Honored Contributor

Re: Welcome to the December Exercise Check In

I'm now working on beefing up my husband, put on weight & build up his muscle mass since he's now cancer free and finally finished with all treatments. So he & I have begun our December exercise routine every morning right after we get up (@ 530A). I let the dog out, pull out some stuff to get ready for his breakfast before he leaves for work (I'm retired) and items for his lunch.

Feels good to drink water first thing out of bed prior to workout, then coffee. All of this feels good AND my prodding him to do this prods me as well - 2 for the price of one - SCORE!!!

Respected Contributor

Hey all, I'm still alive {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}still experiencing the headache but it is what it is and I"ll get through it. Laying low though. Sun is out and I have to pull the shades, go figure.

Any way it's very nice to see the new folks chiming in. Hi pink dogwood...love dogwood trees! Congratulations to your husband on being cancer free...what a blessing... Water is so good for you. I drink 20 oz before my feet hit the floor and try to drink at least 80 ounces every day.

nomless I sent the pillow back. I was fussing with it too much...oh well...I do like the pillow I have anyways but I did want to try it.

Pppmint you are one busy lady...hope you enjoy all the parties and festivities. Thank you for the well wishes. How is Lucy doing?

Okie dokey way to go! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Waving to everyone!

Valued Contributor

Soooo struggling today. Gotta get my walk in before dinner tonight.

Valued Contributor

I'm glad your head is better bopper. I know a lot of people that have been struggling with headaches this week...dh and I have had sinus ones. He was worse in Pittsburgh and I was better...go figure. I know what you mean about the light.

pink dogwood...so happy to read your husband is now cancer free!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} Water has been the first thing to go into my body every single morning for over 20 years now. My dh is working on putting on muscle too after his surgery...he's doing a new program and has even just received the go-ahead to use it as his Command as a test-bed for the military. They will have their own nutritionist, dietician, personal-trainers, and physical therapists.

Had a scary thing happen while decorating at church this afternoon. I was up on a big ladder where I shouldn't be, with it balanced on a cable(we were hanging the lights on the cable wire)...it was shaking and vibrating so I got down and said we need to pull the ladder out a little because the climb was straight up and down and with the cable not being a solid surface, the shaking ladder was making me dizzy...and it is a gymnasium so when I say I was up high, I mean I was up high, it is a huge construction(painting) ladder, not a regular house-ladder. My gf went to the move the ladder and it slipped off the cable and crashed onto the basketball hoop...scared everyone half to death. So thankful I had just climbed off!!!

Anyway, I just got home a little while ago and I'm pooped. I have to make a baby basket and need to decide if I'm going to bake some cookies or just bring my Peppermint Bark. I'm leaning towards the latter at this point.{#emotions_dlg.glare}

Oh...Lucy is fine. She got a new heating pad so has been in 7th Heaven...lol.

Respected Contributor

Wow, Patty, how great that you have all your Christmas prep work done. Now you can enjoy the season, while others are scrambling to get things done. It's a good thing you got off the ladder. I wouldn't have gotten on in the first place...I can do step stools, but ladders freak me out!

Pink, yea re: DH's recovery! The fitness plan you're doing together is awesome. You'll keep each other motivated.

Bopper, I hope your headaches goes away soon. I'm sorry the pillow didn't work for you. I love mine because it is so scrunchable...it sounds like that was what you didn't like about it.

Hi, Okey, it will be great if you get your walk in today, but if you can't, don't beat yourself up over it.

I bet my cats would like a heating pad like Lucy has. Good idea. Is she still guarding her bed so the cats can't get near?

I'll try to get in some cardio tonight. It's a sunny day here, maybe people will go for a run outside, freeing up the workout room.

Hi to Future and Tony and Cater and all our friends.

Valued Contributor

Got it in after dinner, but I got it in. Boom! 6 in a row. Smiley Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

For some reason, I decided to go to the lake after work yesterday instead of the gym. I'm so glad I did! It's raining today. The trails at the lake aren't groomed very well.

So yesterday, I went to the lake, did an old trail since I couldn't find the new one and that was my work out! I was home before sunset.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Valued Contributor

She LOVES the heating pad nomless, started spinning circles and crying as we were taking it out of the box...lol. Yes, she is still guarding the bed...I posted pictures on FB of her doing so yesterday. She's never in it but will lay by it, sniff it to make sure they haven't been in there, will sit by it, lay on the couch on her heating pad and stare at it, etc...just doesn't want to sleep in it or have the cats by it. It's been a battle because she goes after them and sometimes they're just walking through the living room! Might have to remove it. Let me know if you get your cats one...I keep the heat off most of the time so it's very cold in here, I might get our cats one too.

OkeyDokey...way to go!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} HonnyBrown...sounds like it worked out in your favor.

bopper...how's the head today?? I hope better. I looked at that pillow and knew I wouldn't care for it...I need "very firm".

Lucy and I are back but I'm sitting here waiting until 9:30 to go to the gym...one thing I hate about it but it's too darn crowded to go before. Was looking at recipes but I can't decide what I want to make...or wear. Might try the toffee bars and might go with my ugly Christmas sweater since I'm sitting at the "Tacky" table(all 12 tables are decorated with a different theme). My gf is wearing hers and we're sitting at same table.

DH went diving yesterday and took his wet-suit off off when he got back in the boat...his shorts and t-shirt were wet so said he could really feel the 43* sitting there soaking wet. Said when he was younger he wasn't bothered by it as much but he was with a bunch of young guys so had to let on like he was okay.{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} He was still chilled last night after his shower..lol!

Have a wonderful Friday everyone!!

Respected Contributor

Patty, LOL, about Lucy and her heating pad and her bed. It's funny that she won't sleep in her bed, but still guards it as hers anyway. I keep my heat at 63 most of the time, so my place is cold. I'm sure my kitties would love a heating pad, but I probably wouldn't leave it on when I'm gone (which is most of the time), and I'd worry about their claws getting through the fabric and into the wires inside it. I'm probably too concerned...it'd probably be fine. Your party is going to be fun! Go with the ugly Christmas sweater, LOL.

I have to work this weekend, so I get to go home early today. Yippee!!! When I get home, I'm going to go do some cardio.

Hi, Honny and Okey -- good job, Okey -- and Tony and Future and Cater and all our friends.

Bopper, I sure hope you're feeling better. Know I'm thinking of you.

Ok....need to go get a bit more work done.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi nomless!

I went to the gym today and did a very quick treadmill run to warm up. I did a full body weight session but focused mostly on upper body.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.