Honored Contributor

Re: Welcome to the February Exercise Thread

Did the short Pound class this morning but did not stay for Power.  I about cried.  I can't remember the last time I missed a gym class.  Went home and did BodyGym instead.  

My back only hurts when I lie down and it's still at it so I haven't really slept in over a week.  The only thing I can seem to find to help is ibuprofen but it only lasts four hours so I'm up in the middle of the night to take another pill which doesn't seem to help as much after the first one.  The PM medicine and naproxen sodium did nothing.  I'm at a loss.  

You guys encourage me though.  The park closes at sunset so I can only walk on weekends with work but I guess I'll be a walking weekend fool until if and when I heal up.  I hate not being able to exercise like I have been. Tomorrow is my normal off day and then I'll try it again at the gym on Thursday.    

Respected Contributor

Hi,  I did the treadmill and the TG today, then took Logan for a walk.  It finally warmed to 40 so I even opened the windows to air it out in this house.

Now getting dinner on the table and reading the paper.

Laura sorry your back is still bothering you.  Have you tried 12 hour Aleve?  My back is very touchy too and so is my neck...i can throw my neck out washing my hair.

Hang in there, you can always find something to do.  Great job on Pound!

Nomless I was happy with BL last night.  They sure looked great.  I wished they'd have said when the next one starts.  I hope it isn't a year!   The Voice starts next Monday.  I watch Survivor too which is tomorrow.

Waving to everyone!  Be Well, Be Blessed, and Be Thankful!

Respected Contributor

Oh, Laura,I'm sorry you're back is still giving you fits.  I wonder if that Lori Grenier back thing would help?  It's called lo-back Trax H205181.  Maybe it's worth a try???

Bopper, I enjoyed B too. I thought Erin and Steven would win, but I was happy with who did win. It looked like Steven was surprised that he lost.   I don't watch Survivor.  Several times, I've tried to get into it, but it doesn't hold my interest.  Neither does Amazing Race.  

I did treadmill and bike today.  It's a nice day....temps are back in the mid 40s.  Not bad.

Patty, are things OK there?  Thinking of you and family, including furkids.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

My day off which was a good thing since it stormed overnight here and early this morning when I make my gym run.  I did some more Bodygym last night and this is the first time I've been sore in a long time.  That thing works!

I did buy the generic version of Aleve after seeing their commercial about 12 hour pain relief.  It didn't even touch me the night I used it.  I just went back to my ibuprofen which seems to be my one and only.  I tried a cold patch on my back with my ibuprofen last night and that seemed to help.  I didn't need the second pill when I woke up around 2am.  Some progress....  

I have looked into that back product and others especially since I sit most of the day at my job even though I am up and down a good bit.  I have seen a posture seat thing that looks like a good idea too one Sunday morning.  I have really started to stretch my hamstrings during the day and that also seems to have helped out at night.  I may just go ahead and purchase it just to try it.  It's a great suggestion.  I'm not used to having my body break down like this.  It's very frustrating.  I am so sorry for being the downer on this thread lately.  I promise to stop that.  

I'm glad the weather has warmed up for everyone.  I would love to be able to get outdoors every day like you guys all seem to.  I've been thinking of maybe walking around the neighborhood at night even though it's kind of small.  But the weekend is almost here and my wood trails await soon. Hope everyone has a great Wednesday! Smiley Very Happy       

Respected Contributor

No workout for me today because I had a class to go to after work.

Laura, glad you liked the BodyGym.  Don't feel bad bout telling us how you're doing with your back issue. It's not a downer, and someone might come up with an idea the helps you.  For months, I was mentioning my plantar fasciitis (sp???) issue....and, hey, it seems to be resolved finally.  It started a year ago, and even around Christmas it was bothering me some.  But now, even with doing the treadmill again, it's been OK.   Yay.  Still, I need to get new shoes so I don't aggravate it again.  Anyway, I hope your back continues to improve...

Frequent Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

Did the short Pound class this morning but did not stay for Power.  I about cried.  I can't remember the last time I missed a gym class.  Went home and did BodyGym instead.  

My back only hurts when I lie down and it's still at it so I haven't really slept in over a week.  The only thing I can seem to find to help is ibuprofen but it only lasts four hours so I'm up in the middle of the night to take another pill which doesn't seem to help as much after the first one.  The PM medicine and naproxen sodium did nothing.  I'm at a loss.  

You guys encourage me though.  The park closes at sunset so I can only walk on weekends with work but I guess I'll be a walking weekend fool until if and when I heal up.  I hate not being able to exercise like I have been. Tomorrow is my normal off day and then I'll try it again at the gym on Thursday.    

@Laura14 do you have access to a good physical therapist who could advise you?  Mine helped me with exercises and equipment.

Honored Contributor

@Marcail0825 wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

@Laura14 do you have access to a good physical therapist who could advise you?  Mine helped me with exercises and equipment.

@Marcail0825  No.  I'm my own physical therapist along with Google.  I have a $6000 deductible and it's just not worth the expense.  I made it through last night with one pill and an icy patch again so I think it's getting better between that and really stretching out my hamstrings.  

I did my Ride and Power class this morning.  Very little weights so that was interesting but I'm still a little sore from Bodygym so I think I'm good with strength training.

@nomless  I am so glad your feet are better.  That was an issue for me about two years ago and that hurts!  Mine I think was my ankle tendons and achilles and not so much the heels.  I think it was my flat feet from birth catching up with me but ever since I tried Vionics and now use their orthotics in my other shoes, much, much better and hardly a twinge since.  

I've decided to try your suggestion and maybe go on a little healthy shopping spree today.  I'm going to look at some back products and other things to maybe help me along since I'm now falling apart in midlife.  Aging stinks!  

Have a great Thursday everyone!!

Contributor

40 miles on my Xbike this morning.  I'm now down 3 sizes!!!!!  The Xbike from the southern channel is still on sale if you are "on the fence".  Much cheaper than the SmoothXbike TSV and it's on 4 payments and free shipping.  First order from them....use CODE 151253 and save an extra $20. That's how I bought mine.  With the extra $20 off, you can get it for $139.95 !!!!!  It has good reviews.

Respected Contributor

Hey everyone, just checking in for today with 20 miles on my Proform Xbike, yes theirs is much cheaper than the TSV today and I love mine.  Then did some strength with my BodyGym, still really like that too and the convenience of it.   I am alternating that with my Total Gym and can't wait to walk outside without the ice and snow.  Will be a while yet for my part of the woods and we don't go by the Calendar, hahha...not here we don't!

Laura glad your some better, just keep moving the best you can. My husband had bad sciatica for over a year but is some better now, it's not gone but he goes the the YMCA every morning at 6 am and it helps him to keep moving also.   I also need to stretch more, I am neglecting that and I know it.

Nomless hope your having a good day today!   It's so windy here, 40 mph gusts and snowing, but not snowing hard.  At least the storm missed us and went to the Lower Peninsula.  

Patty Hope you are safe, your right in the path of severe thunderstorms, wind and tornado's.  

NookieGreen nice to meet you, I love my xbike.  Congratulations on going down 3 sizes, that is super fan-stinkin-tastic  Smiley Happy    On FB there is a Proform Xbike group you can join for even more support and Kristie goes on everyday to encourage us.  If your interested that is.

Tony are you lurking around, it's ok not to post a workout, just say Hi, I haven't forgotten you you know Smiley Happy

Waving to all

Be Well, Be Blessed, and Be thankful

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Okay I took your advice and I have a lo bak trax on its way!  It's not getting here until 3/8/16 which is frustrating but we'll try it and see if that keeps my back healthier.  Hopefully I'll be over the worst of this nonsense by then.  

I also found the Backjoy posture seat is in stock at a local store so I may scrounge up a coupon and go take a look to see if that will also help out during work hours.  If it's cheaper there, I may pick that up or order it from the Q if it is ridiculously expensive.  That one has some mixed reviews and I'm a little adult so I'm kind of on the fence if that will work right for me.  

I am going to be a back health expert after all this!

@NookieGreen  Congrats and welcome!!

My gosh, you guys on your bikes and hikes doing 20+ miles.  I think my Ride class is 15 miles tops if you stay on pace and it takes me 2 hours to do the 8 miles of hiking trails in the woods.  I bow to all of you symbolically so as not to aggravate.  Smiley Happy

Oh and I keep forgetting to mention, I walked with deer on Sunday!  I was coming down the trail and there was a small herd of doe ahead of me.  They were looking at me like what are you doing in our space?  Beautiful creatures.  One ran down the hill but the others just looked at me like I was their first human ever which I doubt since the park is well traveled.  Thank you all for encouraging me to get out into nature and out of the gym with your hiking stories.  I appreciate it more than you know.  Heart