Honored Contributor

Re: Welcome to the May Exercise Thread

Ended up doing 40 minutes of yoga instead of walking.  Figured that would be easier on my foot.  I'm already feeling it in my arms.  LOL  After yoga I always feel like "well that wasn't much of a workout" and then a few hours later, I'm thinking "oh my, maybe it was more than I thought!"  LOL   Think I will do the yoga this week instead of the walking DVDs.  So glad I found something I can do while my foot is healing!

Will report back when I get the new DVDs on Wednesday.

@bopper living in CA all my life, I'm not sure I could deal with humidity.  I remember the one time I was in a very humid environment, I felt like I was breathing through a cocktail straw.  Took me a couple days to get used to it - I was much younger then tho.  HAHA

The memories you are making with your father are precious indeed.  My dad has been gone since 2012 and while I was recuperating from my surgery and my sister was here, we had some really good laughs over some of our memories of both our parents.  As hard as it is sometimes to deal with an elderly parent - my father was Irish and stubborn as they come - continue to enjoy him while he is here.

Honored Contributor

Good morning everyone.  Had a great weekend trip and come back to muggy, high temperatures.  Thank goodness for AC.  @bopper,  usually it’s the wife that doesn’t want it cool in the house, lol.

I hope everyone enjoyed this holiday and took a little time to remember our fallen soldiers especially the boys that signed up and didn’t return home.  At the graduation we attended this weekend, there was a young soldier there who looked like he just graduated last year.  As my husband shook his hand and talked to him, I couldn’t help wondering (with watery eyes) if he would make it.  

I over did it in the food department so I made sure that I went to my fitness center yesterday.  It’s gonna take a couple of days to work it off though.  I’ve had ice cream three days straight and ice cream and my scale love each other.  I enjoyed it, I accept that I ate it, now back to reality with no regret.  

Today’s agenda is Body & Sculpt, Flexibility and then Zumba.  Have a great day.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Judy, I'm interested in feedback about the new dvds, too. I have not heard of that trainer. Let us know. I hope you foot starts feeling better.

Boppper, yay that you spent time with your dad. Lots of good wishes for him.

Hi to everyone. I hope you enjoyed the holiday.  Have a good week.

Respected Contributor

Good morning, all. We had a pretty nasty thunderstorm move through last night about 6 pm--had some hail, but it didn't damage anything at my house.  Unfortunately, this is the time of year we get those storms.  I think the fact that it was pretty cool yesterday probably helped.

I need to get back to the gym.  I was lazy all last week because my regular teacher was out, so i skipped 2 of the 3 classes he would have taught.  Need to be a better person this week.

I'm in my last week of this current Phoenix class and I have one scheduled to start next week, but won't know until Friday if it will actually happen.  When I started 8 years ago, I had one class right after another.  Now, I get one to three a year.  When the economy is bad, the classes are more frequent.

Today is small group and it will probably be painful since I last worked out on Thursday and that was Zumba.

Hope you all have a great day!

Honored Contributor

I skipped the gym this morning.  They closed yesterday and were going to re-open at 5am right when class starts and I just didn't want to get into battling for my normal space again.  Plus the teachers are off so I knew it was a sub and the tropical storm is currently running us over so no thank you from me.

I got up and did my own hour routine with 30 minutes on my bike and then an upper arm routine with my Body Gym after that.  I think I did more of a workout this morning than I would have gotten in the gym and no aggravation.  I'm going to do more of that.  I really needed to change up my routine anyway.

I totally detoxed and hydrated myself this weekend also.  I always know I don't drink enough water but it was painfully obvious last week that I really needed to step it up.  I drank about 120 ozs of lemon water with aloe on Saturday and now I drink 40 ozs of it before breakfast and then just normal drinking throughout the day which I made sure to do.  After 3 days, I'm doing much better on the hydration front.

@JudyL  I would love to find a good yoga program.  Please let me know if you like the DVDs.  I might be their next customer.

Hope everyone had a great holiday weekend.  Enjoy your week!

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 - congrats on the hydration!  I have such a hard time drinking enough water.  I know I'm dehydrated all the time.  Just can't seem to get enough fluids down me.  Will definitely let you and @nomless know how I like the new DVDs.  So excited, I get them today already!  Amazon sent me an shipping email last night saying they 'd arrive today.  Wasn't expecting them until tomorrow.  Gotta love Amazon shipping.  I really enjoy the upper body workout on the Body Gym - its a better work out than you'd expect!

Yesterday was really warm for us, today is too but a bit cooler than yesterday.  Here in the City by the Bay, we are not used to warm weather and I wilt pretty fast.  LOL

Have a good day everyone!

Respected Contributor

Hey everyone, it started off cool and now it's getting rather hot.   I have shorts on and I hate wearing shorts, feel self conscious but it is what it is, and it is hot and I"m wearing shorts...  My GD has a softball game tonight so going to that,.

Judy what yoga dvd's do you do, I haven't found any I can stick with, and I feel like you, like it wasn't much of a calorie burner and fitbit doesnt' give me any active minutes because my HR isn't high enough to count as a workout.  Glad Amazon is delivering the new dvd's today.   I'm a good water drinker, ;probably 64 oz a day.   I was doing the lemon and my dentist said it wrecks the enamel on yoru teeth so I quit that.  It's always something!

Now I'm looking at thie TSV styling iron.   Want to try the beachy waves, and yes I have a Chi iron which is good and I youtubed how to do it and tried it but maybe my hair just isn't long enough and I had too much styling products in it already and I did n't get the result I wanted.  Then I looked at the Calista Cliq and thought maybe that one but 99$ is a bit high for my budget...I'm trying to grow my hair out but my layers are only about 4 inches at best.

I walked for an hour this morning at 8 am before it got too hot out and then did a dog walk, so over 12,000 steps so far today.

I started our June thread because I was afraid I'd forget...hahah  

Have a nice rest of the day!

Honored Contributor

Happy Tuesday everyone!

I did an early run this am......ugh.  Right off the bat......I am jogging down the sidewalk.  2 women are walking toward me I can see them from a block away.  I get up to them and when I'm about to pass, the woman closest to me is looking to her left and we ram shoulders.....come on!  Clueless.

Trail was busy, but no ramming!  32 min done!

@bopper you would hate me......I have natural beachy waves to spiral curl.  I got my hair done today.  The stylist straightened it and it feels so weird......I'll take a pic from the back......it looks so cool.  Haven't had straight hair in years!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

P_20180529_135512.jpg

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Your hair is beautiful, @MickD.  Looks like a fresh cut, too.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)