Respected Contributor

Re: Welcome to the January Exercise Thread

Hi, everyone.  Happy weekend.

It's bitterly cold today.  The high temp will be single digits.  It's a good day to stay inside.

Nookie, thanks for the reminder about the Xbike.  I read the reviews.  Most are good, but some people have had problems, especially with the pedals.  That discouraged me from taking a chance on it.

Patty, continued prayers and good wishes for DS. I hope you get some rest this weekend.

Hi, Bopper, I hope I can see some of the upcoming Dec show.  I love looking even if I don't buy.  

I just ordered Bob Warden's new Perfect Portion cookbook.  It looks like it will be useful because it tells you the serving size that = 100 cals. You then decide how many cals you want and figure out how much to eat.  It's not magic or an extraordinary new approach, it's just a twist on every other cookbook that gives nutritional breakdown.  The recipes I previewed looked good, though, so I think I could be a useful book for me.

Respected Contributor

Hi all, really cold here too nomless.   We are hovering around 10 and it's quite windy.  Tonight will be very very cold.  Tomorrow single digits and maybe 0.  The schools are closed but that's because of a Professional Development Day.

I got nothin today,,,just did some decluttering and putzing around the house.  Visited my GD for a little while as they are painting the new babies room..Watched some football and now watching the Denver game.

Patty I'm undecided on the lanterns, I so worry I"ll get the dud or the broken one...and frankly do I "need" them...ummmm NO.............  hahha but I "want" them!   

Nomless let me know how you like the cookbook.  Sounds like it would be good.  That WP rice cooker on HSN isn't listed.  I know, I should have gotten it when you told me, but sometimes it's not in the finances...well it never is  hahah...

Waving to all the newbies,,,I really have nothing more to add!

Have a great night.

Be Well, Be Blessed and Be Thankful

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Happy Monday!  My son said his arm(vein and where clot is) is looking AND feeling better today...yay!!!!!! 

I had another ordeal yesterday...more nuerological stuff.  And I think it was caused by doing weights.  Got my MRI resutls back and they are not good so back to the Neurologist I go.  I probably will just get her opinion so I have two, then have to find a Neurologist up where we move...I already have a lead, he is one of the Redskins docs.  

I'm meeting my gf's this morning for walking and coffee.  A normal person would cancel being this ugly but I'm not....already canceled once because of all of this.  I will not see one of them again before we move, they are leaving on travel and won't be back so I need to see her, some things are just more important than pride and this is one of them.  I just don't want to scare them!

nomless, did they get the work stuff straightened out? 

Already walked Lucy this morning and am doing laundry.  I guess I have to look at the positives of being up for 4 hours by 6 a.m. 

Have a great day everyone!!

Respected Contributor

Patty, what great news that DS is better.  Prayers that he continues to improve.  Enjoy your time with your gfs.  You need some relaxation and fun.  

As for the HR mess at the old job, I don't know if it's straightened out or not.  After I learned I have recourse with the IRS, I guess I decided not to worry about it.  An interesting contrast - at new job that I started last Monday, the HR person got me set up in about 10 minutes.  Friday was payday, and payroll stuff went through in time so that I was paid.  Many of the people at new job have been there 15-20 years, showing that they like or at least don't hate working there.  All good signs that this is a much better company to work for.  I have today off, then will work rthe rest of the week.

Bopper, the cookbook won't be published until the end of Feb. I'll let you know how I like it when I get it.  The rice cooker is popular, I'm sure it will be back.  Or you could get the Aroma one at Walmart....it's slightly larger than the WP mini cooker, and it's less expensive.  It works well, too.

Today I'm doing laundry, clean up and cooking.  Will need to start putting together lunches for the week again after months of not doing that.  Time to start planning ahead again.

Respected Contributor

Morning, it's very cold here too nomless.  We're at 10 and its windy so below zero wind chill.  Logan is lifting his feet so we won't be going today.

Im about to do the Xbike and the Bodygym so I"ll get moving here in a bit, no hurry.  I'm not going anywhere so have all day ...Going to do some vacuuming and dusting and even put a Spring plant out on the table, (fake) of course but it makes me think it's not that far off!

Nomless glad you got that stuff straightened out.  I'm going to look at Walmart for the Aroma one.  I may get that cookbook too.  I did see Amazon has it too on preorder.

Patty wonderful news about DS...at least its some weight off your shoulders or should I say a lot of weight off your shoulders.  Nothing worse than our kids being sick .   Have fun at your girl get together and yes your are right on about some things are more important!  I'm sure you will have a good time!  

Not much more on this end,  Enjoy the day and stay warm if it's cold by your!

Be Well, Be Blessed and Be Thankful!

Honored Contributor

So glad to hear everyone is doing better this week especially your family @Iluvlucy.  Heart

The Southerners are shivering since our high is only 35 today near Atlanta.  Luckily, it's a holiday so they won't have to close the schools.  For those of you like me who grew up in a snow belt, yes they actually close the schools for cold weather here in Georgia.  Mind you most everyone I know drives their kid to school which is a  big part of Atlanta's traffic problem plus the buses do door to door service through the neighborhoods so, yeah, shake your head away.  I always thought that walk in the snow to the bus stop or when I was walker to my elementary school did me good and built character.  Kids today apparently can't hack a cold breeze for the half minute dash to the car or bus door.     Smiley Sad

Stepping down from my box (hey, they actually are my entertainment during the winter), I braved the overnight 25 degree temp it was at 5am with only my sweatshirt for the dash into the gym from the car and did my ride class.  There were only us die hards (teacher is from Indiana) but we survived.  

Hope you all stay warm!       

Esteemed Contributor

Hi everyone!  It's 0 here with windchills in the -20s. No walks for a few days to come.  I've been doing TV walks and Gazelle. Getting the winter we haven't had all Dec. Angie the walk living dog is very unhappy. 

Welcome to all the new names I see here by the way.

Patty,very glad for your son's news.  Hope you get to tge bottom of your health problems. Stress is huge and you've had plenty.

Bopper,still thinking about getting the Xbike...you inspire me!

Hi Nomless,Cater,Tony .  Stay warm..hard to do😁

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

HI to all on this cold freezing Monday night here in swPa. it is 9 degrees. Bopper you absolutely put the most beautiful pictures on here there are so many I would loved to have put in frames. Nomless lets hope this job is the answer to your prayers and that you really feel content with this company. This has really been a rough time for you these past months. Skylark hope that things are going good for you also. Patty, Patty some times I wonder how you keep going with out having a major scream fest yelling "what next" my heart and prayers are with you and your family every day. I picture you as this small lady who is working her body every which way a exercise can be done and on your sholders you are carrying the world around you, worrying about everyone you love and their health plus your own health. Don't you ever worry about how you look everyone see's you as a beautiful person with a heart of gold. Best news is that you son is improving lets just pray that he keeps improving. Keeping you and your hubby and son on the prayer list at the mass assoc. Glad you have Lucy to keep you all smiling. Hope that you will find a home that you will be happy with. Family member just sold theirs and moved into a bigger one. Take care everyone and if your in the cold weather area lets hope the furnaces keep working. Hi to you Laura, you going to find the ladies on here really exercise hard. Not me though leg problems.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

So nice to see you cater...thank-you...you're words are so kind.  I thank all of you for your prayers and kind words.  Just having ds doing a little better is making me feel more human, you're right bopper, NOTHING comapres to a sick child. I'm not loving having all this medical stuff going on with me, or dh, or the move, or the vehicles...lol...but his illness is the one thing that just paralyzes me.  I see the Eagles founder Glenn Frey died from complications to the same disease, hate reading that stuff, punches me in the gut.  Just hearing his infected vein was better yesterday took such a load off of my mind.  Now if that clot would just break up. 

Had a really nice time with my gf's yesterday, I'm so glad I went.  They felt so bad for me when they saw me, they wanted to say "You don't look bad", but at some point, you just can't and I'm at that point....hahaha.  My doctor sent me all the Johns Hopkins information last night to get that ball rolling and I got the number and name for the Neurologist in Reston. 

My work-out, not sure yet...but, yes, going to release some anxiety.  It's either that or drinking at this point and since I don't drink and am crazy enough on the steroids, well, seems the most logical choice. 

cater, I heard dh telling Lucy last night how much joy she brings us even with all this other stress going on.  She makes us laugh every single day and I swear she knows when things are bad so tries to be even funnier than usual. 

Okay...dh is getting up.  Time to rock n' roll!  Have a great day everyone and stay warm.  We were 16* this morning and I didn't have a clue...I didn't even wear a jacket yesterday, these steroids make me so hot!  It was 53* in the house this morning when I got up. 

Respected Contributor

Morning, it's cold again here too but again "it's winter"....but we are above zero this morning.  I am keeping the shades down as it keep more heat in the house.  We do heat most of our house with wood heat so that's cozy and helps with the electric bill for sure.

Not sure what workout I will do.  Maybe the treadmill and then some weights or bands..I need to do some yoga as I"m tight today but we'll see.  I haven't gotten that far yet!

Glad everyone is doing better and nice to see new faces...