Honored Contributor

Re: Welcome to the January Exercise Thread

Pound and Power this morning.  I'm very tired today so I am glad to be done with it and have Wednesday as my normal day off. 

Stay warm everyone and continued prayers to @Iluvlucy.  Heart

Respected Contributor

Hi, all.  Snow day yesterday.  I was supposed to work but decided not to go in.  Boss was OK with that, BTW.  I'm glad I stayed home, as the streets were very bad.  A major thoroughfare had to be closed because there's a slight hill and cars couldn't make it.  At another major location, it was taking an hour to drive 2 miles.  Lots of accidents, including a 4-car pile- up on the route I would have taken.  The city has gotten lots of criticism for poor response.  As one tweeter pointed out, the city has annexed several areas and now may not have sufficient snow removal equipment. We got only 3" of snow. It certainly seems that they should have done better.  I'm glad I stayed out of it.

So, today, off to work.  I'll try to make up some of the time I missed yesterday.  Not much else going on here.  

Respected Contributor

Happy Wednesday!   Beautiful blue skies here for a good change!   Went for a trial walk with Logan...the snow against the pines and the blue sky is so pretty!

We're not in the path of that storm this time thank goodness.  They said quiet here for a few days!  Hooray!

Took my dad to dinner last night with my son and my granddaughter.  Just a pizza place and he had a good time.  He's 88 and he still gets around fairly well.  Very blessed to still have him.

DH has a downtown meeting tonight so I'm on my own for dinner.  Not sure what I feel like.  Had soup for lunch and I must say it filled me up.

Have a great day everyone!

Respected Contributor

Morning, we are warming up.  In the lower 20's so not bad and light snow.  We are not getting the storm the East is getting though.

Just did 15 miles on the Xbike and then used the Bodygym...going to take Logan to the trail after lunch.

Not much going on here except the usual and I see I'm following myself so won't go on and on ...hahha

Be Well, Be Blessed and Be Thankful

Honored Contributor

Did my normal Ride and Power this morning.  They can't decide if we're going to get the tail end of the big storm here or not.  For those of you who are definitely in the path, please stay safe and warm and jumping jacks count if your power goes out.  Smiley Happy  

Respected Contributor

Hi, everyone.  I'm sure thinking of all those in the path of the storm.  Patty, Tony, Cater I think, and there are probably others.  I hope you have the supplies you need, and I hope you don't lose power.  Check in with us when you can and let us know how things are going.

It's cold and cloudy here.  I'm tired after trying to learn all I can about the new job.  My trainer's last day is tomorrow.  Next week I hope I have time to straighten out documentation and my notes.  I have notes everywhere, it's a mess.  I'm happy the weekend is only a day away.

I got home early enough for today so that I could have gone over to the workout room for some cardio, but I was too cold to go out again.  I have such a hard time doing workouts in the winter when it's cold and dark.  I know that shouldn't be an excuse......

Respected Contributor

nomless, well at least they have someone who is trying to help you so that is a good thing. Try to relax you will get the hang of this job. They are saying that we will not be getting to much snow. We are just on the line of were the snow is supposed to fall. But we will have to wait and see. We have enough stuff in this home that we could survive for quite a few days hope fully. I will let you know tomorrow night if the weather man was correct.

Valued Contributor

Hope you can relax this weekend nomless.  Dh did a turn-over in DC on Wed...on top of everythig else, he has to completely learn another new job too.  Everyone seemed really nice so his first impression was a good one. 

cater and laura, we're right on the cuff too, but in the rain and ick zone...lol.  They're saying to the south of us could get an inch of ice...that will be a nightmare with the power lines.  Kids are kind of on the cusp too, hard to tell with them as they're really out in the hills now, not quite "mountains", but they're out there. 

DS is having some tummy issues....ugh.  Praying it's the antiobiotics from the infected vein and he can hold it off.

Meeting my gf this morning...killing two birds with one stone...therapy and exercise. 

Thinking of and praying for the homeless, elderly, and animals in this storm.  Stay safe everyone, looks like the wind is going to be a nightmare on top of such heavy snow.  Where we'll be moving to, as well as where we moved from, are in the 2 feet zone...and here we are not supposed to get any. 

Honored Contributor

Hoping to make my Pound class tonight but that's when the "ick" stuff as Patty said is supposed to maybe come our way here.  Can I please have the two feet of snow instead?  That I can get around in.  Ice, I don't have a zamboni to drive yet.

Everyone who is getting the brunt of the storm, I echo staying safe and warm and dry.  I'll be thinking about all of you.     Heart

Respected Contributor

Morning, It's very dark here still, need lights.  We are not getting the snow storm for once!  Although we have our fair share during the winters, we're just used to it...For those in the path, honker down and please don't drive unless it's an emergency!

I'm making Vegetable soup right now in the Crock Pot....Hope DH likes it..Sometimes he's not into soup.   He thinks its not much of a meal as he's hungry an hour later hahaha...Maybe I;ll make some bread to go with it.

I love seeing the variety of workouts everyone does.   Inspiring everyone to keep moving!

Will do the bike and the Bodygym in a little while after I clean up the kitchen...

Enjoy the day and stay safe and warm!