Respected Contributor

Re: Welcome to the January Exercise Thread

Morning everyone from the frozen tundra! I mean it's so cold...-35 windchill and the temp reads 3 here...Logan even lifted his paws when I took him out so he can't be outside today.

I did a workout from Netflix and it was terrible....ancient and everyone was off beat so I ended up doing my own thing which was fine and I broke a good sweat.

Pppmint hope you are not too sore after todays class..get the bath ready hahaha

Maggie chicken with raspberries sounds great. My favorite berry is raspberries. I have blueberries and strawberries in my freezer.. Glad you are comfortble here, that's what we are all about..Kindness and encouragement.

Nomless yes my disgear is so much more convenient, and got rid of all the covers from the dvd's. I'll end up getting another one, I'm sure for my music CD's.

FUTURE so your sore are ya {#emotions_dlg.laugh}maybe the epson salt bath is in order for you too. Cold everywhere and I mean everywhere!

Making some tuna for my lunch....have a great day everyone!

Respected Contributor

Hi, all, I hope everyone is staying warm. Here, it's sunny, so the temp of 6* doesn't seem too bad.

My Power90 has shipped...yea! Til then, I'll keep doing Katami or maybe 21DF.

No new here. I'm finding it difficult to be back at work. My head's not into it yet. Oh, well.

Regular Contributor

Ouchy PppMintPatty, you overdidit for sure. Did the ebsom salts do any good. Picture this......CHLOE, is literally crippled by the 6* outside so I put her red coat on her and carried her out put her down to peepee and immediately picked her up to bring her in..... That's how bad it is here, the wind has been horrible and I'm sure it's been worse elsewhere but it came sudden as it has for everyone. Looks like a lot of cancelations again tomorrow. I warmed my car up twice today. I just came in after running it for an hour. It sits outside. I've only had it a couple of months, my last car caught on fire, believe it or not ... So I'm still getting to know this one. Keep warm everybody ??
Valued Contributor

Hi everyone!

Yes, maggie, I think everyone has had this crazy wind. I can deal with a lot as far as temps go but I've never been a fan of high winds...not enjoyable. I'm sure Chloe would agree!

I think those epsom salts really work! DH used them last night too and said the same thing...he had brutal work-outs Mon and Tues and was super sore as well.

Yesterday was tough...not gonna lie. There was one point where I didn't feel well...and when the timer went off, my gf and I just walked circles trying to catch our breath and get our heart rates down...no talking. We were joking and laughing earlier so I said, "It's not all fun and games now, is it?!"

I don't have any idea how many power cleans we did, I know it was a lot...and I'm feeling them. My traps are very sore...and my abs(can't remember name of that exercise...touching your toes to the bar)...and my arms are becoming more sore as the day goes on. So...I think another soak is in order...lol.

nomless...can't wait to hear how you like your new work-out dvd's!

bopper...laying out in your bikini today? {#emotions_dlg.laugh} I saw a dog on the news lifting it's paws and they kept walking it...ticked me off!

Waving to everyone!!!

Valued Contributor

Oh! I forgot...DH ordered me a new NordicTrac treadmill...a really nice one with the TV and everything on it.

He sent them an email saying "we haven't heard anything, where is it??" They sent one back saying it was back-ordered but is being sent out today so they're throwing in the nice floor mat with it.{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Respected Contributor

Hey everyone,

Pppmint you crack me up! I have been known to sit in my lawn chair on top of a snow bank...anything to get closer to the sun! Glad your epson salt bath helped. I'm picking some up next week. So excited for you to get your new treadmill!

Maggie I bet your little Chloe looks adorable in her red coat. My Logan has a thick coat of his own so his body doesn't get cold but he has been lifting his feet.

Nomless BL makeover night is tonight..I love the makeovers. Glad your DVD's shipped too.

FUTURE is pilates in order tonight?

Snowing lightly here right now but south of me it's supposed to be bad again.

Boy getting dark already....I'm really over all this darkness!

Have a good night everyone!

Respected Contributor

Bopper, I won't get to see BL tonight because my cable co. is disputing the new fee charged by that channel and has dropped it. I hope I can catch up via On Demand. Can always watch on the computer if necessary. Oh, BTW, I have noticed that the days are getting longer. Yesterday it was still a bit light as I was driving home. We've turned the corner even thought it hasn't made much difference yet.

Patty, congrats on a spiffy new treadmill. I know you prefer being out, but there will be days you'll be glad to have the treadmill. Awesome! I hope you're not hurting as much today.

Hi Future and Tony, I hope your week is going well. Hi, Maggie--give Chloe a hug! A lot of us have furkids....I have 2 cats.

I'll do Katami again tonight. My new Tony's are scheduled to arrive on Saturday. I'm excited....it will be like seeing and old friend again.

It's a bit warmer here today, but it doesn't feel warmer. The sun was shining for a bit, and now it's cloudy again. I think it's supposed to be colder again tomorrow (around 0*?), but no snow, so I'm happy. I can stand the cold, as long as there's no snow and ice with it.

I ordered a couple of rings from Q, and I think I'm going to have to return them because they don't fit....one is a bit too big, one is a bit too small (a Ripka ring, Patty, I know you like her things). I like the rings, but they're just not comfortable. One has a very thin band (which is why my normal size is too big) and the other has a thicker band (so my normal size is too small). Dang! Oh, well. I'll find other things I like, no doubt! I've avoided gem day....there are probably a lot of things I'd like!!

Respected Contributor

Ok, I am definitely going to have to get some Epsom salts!! Crazy week. I just got home after a FULL day of work and bible study. Goodness, I love those women. Makes it worth it after a long day. Anywhoodle, I didn't work out yesterday or today. Yesterday I had a meeting after work, so I've gotten home late both nights. Tmrw is dogs to vet early, work, manicure after work (my nails look hideous!!!), and then probably froyo for dinner with hubby. We are going out with a couple on Saturday, so we are taking it easy tmrw. You guys, it is so stinking cold here. The wind is blowing like crazy, and it just makes my eyes tear up if I'm out there for more than a minute. I'm hoping it'll warm up soon!!!
Valued Contributor

Happy Friday! I'm still sore...I mean my abs are so sore, there is no way I could work them out again, they feel like they're torn. I got a text from my gf this morning saying she had trouble getting out of bed and there is no way she can do that today. But we have bible study this morning anyway and it's right in the middle of both time slots so can't go. Might go tomorrow morning and I'll just work-out here today.

Wind is howling again...ugh. I ran some yesterday but walked a lot and I was fine with that...and did the Epsom soak again. We almost broke a record for coldest temp here for that day but missed it by 1*. Snow was so bad back home, they were closing roads...some were drifted over so bad, you couldn't get through and people didn't know until they got there and had to turn around.

We're going out with another couple tomorrow night too FUTURE.

nomless...I like doing speed-work on a treadmill, easier to track. I haven't had one since we gave ours away a few years ago when we moved. Sorry your rings don't fit! I think my Ripka days are over...those prices are out of control imo. Between her and Michael Dawkins, I have enough to last me a lifetime anyway.{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

bopper...my gf and I did that a few times. Had our coffee out in the snow, facing the sun.

Waving to everyone...check-in when you can! I love reading all the drive-by's, even if you haven't worked out we love to hear from ya...cater, Tony, et al. Wink

Regular Contributor

glad the ebsom salts worked"" for you PppMintpatty. What a a thoughtful husband, to get you fabulous treadmill. Nomless, too bad you gave yous away. Maybe someday you'll get another one. FUTURE, I got exhausted just hearing what a long day you had, whew how do you it. But it sure sounds like you enjoy it and that's what counts. Good for you. Bopper, what channel did they drop? CHLOE thanks everyone for the love Smiley Happy. By the way we're frezzzzing over here and I don't care what the degrees are or if the sun shines. I'm cold. Brrrrrrrr Later all...... Keep in touch Everebody Smiley Happy)