Regular Contributor

Re: Welcome to the January Exercise Thread

Hi Everybody! Happy New Year!! Seems like you are all doing well- tho thinking of your son, patty. All is fine with me. We are supposed to get snow tomorrow- the ground is bare and Christmas was close to 50! not the Massachusetts weather that I am used to- and, yes, bopper, you may keep your cold and snow!
Valued Contributor

Happy Saturday! Rain all weekend here...we're in the 40's now then tomorrow is supposed to be 75*! But it will be raining all day...then we'll go from 75* to 19* by Wednesday...ugh...hate the up and down, terrible for sickness and allergies.

Hi Tony!! So nice to see you...and thank-you. Yes, my gf moved up there and she said it's been a very mild winter for them which is not the norm.

My gf and I did over 10 miles yesterday!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} She wants to start meeting one night a week at Mt. Trashmore so that's what we're planning on. She's a GOTR(Girl's On The Run) coach which is a wonderful program if you're not familiar with it.

Today is a gym day thanks to the rain. {#emotions_dlg.glare}

Respected Contributor

Hi all. Back to work on Monday....trying to get psyched for it. I saw an infomercial for a new program by Tony. P90. Shorter, more basic workouts than X but a step up from the old Power 90 which is where I started. 10 workouts.IIRC. I love Tony, so I'll probably get this one. Too bad Q dropped him. He wasn't on at all in 2014.
Regular Contributor

I just ordered Peggy Cappys EASY YOGA:THE-SECRET TO STRENTH AND BALANCE WITH PEGGY CAPPY. I'm 64 and it's never too late. I've practiced yoga throughout the years on and off. But I have to start doing it regularly. Or I'm going to end up helpless like my mother with weak legs. I already have and live with debilitating back pain and fibromyalgia arthritis bursitis so on and so forth. It's a lot. Plus Im on oxygen. I was a lap swimmer until 7 years ago and I walked a mile a day before I opened my BUISNESS and oh, I swam a mile and a half a a time. I used weights and stretch bands until I got sick, now I'm a ...MESS, laying around in pain. I gotta do yoga with Peggy, she's GREAT. I love her on PBS. I bought her DVDs on Amazon. I'm excited:0) so even a sick gal who previously excercised all my life is not giving up, I really am looking forward to this. I'm soooo excited. Good luck girlsSmiley Happy)
Respected Contributor

Hi, Maggie, thanks for stopping in and sharing your story. Your attitude is great. It's awesome that you've found a yoga trainer you like and have a dvd on the way. Maybe you've noticed that we who post here are all shapes, sizes, ages, and fitness levels, but no matter where we're at, our goal is simply to be better. It's a great group, we inspire each other to keep going. Please keep us posted in how you're doing. I wish you a terrific 2015 !
Respected Contributor

Hi, all! Welcome, Maggie! Love that spirit, girl!! Today I did spin. My goodness, it was rough for some reason, but I made it through! Came home and made a huge skillet of onion, red bell pepper, egg whites, and a little cheese. Plus a piece of whole grain toast with PB. I was starving! I have company coming in a bit, so I need to get fixed up and finish getting the house in order. I hope you all have a nice weekend. It's rainy and cold here, but I don't mind it!!
Respected Contributor

Hi everyone, Happy New Year to you all.

Nice to mee out new friends and please keep coming back. It's nice to see what other people are doing..

Maggie thank you for sharing your story with us. I too need to do more yoga, I'm very tight. I am not that far away from your age bracket and the key is always to keep moving. Your on the right track for sure.

We are on a weather advisory for tonight into tomorrow for gale winds and 8 inches of snow, then 0 for highs the rest of this coming week so Winter is so here.............. {#emotions_dlg.bored}good thing I am a snow shoe lover as I go out my door and get to the woods and enjoy the beauty.

I got a disc gear finally that holds 80 dvd's so I organized my dvd's in there and I can not toss the "jackets"....I kind of got attached to those jackets though as I do enjoy reading the backs but its too much clutter...I have over 50 in there but there is room for more. I actually have a pile I'm giving to my girl friend that I never do and why fill up the disc gear with ones I won't use.

We had a Surprise BD party last night for my hubby. My sons organized the whole thing and we had about 50 people show up. He was totally surprised and my Granddaughter had to play the actress to get gramps to the place we were holding it in. It was very nice and he enjoyed himself visiting with old and new friends.

I have most of my decorations down, a few things are up but they aren't in the way or anything so I enjoy my lights in the window.

Watching the NFL play off games now..and snuggling with Logan ( for those that don't know him) he's my beautiful Sheltie..

Have a great rest of your day!

Respected Contributor

Hey all, I"m following myself so won't repeat.....woke up to a snow storm. Was going to go to lunch with my sister and BIL for my hubbies BD but that isn't happening. We can't even get out of the driveway and our subdivision hasn't been plowed. People are plowing through it though...but it's not nice out!

Watching the NFL play off games...GO LIONS! ( yes I know they have had some dirty moves) ruins the whole teams reputation and I don't like it.

Enjoy your Sunday Funday!

Respected Contributor

Morning, are you guys playing a joke on me! Wink This is the 3rd time I'm following myself

{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} Checking in with 3 miles on the treadmill and some free weights. Mighty cold here -12 when i got up with wind chills in the - 30's, schools are closed almost everywhere. But the sun is out, so I'm Ok with it.

Like I said before i won't repeat myself, and have no other plans for today other than I need to do laundry and do my floors so you all have a great day!

Respected Contributor

Hi, Bopper. Time got away from me for sure. It's a bummer that you're buried in snow. Here, it's bitterly cold, but only an inch or so of snow. Major streets are OK, so getting around town isn't too bad.

It won't be a surprise that I did end up ordering Tony's new P90. I've been so bad lately re: workouts that I feel I should start at the beginning again, and this program contains good, basic workouts. Besides, I like Tony. He's the guy I started with in 2008, and he still motivtates me, with his "do your best, forget the rest" and "just show up." While I'm waiting for it to arrive, I'll probably do Katami or something. Definitely a DVD, though, 'cause when I get home from work, I certainly won't feel motivated to get to the gym in the dark and sub-zero temp!

Yes, it's back to work today. Ugh. I sure liked my time off. It will take awhile to get back into a routine.

Have a good week, everyone.