Respected Contributor

Re: Welcome to the December Exercise Check In

Hi all, it's snowing hard here and started with freezing rain...now it's that snow that is as heavy as lead....hard to push and shovel. Pretty though.

I did a program from On Demand this morning and then had to go to a hair appointment.

Nomless the owl sounds great. It's something I'd like...I still haven't seen the Fit Bit commercial. I'll look at your youTube link...

FUTURE hang in there, the week will be done before you know it.

Pppmint good luck with the ultrasound...do you have to have a scope or anything? I sure feel bad for you and all that work you have to do before you sell the house....why is it always something? Thinking of you.

Okie dokie are you Okay? Hope you are feeling better.

Waving to all, time to set my dinner table.

Valued Contributor

Happy Hump Day! Foggy as can be here.

We're heading out...playing racquetball then boxing with the big bags. Only place I'm going today though, coming home and getting cracking!

Oh...we have church tonight...forgot about that. But this afternoon I'm staying home and getting some things done...tons of phone calls, bills, cleaning, need to do some research on here, etc...stuff I hate doing...lol!

I agree with bopper, that sounds like a good hostess gift nomless!

Have a great day!!!

Respected Contributor

Hi all, another snowy day here and underneath it is ice....just did my deck...while Logan played. I did 10 miles on the bike this morning and sweated up a storm...the bike is near the wood stove....

Couldn't sleep to save my soul last night..about 4 hours but I"m not tired yet...wish I was a napper but I lay there and can't sleep.

Pppmint the boxing bag sounds great...maybe get one for your garage..and box away...

nomless hope your day is going good for you...Survivor tonight the finale.. Do you watch?

FUTURE hi and waving to you.

Okie dokie thinking about you, hope you are doing better

Oh oh here is the snow plow filling in my driveway...

Later all!

Respected Contributor

Bopper, be careful outside. Ice under the snow is not fun. It's cold and cloudy here, I think we might get some snow overnight. But nothing like you've had. BTW, I'm not a Survivor watcher. I know a lot of people who love it, and I've tried to get into it, but I always lose interest. I like other reality shows, I don't know why I can't get into Survivor. Enjoy the finale.

Patty, I hope you day of not-fun chores goes quickly. I'm happy you and Bopper think my hostess gift is OK.

I couldn't sleep last night either. I woke up every 30 minutes or so. Each time, I was happy I still had hours of sleeping time left, but I never got into a good sleep. As a result, I'm dragging today. After work, I'll do a cardio workout or a Katami DVD.

It's a very quiet day today; I don't have any news of interest. I hope everyone is having fun getting ready for Christmas. It's hard to believe it's almost here.

Valued Contributor

Morning! Yesterday was beautiful, felt like a spring day, almost 60*!! Back in the 30's this morning.

So, nomless, I didn't stay home...haha!! It was way too nice out. I did what I had to get done though.

Dh and I played racquetball, did the Boxing class(loved it, it's such a good work-out...love hitting that bag hard with sweat flying off of me, very empowering!), ran a mile on the treadmill, did some weights, walked and ran Lucy 2 miles, biked to dh's command and back, then my gf called asking me to walk at this place that's a really popular running/walking place, it was on Biggest Loser, so met her and did a few miles. Great day! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

I need the class environment with instructor screaming at me bopper...I wouldn't do it the same way if it was hanging in my garage...lol. I'm going to look into a few things here after the first of the year. The only thing I didn't like was being the only girl in there but the Thursday morning class is mixed.

So today is just core and a run or power-walk. Getting my hair done at noon...ugh...that's a 4-hour ordeal for me. I hate getting my hair done.

Okey...sure hope you're feeling better by now! FUTURE...hope you're able to catch your breath! We have 2 parties this weekend...then 2 next week.

Valued Contributor

I'm still around!!! Smiley Very Happy I haven't walked again yet. Just can't seem to shake this nasty cold. It seems to be ramping up for a ""second wind."" Arrrggghhh!

Valued Contributor

Boy, this place is dragging.{#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Okey, hope you feel better soon! That's what a few people have said that have it...they think they're getting better, start doing stuff again, and bam, they're back down with round 2.

Dinner was really nice last night except they didn't have salmon! Oh well, the scallops were very good and I haven't had them in ages. Have a Christmas party tonight and a graduation party tomorrow night. I can't believe Christmas day is almost here, went by so quickly.

My gf is coming this morning to work-out with me. She's going to show me where a really good Mexican restaurant is down the road from us...I think I know where it is, noticed one when I got my nails done. Said it's their favorite and it's very clean.

My car is in the shop...I told you my card wouldn't have a 'credit' for long!{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Well, I hope everyone is doing okay!

Respected Contributor

Hey all, I was on the trail this afternoon snow shoeing and did some triceps, biceps, quads and hamstrings in the living room...now have to bake some cookies for my neighbor who helps us with the driveway. He as a 4 wheeler with a plow so he takes the heavy plow stuff out for us..he lives alone so doesn't get many goodies.

Pppmint 60's, wow! Enjoy your parties...We love Mexican food

nomless I've watched Survivor from the very beginning..hubby and I love it...but I understand how you can lose interest. Are you losing interest in BL too?

FUTURE hope your weekend brings you some peace during this busy season!

Okie dokie sorry to hear your still under the weather...and this too shall pass! Take care...

Waving to all!

Honored Contributor

Hi Everybody - Wishing All the BEST of this season to continue into the New Year!

I'm jumping in here (get it - JUMPING!) to report this month hubby and I started our workout routine every morning hitting the equipment in the basement, get this, at 5:45AM!!! The alarm goes off at 523AM, by the time we get moving, let the poodle outside, turn on a couple of lights, we're good to go. We have enough really good equiptmnt that we can both GO at the same time. We started because he is a twice over cancer survivor and now a full 2 months after last chemo. He's feeling pretty good, side affects leaving his body, I'm doing my best to 'fatten' him up, build up better strength, and get his muscle tone back.

After being at this routine for 2-3 weeks now, I massaged his lower legs the other night and can tell what we're doing is working for sure. There's never been one time that we wavered or said let's skip today. It's such an automatic we're enjoying it!!! I certainly need the toning and workout so I'm not complaining either - feels so good in fact.

Respected Contributor

Hi, all! I managed to get to spin last night. I had work today and then errands, and have an appt at 3, family coming over at 5:30, then hot chocolate and Christmas lights with hubby for date night. Smiley Wink Tmrw is spin and starting to get stuff ready for people to be at my house this week. Lots to do, but I can git 'er done!! Smiley Wink Pink dogwood, loved reading about you and your hubby. Great that he's doing so well, and that you guys can support each other. Hope everyone either feels better or stays away from the junk that's going around here!! I need to get rolling!! Have a nice Friday evening, all, and be safe!!