Respected Contributor

Re: Welcome to the December Exercise Check In

Hey all, Body Electric TV show today and a trail walk this afternoon. It's in the 30's today so feels warm.

FUTURE good job on the closet...like nomless said ya just have to go with it.

nomless our JC Penny closed down last year. I'll still look on Sephora's site though. Thanks and glad the gym wasn't crowded for you.

Pppmint how did all your decorating go? Do the cats ever try and climb the tree. I remember my friend saying her cat pulled the tree over LOL well not really funny {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Okie dokie good job on your consistency and I like my Pilates reformer..it really does stretch you out...FUTURE can attest to that too.

Making homemade scratch bread this afternoon to go with my homemade turkey soup...sounds like a very good dinner for us!

Have a wonderful day!

Valued Contributor

Another nasty day here...dark, dreary, windy, and rainy.{#emotions_dlg.glare}

I hit my head on the wall at the gym doing side-bends...hahaha!!! DUH!{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} I also tweaked my back a little lifting a chair this morning to move it, then I was throwing some boxes in the trash this afternoon and it spasm'd again...dh's back was doing it all last week and the guy he is traveling with said his is spasm'ing this week too. I think it's strange that so many people have the same thing at the same time, I've noticed that before...seems a few people's backs go out at the same time...weather?? Anyway, it feels fine now but tomorrow is leg day so I won't be doing dead-lifts, back-rows, or good-mornings unless I can't feel anything weird back there at all.

nomless and bopper...yes, the cats AND Lucy bother the tree! LOL! They mess with the tree-skirt the worst...grrrr. I went a year without one when they were younger because they kept breaking ornaments on it...now I keep them pretty minimal.

I did some filing, phone calls, and cards this afternoon...hate doing that stuff.

nomless...I still have $250 gift card to the Q to use from my birthday that I keep forgetting about. I didn't use the easy-pay either. I also have a $6 credit on my credit card...woo-hoo.{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} I know that won't last long.

Respected Contributor

It's crazy, Patty, when there are no deals around, I can find tons of stuff I want to buy. Then when a deal does fall into my lap, I can't find a thing I need or want. Drives me nuts. LOL about your furkids and the tree. I hope they lose interest in it soon.

Bopper, it's a shame your JCP closed. They were going through hard times, and still are I suppose. Last year they ousted the CEO who made it super bad. Since then, my local JCPs have really turned around. Lots of new stuff that's arranged nicely; they redid the lighting so it's easy to see stuff. I love JCP now. I sure hope they can turn things around. Homemade bread and soup for dinner sounds wonderful. Yuummmmm.

I'll do TG when I get home tonight. Today has been a crazy busy day, fingers crossed I get out of here at a decent time.

Valued Contributor

Nobody has deals like JC Penney and Sears. I am going to hate to see either go, if and when the day ever comes. The Sears down the street from us has the largest selection of children's clothes anywhere. And we live in a decent sized city.

I made it today! Just walked, but had a good little stroll. And I'm starting to feel better. Finally! I had started feeling really, really bad because sitting in class for so long had really done a number on me. I was even having trouble climbing stairs because of muscle weakness. Glad my strength is coming back quickly! I was starting to think something was really wrong. Fortunately, my muscles just needed to be used. {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Valued Contributor

nomless, I bought some OPI nail polish today called "Stainless Steel" and thought of you....it came in a 2 pack and the other one was a silver glitter which was too much for me so my gf and I split it! She's putting the glitter one in her daughter's stocking. But I think you'd like the Stainless Steel...it's a little out of my comfort zone. {#emotions_dlg.unsure} Although you probably would like the glitter one better!{#emotions_dlg.laugh} I'm going to wear it to the party tomorrow night.

I got the steroid shot in my ear for my cartilage infection(dermie said it might take 3 shots and sometimes that doesn't work and they have to do surgery to cut the cartilage out!{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}) and a spot froze off my chest, then picked my gf up and we went shopping. I got some new running gloves and a few other things. Bought my ds a sweater like the one dh wore up to Pittsburgh that my son liked so much, so that was a good find. I didn't remove my glasses(they're for far away so I can't see close up with them on) when I sent him a text and, oy vey, I reeeallly need to...haha!! He wrote back "WHAAAT?!!" Lets just say it isn't a text you expect to receive from your mother.{#emotions_dlg.blushing}{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Went for a run this morning, was only going to do a short one and go to the gym but it's the first day the sun was out so I turned right(longer route) instead of going straight and took advantage of it. Cool Still windy but I think that is just part of living on the water around these parts. Then I did some weights and hit that motion that presses my bone spur into a nerve...wowza! That's painful!

DH flies in tonight..yay!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Waving to everyone...keep it up Okey!

Respected Contributor

Okey, I'm happy you're enjoying the new JCP, too. I sure hope they (and Sears) can get back on their feet.

Patty, I looked up swatches...I love your OPI Stainless Steel. Bet I'd like the glitter, too. I hope you like SS once you get it on. It will be sensational at the party tomorrow. I hope your ear will be OK.

Let's see...tonight will be cardio. Another crazy busy day at work. I guess it makes the time go by quickly, but it sure gets hectic sometimes. No other news to report here. I'm still browsing Ulta to decide how to use my coupon. Today I got a Kashuk smokey eye brush set at Target. The brushes look interesting, and her brushes tend to get very good reviews.

Gotta go.....Bopper, Future, Tony, Cater, and all our friends: I hope you're having a good day!

Respected Contributor

Hi, all! I did Pilates today. Since I've been such a slacker lately, I can tell I'm going to be sore tmrw. :-/ I'd like to get up for spin tmrw am, but we shall see. I haven't been wanting to get out of bed lately. It's almost like my body needs the sleep bc we've been so busy. It doesn't help that everyone and his brother is sick right now. Ack!! I'm crossing my fingers and doubling up on Vit C! Okey, I LOVE my Pilates reformer. You really can get a good workout on it. It was a good investment for me. Well, I officially finished ALL of my Christmas shopping today. Just needed a few tiny things for secret Santa at work. Glad that's all over. Finished going over the Christmas menu with my mother last night, so I'm ready to roll -- after about 4 trips to the grocery store, of course. Haha!! Ok, hubby will be home any second, so I've got to get dinner finished. Hope you all have a nice evening!!
Valued Contributor

Got it done!!! 12 in a row!!

Respected Contributor

Good morning, all. What a night I had. I was sleeping, woke and turned over, and got a major leg cramp from my toes to my knee. OMG, did it hurt. I tried to stretch and massage it to no avail. I dragged myself out of bed and found that standing with all my weight on that leg helped. It finally released. I haven't had a leg cramp in a very long time, and I've eaten 2 bananas this week (the potassium is supposed to help avoid leg cramps). I have no clue why I got one last night. Ouch!

Yesterday I got the results of my spot biopsy. It was A-OK, just as the doc suspected.

Hi, Future, yay that your shopping is done! I hope you can just enjoy the season now. Have fun.

Okey, you're doing a great job!

Hi, Bopper and Patty. Patty, I hope you're happy with your Stainless Steel nails.

Valued Contributor

I am nomless! I painted them before I hit the pavement this morning(not sure how many miles I did...went a different route and just enjoyed the sun, water, birds, squirrels, my nails, etc...lol), they were even prettier in the sun, I kept looking at them!{#emotions_dlg.laugh} It dries faster and looks like it will wear better than regular polish too which is a plus. The sparkles are so tiny(more frosty) so I like that better than the bigger, chunky sparkles. Sorry about your leg cramp...they hurt like crazy!{#emotions_dlg.scared}

I was up a lot last night too...dh flew back in and Lucy was restless all night. Think she was making sure he didn't leave again...lol. We have that Ugly Christmas sweater party tonight and I'd MUCH rather stay home and watch tv...I'm beat! Doing all his laundry right now from the trip. Saturday we don't have anything except finish decorating, cleaning, and watching the Army-Navy game...can't wait!

I came downstairs this morning to the tree skirt all messed up and ornaments knocked off the tree.{#emotions_dlg.glare} I should set up a camera to see what all goes one when we're not here.

bopper...hope your headache is gone and everything is okay!

Okey...you're on a stroll...oops..roll.Wink

FUTURE...I load up on the Vit C too when everyone is getting sick. I even start drinking OJ because I think it works better than Vit C tablets. I don't ever catch anything so, of course, I swear by it...lol! I need to stop saying that because one of these days it's bound to hit me and I'll be knocked on my rear!{#emotions_dlg.unsure}