 miles outside and after lunch a dog walk so I've been quite active.

DrKelli praying for you mom and family, she seems to keep her cool very well, I'm not so sure I would.  I have a friend going through this now.  Don't worry about your sister, thats' small potatos at this point, but act surprised so as to not stir the pot.  

Thank you Judy, I"ll look on Amazon, some days you just need a quiet activity!

Had to make another strawberry/rhubarb crisp while rhubarb is in season.  Last day of May wow, going to fast.  And then my funny dad says "soon the days will start getting shorter again," when the 4th of July comes, it's almost Fall!   Dad............  NOT!

Enjoy your day everyone!

Honored Contributor

@bopper  your dad's remark cracked me up.  I've never understood Fall/Winter clothes in July, Christmas in July, Halloween stuff out in August, all of that drives me crazy.  When it is still blazing hot/humid out and you start seeing sweaters, jackets, boots, etc. Really?!  We're still BBQing, and wearing sandals!  Sometimes I want to scream "can we just enjoy the here and now and let the rest wait?!"  Unfortunately, time passes so quickly that it feels like its just around the corner!