Honored Contributor

Re: Welcome to the August Exercise Thread

[ Edited ]

Good Morning!  Not one leg lift, arm lift, crunch nor any other kind of exercise was done by me this morning.  LOL  Just didn't have it in me.  Maybe tonight.

@Mmsfoxxie - I've been to Africa 3 times.  Did a safari in 2013 and yes slept in tent cabins out in the bush; spent Christmas 2013 in Johannesburg; spent 2 weeks in Zimbabwe in August of 2014 with the family of a friend.  Love Africa.  My heart and soul are there.  Would go back today if I could but will have to wait.  It is a long flight but if its broken up, its not too bad.  I usually fly from SFO to either Dulles or Newark or NYC, then on to Johannesburg.  Right now I'm thinking of my next trip being to Kenya/Tanzania.

@bopper hope your dad is continuing to improve

@Laura14 enjoy your day off!  Good job on the weight loss!  Hope you figure out why you're having the nightmares. 

Everyone else enjoy your Wednesday!

Respected Contributor

Hey everyone busy morning, helped dad grocery shop, he's improving but he's very unsteaedy, then found out they misscharged us on one item so that means a trip back.  Got all that done and came home and worked out on my TG for 50 minutes, day 8 om my 14 day challenge in the books!   Bought lots of fresh produce today so figuring out a healthy meal with all of that.

Thank you Judy, dad is doing better, we take it day by day but at least he was out of the house today and seemed a lot like himself other than he is almost blind.  

It's only in the 50's here, can you believe it, after all this heat and humidity, it's 55 outside.  Needed a sweatshirt,,whoo hoooo....Remind me I won't be so excited  when snow flies...Haha

Enjoy your day everybody!

Honored Contributor

@bopper  Glad to hear he is doing well.  Heart

@JudyL  Also glad to have a fellow slacker today. 

Our bodies needs rest!  

Honored Contributor

@Laura14, I can understand your looking different, as well as losing way.  Congratulation!  The one thing I notice about me is that all weight is not created equally.  If I eat goods foods with normal proportions, I look good.  If I lost weight, cutting calories but eating negative nutrition foods, I lose weight or hold my weight but I don't look as good.  (Btw, my definition of looking good is not the same as it wed to me, lol). 😂. There is looking good at 40 or 50 versus looking good in your 70s.  The bar is lower.

Heres to the real deal people...Good Health!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie  That's what I thought it was.  After I stopped eating sugar a few years ago, my whole body looked better.  Now I don't eat dairy or grains and, after two months, it went to the second level with looks and a little weight loss. 

I don't care about being a swimsuit model because I never was and don't even get me started on the shriveling I am doing with my skin.  I just was in the kitchen yesterday looking at my arms and saying to myself when did I start to shrivel up and die? 

Was it Kate Hepburn who said aging is not for a sissy?  High five woman!        

Honored Contributor

I have a hard time sticking with any eating change/plan.  Right now I'm just trying to cut down on my sugar and carbs and eat healthier.  Which for me means, more salads and non-starchy vegetables.  I don't like them so its more of a forced thing for me to eat them.  

Got home tonight and did a 30 minute pilates floor DVD.  Glad I made myself do it even though all I wanted to do was get in my jammies! LOL

Honored Contributor

@JudyL Congrats on the workout. That's tough to do. I will tell you that when it comes to diet, just keep stepping down like you are doing. Eventually, you don't miss the bad stuff.

Just arrived to Power and it's just me and Adonis so far. Pray for the mirror. He has unrestricted access!
Honored Contributor

Okay so the class filled up and, after a brief memorial for the wasp that was killed several months ago, (this was during the gym's jungle days in the Spring), we did the hardest program ever.  All increased weight factors.

I told the instructor I really didn't like her after we were done and I meant it.  I may scare up my voodoo doll and have some more fun with her.  I may not be able to move tomorrow or later today.

Mrs. Rudeness found her neon again!  I saw a bright yellow flash and there she was front and center.  She decided to not participate in the class with a bar like you are supposed to.  Instead she found every color of the rainbow with the free weights and lined them all up.  She then tripped over them and took a flying leap to the floor.  The yellow neon shirt was a great caution hazard to stay clear of her space!  She's okay.

I was quite proud of myself in hanging with all the increased weight factors.  The shoulder track finally got me and I had to skip a few but obviously I have a new normal with some of the tracks and body parts which means I've gotten stronger.  Yahoo!

I have my last vacation day today which I plan to enjoy.  I have decided to be a housewife and do laundry and cleaning and watch soap operas and maybe cut the lawn although I will probably let that slide until Sunday.  I might start trying to move some stuff to my new space too.

Have a great Thursday all!   

Honored Contributor

Good morning everyone.  Boy, @Laura14, I wish I could do a very early class like you do, lol.  Now you have the whole day ahead of you to play or finish decorating.  Did you finish setting up your home gym?

I'm still thinking of your father @bopper.  Hope all is well.  

@JudyL, it's good to take a day off if that's what your body is telling you.

A big hello to the rest of the group.  🌊.

I have an 8:15 Zumba class to get to.  I might add 🚶 to the agenda.  (I love how these little icons pop up.  Enjoy 😊!!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie  I won't have movers until late September so right now my new space is just something pretty to look at.  I am pretty sure of the corner I have picked out for workouts.  I just need some rug or mat to protect the new floor and also to work out on I think.  Need to wait on some more paychecks too.  I had no idea how expensive home goods are!