Respected Contributor

Re: Welcome to the December Exercise Thread

Good Morning, it's Thursday folks.   Right now I can see the stars through some high clouds...hoping we see some sun today.  It's been a while.

I plan on using the treadmill and doing some weights and then making a stew for dinner and some homemade rolls.

I made a large container of cheese dip yesterday which I am dividing up and giving away.  

We still have no snow on the ground, but it is hovering at the freezing point here.

Enjoy your day everyone, Be Blessed, Be Thankful, Be Happy!

Valued Contributor

Happy Thursday!  Love that "gif" bopper...is that what they're called?  Too lazy to look it up.  And I just realized I haven't read the prior ones, only bopper's latest post showed up...so hope everyone is well.  nomless, how is the job-hunt and the new job going? 

I'm sore today, especially my back muscles and obliques.  I may go to boxing class later with my neighbor and I may not...lol.  No quarantees, see how much the Advil kicks in.  I did over 15 miles yesterday plus weights and my left foot is also killing me but I could "baby" that if I go...back and obliques, not so much. 

Big party tonight, if my face swelling isn't better, I'm not going.  Tired of my eyes looking so freaky.  Yes, I'm still on the steroids and still having issues.  My MRI's were rescheduled since I can't have Benedryl if I have a reaction to the dye.

Son is still waiting for infusions to get set-up.  Symptoms are getting harder to manage but he's doing it. 

I'm trying to figure out things I can make that will travel well.  I ordered a cheesecake from Harry & David and having sent there, but would like an appetizer to bring along as well. 

Anyway, waving to everyone and hope you all are doing okay.  Skylark, Tony, cater, et al, hope you're enjoying the season.  I hope I'm not missing anything I should be commenting on...

Valued Contributor

Did a quick skim....Skylark, hope your son is doing well!!  bopper...congrats on the weddng and new grandchild.  nomless...have you thought about jump-roping?  It's a pretty darn good work-out and you can do it in the privacy of your own home....of course, I think that's some of the reason my stupid foot is hurting again. 

Why do I have such a hard time finding that big, red "REPLY" button....haha??!!!  DUH! 

Respected Contributor

Bopper, homemade dinner rolls....yum!

Patty, I'm so sorry to hear that both you and DS are still in limbo, just waiting.....gosh, waiting is so difficult.  Hugs and prayers.  BTW, I'm lovin' the Berkshire sheets.  They feel so good.  I'm still sending out resumes for full-time jobs and still not liking the part-time job much.  But I do like that it's not many hours and that it's nearby so there's no commute time.  I guess it will do for now until something better comes along.

I got to the workout room a little earlier today and there was no one there, so I got my cardio session in.  My feet were feeling good  duringvthe month I took off from workouts, but now that I've been doing cardio again, I have a touch of PF again.  It's tolerable, but a good sign that I really need to find new shoes.  Problem is I don't want to invest in shoes only to find that they don't help.  Not sure how to find the right shoe.

I think we're going to have some sun today.  At last!

Respected Contributor

Hello to everyone on here who are working their bodies. Just had to jump on ( should say crawl on here)  to send a note to Patty to tell her that special son will be included in 500 masses starting Christmas Eve. Also want to tell Bopper that I love these pictures you put on here. Our weather here in Pa. is terrible today it is so dark and gloomie out there and it even looks foggy, plus we are having light rain what a mess. But I will take this over snow. Company are here from southern states and they are running around in shorts. they can't believe this weather and that there is no snow and it isn't freezing cold. Nomless may be after the holidays the job thing will be better, we can hope so. Skylark, Tony sending good thoughts to you also. Okay ladies have to get some stuff done around here. Patty hope you start feeling better you have your hands and heart full being concerned about your hubby and son so in order to put on a good front that your hanging in there you have to be healthy.  Take care all.

Valued Contributor

cater....thank-you so much!!!  I will share this with him, I know he'll be so grateful...as am I.  We have the same weather....rain and gloom. 

nomless...I saw a company that makes shoes for people with PF.  If I can find it, I'll let you know.  I'm glad you like the sheets, they don't come any softer!  I don't think everyone could use them because most people keep their homes so warm, but we keep ours cool and we don't have blankets on our bed.   Sure hope 2016 holds the job of your dreams!

They got the infusion set-up for DS...so we're thankful for that.  We(Doctor included) were hoping it would be this week, but they can't do it until Tuesday.  Praying he can hold off that long....he said the cramps are really starting to bother him.  And, of course, praying that he doesn't react to it and that it works period...there's always that possibility.  At least we'll be there if he has a reaction to it. 

I whaled my elbow on my laptop so hard yesterday.  Honest to goodness,I started to think I broke it last night...it kept me up most of the night.  The rest of the night I had terrible hot-flashes...ugh.  Horrible night's sleep...I've been awake since 2 a.m.  So I know there won't be any upper-body going on with my arm but I can do legs.  Not sure what my cardio will be, at least I feel better than I did yesterday. 

bopper...two guys on the golf-course stopped me to ask about Lucy.  The one guy said he has 2 Shelties right now....and they're night and day...haha.

Okay ladies...hope you all have a wonderful day.  We're still trying to figure out what we're going to do with the weather.  I have a feeling the gym will be packed today, even more so than usual.  My neighbor(fairly new) said she hates this one too, and she was the GM of gyms out in Reno and Fallon.  I told you how hot it is, she said she looked at the temp and it was 78* in there and she never let theirs be set above 68*. 

Respected Contributor

Happy Friday everyone,  I just came in from walking the "hood"..the sun was trying to stay out and we haven't seen it in a long while...I just took in as much as I could and had my conversation with the man above!   Now I"ll do my strength and start some laundry.

Patty praying this works for DS, I'm so glad you will all be there in case he needs help..Glad you are feeling better today too but ouch on that elbow...Funny about the guy on the golf course...Shelties are a handful...Logan never stops when we walk outside on the trail..he runs from the time we leave the porch until we get back to the porch but he does keep coming back to see if I'm coming,,,he's my protector!

Nomless I hope you can get in the gym today without a crowd and your PF isn't bothering you too much.

Cater how nice of you to add Patty's son to the pray list,,,Very powerful and I"m sure it all helps...are you walking today ?    

Skylark how are you doing..?   

Tony pop in when you can, busy time of year and it goes in the blink of an eye.

Ok, enough sitting, time to do the strength and abs.

Be  Blessed and be Thankful!

Respected Contributor

I hope your elbow is OK, Patty.  Yes, please let me know if you think of the brand of shoe that might be good for PF.

Hi, Bopper and Cater.  Wishing you a good day.

I don't have anything to rort today.  I couldn't sleep last night either.  I was awake til 3 am or so, and as a result I slept later than usual.  I gotta say it is nice to be able to do so. There are times I'm grateful I don't have and 8am job.  Any way, I slept my workout time away.....by the time I got done doing necessary chores, I ran out of time to get a workout in.  

I splurged on a pair of Hochman PJs that arrived yesterday.  They're very nice and fit well.  Happy with the purchase.  I have succumbed to some of Q's easy pay offers.....I appreciate being able to spread out the payments.  I kept track of my purchases so I won't be surprised by my bill in future months.  

I am kind of warming up to my part time job.  I do like having my mornings free, and the forced schedule does serve to keep me on task with other things so that I'm busy most of the time.  That's a good thing.  Having all day free every day isn't good for me.  I was getting my workouts in, but I wasn't doing much else.  Living aimlessly was a bit depressing.

Regular Contributor

Hi Everyone-

I have been reading posts and a couple of times I've tried signing in I have had Internet or iPad issues. My iPad keeps shutting off for no reason- its really irritating cos there is no rhyme or reason. I wonder if the thing is getting old.

Anyway, the weather has been great! Everyday has been above average. They just predicted 65 for Christmas eve. I will take it!

The census at work has been all over the place- we go from full to 10 kids in a day and the. Bounce right back up. The hospital itself has been very full.

I continue to do a little workout here and there- not very good at it!

So hi to all- I haven't forgotten anyone - just aggravated when finding you.

Regular Contributor

Bopper- I forgot to add that I was thinking of you today.  My ffriend's husband is from Michigan and she was talking today about him going to school and having to take a bridge between the upper and lower peninsula when he was in college.