Honored Contributor

Re: Welcome to the March Exercise Thread

Good morning, everyone.  Yesterday got windier as the day went on.  People downtown had to hold on to even the glasses on their faces by the time they got off work.  Thank God for retirement and the ability to choose when I go out.  

Might not be happy about retirement if this healthcare goes through penalizing me for being a senior goes through the roof, though.  So far it looks like I'll be in that income group that will be hurt the most.  Senior with pre existing conditions....not a good place to be.  I'm a worry wort, I know.  I need to do some calming exercises, lol.

I'm not sure if I'll go out to workout or do one of my tapes.  Have a great day everyone.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Foxxie, don't worry about the health insurance bill yet.....it will go through lots of changes, I think, and in the end it could be very different from what it appears to be now. 

I had to give up on contacts, too, because using readers was too much of a hassle. I hate wearing glasses and sure miss my contacts.

Bopper, too bad about your friend needing a skin graft now, but yay that they got rid of all the bad stuff. Sorry you were without power for awhile.

Yesterday I watched a lot of craft day on HSN. I don't do crafts,  but I enjoy watching. It's all related to card making, though. I wish they would do other crafts, too....painting, jewelry, etc. Long ago, Q used to have good craft days. Miss that. 

Yay that all off you are getting in your workouts. Soon, I will start again on my days off, I promise, lol. 😊

Respected Contributor

Hey all, It's sunny here yay........... about 30 and then the bottom drops out.  Said it will be dangerously cold here, minus 0 at night and about 10 during the day and windy.  Oh yippie Ki Yay  Smiley Tongue

Did my reformer this morning, a my cleaning.  Babysitting my GD at 1 and have her until about 6, there isn't doing much when she's here.  I seriously need a playpen or something, I can't even talk Logan out to potty without bundling her up and taking her with me..Makes it kind of hard.   I don't have a crib either so it's hard for me to find a place to lay her when she falls asleep in my arms as she will fall of everything.  That little girl is a light sleeper too, she will be sound asleep in my arms in the chair and I get up to lay her down on the floor on a blanket and boom eyes shoot open and she's wide awake..... Oh well I guess.

Nomless I didn't watch HSN yesterday but I craft occassionally, I always think I"m not good at it though.  

Foxxie I agree with nomless, cross that bridge when we get there.  Lots of scary stuff now.

Laura hi, waving, cater, Judy, Sanfran girl, Lucy ( where are you all)  

Okie better get some lunch,,have a great day!

Respected Contributor

Foxxie, Speaker Paul Ryan is doing a lengthy press conference about the plan for the hearth insurance bill....what the goals are, why it's being done in pieces, etc. Lots of info. If you're not watching now, it will probably be posted online later.

Honored Contributor

Guess who's back?  Winter, lol.  Nothing extreme but it's going to be chilly today...around 29.  Possibly snow by Monday.  Can we handle it?   Of course but we've  been so spoiled this year.  The northeast is who I feel sorry for.

I exercised at home yesterday so I definitely have to get out today. I love being at home but I don't feel like I've done 'real' exercising at home.  I doubt my body knows the difference, right.  Movement is movement.

There's a lot still on my mind but not for QVC sharing.  Enjoy your day, folks.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Morning Happy Friday!   We're at 9 this morning, the high for the day!!!!   Lows of minus 0, so 29 sounds mighty warm here foxxie!!

Snowing hard too, just closed down highway along the lake as no visibility.

Going to do treadmill intervals and Reformer today.  My gf bought the Bodyblade and she loves it.  She's rather surprised at how much of a workout it gave her, and she already can tell a difference in her arms.  Just wanted to mention it.  

Not much going on here, they are saying stay off the roads.   This weekend is the time change isn't it, Spring forward. 

Have a great day!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bopper, lol, yeah, compared to some it is balmy.  Are you over east?  I know it's terrible in that direction.

Respected Contributor

Hugs and good wishes for you, Foxxie, for the things that are on your mind and weighing you down.

Morning, Bopper, you posted early today.

Winter is back here, too. High temp will be low 30's today and snow tomorrow. I hope to get in a grocery run tomorrow, but maybe not. Hallmark channel has a Monk marathon tomorrow,  I plan on watching. I never watched the show when it was on, but have caught a few episodes on reruns. Kind of fun. The Monk books, written by one of the show's writers, are good.....even better than the show, IMO.

Honored Contributor

TGIF!!!!!! I did 2.5 mi/33 min on the treadmill.

Went to the eye doctor yesterday to follow up on my new contacts.  My distance vision needs to be decreased a little so I am not so blind in my near sight....so he ordered another pair of contacts.  I need to wear my readers for everything and they are not strong enough now for me to even read.  He said not to.change readers yet until I get the other contacts and wear them a while......I am typing at arm's length....what a mess!  You all should see me out shopping.....double mess! Sunglasses and readers.... Hahaha!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

Thanks for the good thoughts @bopper.

@MickD, it sounds like you'll be able to have good vision soon.  I gave up on contacts although I loved them.  My ophthalmologist didn't like me wearing them.  Somehow, my eyes have better vision since I've gotten older and I don't need glasses or contacts anymore except for readers.  Besides glaucoma, I have something called Fuch's Corneal Dystrophy.  Sounds like a bad word, lol.  Oh and minor cataracts.  Bad for night driving but I don't do much of that.

HSN had a 6 or 8 piece set of readers as a Special Value a few weeks ago.  I ordered them but the strength wasn't right and had to be sent back.  I have some old sets....a pair in almost every room and my purse.  Those things are life savers.