Valued Contributor

Re: Welcome to the February Exercise Thread

[ Edited ]

And p.s. cater....yes, I saw that on the turnpike!  What a mess!  I pulled up the news in the hotel room and saw that mess and "PA", knew the kids were out so my stomach jumped.  Prayed for those involved. 

Honored Contributor

Made it to class this morning for Ride.  No ice or rain has materialized.  I need a job where I can make stuff up and get paid for it like the weather girls and boys.

I hope the tablet is behaving.  Technical difficulties are beyond aggravating.  Who needs junk food to kill you when misbehaving devices will put you in the ground faster with bigger stress?

Still saying a prayer for Lucy and all the others who need some good thoughts today.  Heart

Respected Contributor

Hi all, did my Proform Xbike today for 15 miles and then did the Bodygym.  I'm about to go to the hospital to donate blood.  My first time but my type is in critical need and it is a gift to someone who really needs it.  Hope I do alright, needles don't bother me so I think it will be fine.

Patty, I sure hope you hear today about Lucy, the waiting is horrible.  It has to be her teeth don't you think?   But I know until it's confirmed it's hard not to think the worst too.

I have a Trio Stealth tablet, so the FaceTime wouldn't work because it's an apple app but I think I got the skype thing figured out.  I'll see if my son calls me on it. He still has to set his acct. up though.  

Laura, SeaMaiden, Cater, Tony and I know I'm forgetting some have a great day and never quit!

Respected Contributor

Bopper, yay that you have Shyoe setvupconcyour new tablet.

Patty, you're still Patty to me even though your nom is know Lucy.  I'll try to make the switch.

Hi, Laura.  Good job!

Well, ladies, I did a workout.  Yea, me!  Only 30 min of cardio but that's OK as I get back into it.  I did it after work.  Workout room was empty (yea), and temp was warm enough so that I didn't mind going back out after I got home from work.  I'm going to try hard to get back into it.  Today I did both treadmill and bike. 

BL tonight.  Oh.....in a previous episode, Dolvett gavechis team Larabars and they said they liked them.  I found them at Target, and I like them too, especially the ones with cherries or blueberries.  Ingredients are dates, nuts, fruit.  I've been eating one for breakfast on work days.

Valued Contributor

Yay nomless, glad you got back over there!  I did treadmill and bike yesterday too...amongst other things.  The ONLY bars I eat anymore are Larabars...Almond Cookie.  All I can eat because of my allergies.  I have one for breakfast every day, buy them by the box...lol. Some flavors have sea-salt now so I can't eat those anymore.

It's windy here, over 30-mph on the water here...trees are bending. The recycling-bin fell over and blew all over in the alley.  I heard on the news over 2000 car crashes on the east coast from the ice last night. 

Not sure what I'm doing today, not going back out in this wind though.  I'm very out of sorts right now, just want the vet to call.  DS has today off so I'll make him call about his US report...sheesh!  I'd say no news is good news, however, we thought that one other time and his liver enzymes were through the roof!  (not this doctor)  No house yet either, we looked all day yesterday, even widened our search.  Thanks for prayers!

Dryer is singing...waving to everyone! 

Respected Contributor

Patty, I'm certainly thinking of you today as you deal with stuff and wait for tests results. Please let us know when you have news about DS and Lucy.  Hugs and prayers. 

Honored Contributor

I just tried Lara bars the other week after seeing them recommended on a fitness blog.  I have to say I really liked the Peanut Butter Cookie one but was not a big fan of the Cherry and Cashew was just okay.  Can't beat them for the best ingredients though.  I'm tempted to try and make them on my own.  They don't seem that hard to create.  

I spent last night literally crying because my back still hurts so bad when I lay down.  Took an aspirin and it did nothing.  Finally figured out a way to stack all of my pillows so I am typing this on four hours of sleep.  I made myself get up and did the short pound class this morning and also stayed for power but did practically no weight at all.  I don't understand why all of a sudden I keep having issues/injuries but I guess it's time to really pull back and do something completely different which has me at a bit of a loss right now.  I'm not sure what to do.  

Still nothing to complain about though.  I hope the house hunting and testing go well and come back perfect.  Our ice storm didn't materialize nor did it really even rain so I hope you guys get some of this warmth and good weather.  Thinking about all of you with good wishes and thanks for all the encouragement.  Heart      

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Good Morning, We're in the 20's so not too bad and some light snow falling.  They are calling for rain on Friday, so that will be a huge mess....hoping it doesn't freeze on the roads.

Nomless I have to get used to this tablet.  I'm using the laptop now because I can type so much faster on it.  I did get the skype set up though so I can see my son as soon as he sets his up.   Thank you Smiley Happy

Patty hopfully you will hear today from the Vet and about DS's tests too.  Hard to wait and then you have so much other stuff on your mind.  

Laura so sorry your having back  problems.  They are so bad, my back bothers me a lot too and my neck.  Have to be so careful!  

I have the Larabars too in Coconut cream pie but need to get some more.  Thanks for bringing it up, I added it to my grocery list.

I love the lanterns TSV but can't afford them.   Everyone posts about how they are all over the place, but not here.  We don't have any of the stores everyone mentions, Homegoods, marshall's, Hobby Lobby, etc.  We have  small TJ Maxx but not sure if they have them either.  I know BB&B has some online, we don't have that store either.

I don't need them anyway, I have to save for my son's wedding next November, need luggage, and a dress, have to buy shower gift and wedding gift..the belt is kind of tight right now.

Well I better get crackin, enjoy your day!

Be well, Be Blessed and Be Thankful

Respected Contributor

Laura, I hope your back feels better soon.  It's debilitating because it hurts no matter what you do.  

Bopper, I don't like the candles in the lanterns.  In all sizes, the candles seem too small to me.  You could probably achieve the same look at less expense by buying a lantern and candle separately, watching for sales on both.

Patty, wondering if you have news.  I sure hope things are ok.

I did cardio. The workout room was empty again, I was happy about that.  I did better today than yesterday.  I pushed a little harder, but still took it pretty easy. I think this schedule might work out.....although I'll miss Wed for a few weeks due to a class I'm going to.   

Happy evening to all.

Respected Contributor

Bopper, I got the mosaic glass luminaries by Home Reflections.  They're gorgeous.  I got the white, and they sparkle.  I love sparkle.   Smiley Very Happy