Respected Contributor

Re: Welcome to the December Exercise Thread

Hey everyone, this morning I did 3 miles on the treadmill and then some strength using the ball,,,walked Logan on the trail after lunch.  It's a little snowy but not bad and the temp is high enough to melt the roads anyways.  We're 35 so that's pretty darn good for us.

Nomless I sure hope you get an interview at the library..never hurts to make yourself known.  I think you'll get off early on Christmas Eve.   Seems many have to work, so your not alone.

Skylark glad you got to spend some good time with your granddaughter and your son and that he is coming along after his surgery.  

Patty are you headed up to see the kids?  I imagine you are already as it is Tuesday.  Enjoy your time and be careful driving.

Okay time to do some chores, enjoy the day!

Valued Contributor

Hi everyone!  Hope you all are having a good week. 

So much going on...I'm tired and we haven't even left yet...lol!  We will head out this morning after we take the cats to the kennel.  Doing laundry now, I've been up since 3:45 and have to drive in rain all day...ick.

I'm going to SPIN class at 6 so wanted to get some stuff done and be there a little early to get some weight training in before it starts. 

I can't sleep when I have a lot on my mind.  Anxious to hear how ds is this morning, first infusion went okay...he was tired but that could be from a lot of things.

Waving to everyone!  Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas, even those not able to be around family and loved ones.  Being military, we've been there many times so I always try to be sensitive to those that aren't. 

Respected Contributor

Patty, how wonderful that DS had his first infusion.  Prayers that it helps him.  It's so great that you and DH will be able to go and spend time with the kids.  I know you're anxious to be there and see with your own eyes how things are going.  Hugs, girlfirend.

Hi, Bopper.  Wishing you a nice day.  Is your dad enjoying the decorating you did?  I'm sure your home is cozy, comfy, and all dec'ed out.  Here, I've got nohting.  The cats would play with whatever I tried to put out, lol.It's just not worth the hassle of trying to keep them away from stuff.

Again, I won't be able to get a workout in today. I have other stuff I need to do this morning...including going to the grocery.  Ugh.  It will be crazy busy, I suppose...but better than it will be tomorrow.

I redid my lib resume again, this time including my cover letter as an integral part of the resume in a section titled "additional information."  What follows is a statement of my background and why I want to work there.  The way my resume is structured now, this section won't be overlooked, and perhaps it will help me get an interview.  I need to be patient....and hope that persistance eventually will pay off.

Still undecided what to do about my current part-time job.  I can't decide if I want to throw in the towel and quit, or if for the sake of the little income it brings in, if I should stick it out until something more to my liking comes along.  I finally got my first paycheck yesterday...it was delayed for several reasons, among them being that they sent it through the mail and my address is incorrect.  Thank goodness the PO figured out where to deliver it.  My address is correct on my app, but it got entered in the system incorrectly.  Surprisingly, HR can't fix it and even needs to do research to find out who can...apparently a third party handles their employee stuff??  How weird is that?  I need to push them to make sure they get it corrected in the next few days so that my tax statement has the correct address on it.  What a mess it will be if that gets sent to me and the IRS with the incorrect address.  I take this hassle as just another sign that this company isn't one I want to devote part of my life to.

I'm trying hard to get some Christmas spirit going.  I'm just not feeling it this year, at least not yet. 

OK....off to do my errands.  Have a fun day, everyone!

Respected Contributor

Hi everyone, foggy and dreary here with rain...Sure doesn't look like we're having a White Christmas this year, strange for us.

Nomless I went to the grocery store early this morning and it wasn't bad.   I think the earlier the better though.  I hope this new position you applied for comes through for you.  It sounds like your doing all the right things though and they know you are interested.  Sorry you are not in the Christmas spirit but I think lots of people are not, lots are of course but many this isn't a happy time of year.   

We had sad news this morning from out son in Colorado.   He and his finance lost their dog.  Some how he got away from inside the garage yesterday around 5 and they still haven't found him.  A 7 year old Shih tzu and he's afraid of most everything so he most likely won't go to anyone.  They have notified the Vet, and the Shelters, put posters and fliers around and have other people looking but it's such a large area and he isn't used to being outside for too long, so they are both crying and afraid...I am praying he turns up.  He wasn't wearing a collar either.

Then my girlfriends father just passed away and the funeral is probably on Saturday...trying to put on the happy face but i'm getting down too.

Patty so happy DS had his first infusion and praying it goes smoothly for him.  Glad you will be able to spend some time there.   Drive safely!

Skylark, Tony, Cater waving to everyone, I really don't have anything else to add...so be Blessed and Be thankful!

Esteemed Contributor

Patty,hoping your son starts feeling less tired. Seems he's been through alot and is probably exhausted. I hope you all have a happy relaxing Christmas after all that stress.

Bopper,very upsetting about the dog lost.  Poor little thing must be terrified and your son and family must be frantic. Said a little prayer he will be found soon.

Nomless, you made me laugh when you said you couldn't put out alot of decorations because of your cats. Years ago we had a cat that peed on all the gifts under the tree.  NOT a good Christmas memory. 

I've been so sluggish with any kind of workouts.  Eating cookies and candy ugh! I have been walking Angie everyday at least. She's a little bully,won't let me off the hook. 

Blessed Christmas all!

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

Merry Christmas Eve, I have some food to make this morning and then am exercising and I'll be all set.

Skylark thank you so much for the prayers.  I am heartsick, been tearing up thinking of this little baby out in the cold and my son and his finace..It's such a large area to search and he is so small and it's cold out.....keep the prayers coming.

Patty I am so happy you are with DS and his wife and praying he will tolerate this new infusion now and feel better.   Be well, and Blessings to you and yours.

Nomless I understand your cat situation to.  My sisters cat would try and climb the tree until she bought some spray called Boundry and it worked, he leaves the tree alone now.  

Tony Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Cater Blessings to you and yours this Christmas and a healthy New Year to you.

Many blessings to you all and may your Day be Merry!

Valued Contributor

Ugh bopper....I'd be out of mind sick!  I know some will get this and some won't, but I think I'd rather know they were gone than worry about them suffering or being abused.  Praying they find him.  Is he microchipped?? 

Well, yesterday was not a good day but arrived safely.  It took us around 13 hours to get here....terrible rain, fog, and traffic, accidents all over the place.  I had such a headache and both of us had sciatica so bad...there was one point where if we could have found a decent hotel, we would have stopped for the night...we were done. 

DS's infusion went well, but the day after wasn't pleasant.  He had terrible nausea, hot flashes, almost passed out and threw-up.  Got a script for an anti-nausea drug so he isn't sure if that is helping today(this morning) or it's just wearing off.  He's at work but they didn't schedule any surgeries for this afternoon so hopefully they can all leave early.  He said it was not easy trying to work when you need to throw-up.  He will take some Zofran before next infusion and see if that helps. 

I had a terrible night again...migraine, couldn't sleep, seeing him not feeling well just puts me in a way anyway, but after being tense all day with that traffic and worrying about him, I was up all night.  And their house is so loud...the rain on the windows sounded like rocks hitting it.  We got to bed after midnight, I couldn't sleep, then up early.  I feel a little nauseous so I'm sure it's from lack of sleep and the stress...doubt the steroids are helping any either. 

nomless...yes, we have the kitty issue too...lol, and Lucy isn't much better!  We can't keep Lucy out from under the tree and biting at the branches...haha...she loves it!  She digs at the tree skirt, rubs her face all over it, and bites it.  Sure hope you can figure out what works for you and what you want to do in the coming year.

Skylark, hope you have a relaxing Christmas and can enjoy your walks with your pup.  Enjoy your cookies, I'm going to have some Raspberry-Lemon mousse cheesecake tonight and hope to enjoy every last bite!   

Well, I guess this is as good as I'm going to get for the day so I'm heading out...the rain has cleared up for now and the sun is trying to come out.  I'm sore from yesterday so thought about using that as an excuseSmiley Wink...but need some fresh air anyway.  Merry Christmas Eve everyone!  Waving to cater, Canine, and anyone else driving by. 

cater....my son and dil are so grateful for your prayers and adding them to the prayer lists.  We appreciate everyone's prayers here...what a blessing. 

Respected Contributor

Merry Christmas Eve to all.  I hope your day is just what you want it to be.

Bopprr, the poor pup!  I'm so sorry and certainly hope he's found.  Let us know.

Our first snowfall is happening now, and it seems to be quite treacherous.  When I got up, there was an inch or less, but there must be ice underneath.  I watched a van try to get up a hill, but couldn't.  It ended up just shy of the intersection.  A car came down the hill, couldn't stop, and slammed into the side of the van.  Next, a car tried to go up the hill, failed, and tried to turn around to come down the hill. When the car got sideways in the street, it had no traction and slid down into the car and van.  Since then, two more vehicles have come down the hill, couldn't stop and slid into the others.  All were driving very slowly, the drivers were not at fault, they just had no traction so couldn't do a thing.  No injuries, fortunately, but still, what a way to start Christmas Eve.  

More stuff happened at work yesterday the show me this is not the right job for me.  I definitely will quit, but I  haven't decided if I should do so soon, or stick it out for a while simply to get the income until something more suited to me comes along.  

I'm watching Q this morning...how refreshing to see jewelry shows like they used to do long ago.  I even splurged and bought a sterling Noah's arc bracelet.  It's adorable.  On 5 easy pays, I couldn't resist.  

Cater, a special shout out to you.  I wish you a pleasant Christmas.  

Patty, enjoy your time with the kids.

Skylark, merry Christmas to you, too.  You also Tony, WMN, and all our friends.

Respected Contributor

Merry Christmas to all.  I hope you have a lovely day.

I watched accidents happen outside my window all morning yesterday. The 1-2" of snow that was predicted turned into about 10".  Ugh. I made the effort to get to the office on time, dreading going out in the weather.  When I arrived, I was the only one there in my department.  There were only 2 people there in an area that usually houses about 50.  (Yesterday was a holiday for all departments except mine.)  One of those 2 people came over to tell me that my bosses decided we would not work yesterday after all.....apparently they called staff to tell them but couldn't reach me?????   I was home all morning, I didn't get a message.  Another strike against them in my book. So that my boss would know I showed up as I was told to do on Wed., I called to to let her know I was in the office and to confirm we weren't working.  

I chatted a few minutes with the woman who was there. That was kind of fun.  She was friendly and pleasant, unlike my bosses.  I wish could work for her.

I' m sorry to  bore you with my works woes.  I just find this situation so befuddling, it's on my mind all the time.    

I hope you all have a wonderful day.

Respected Contributor

Merry Christmas everyone, busy day here and now winding down in my jammies.

No dog yet, they got their hopes up when a lady texted them saying she saw their dog at the Shelter and they went there and it wasn't their dog...I'm just sick over this, can't even sleep.   I'm not losing my faith though, but I think everyone needs closure at this point, it's not knowing that is so hard.

We're tired here tonight, the house is a mess and I hate that but will tackle it tomorrow.

Good Night and Merry Christmas again!