Respected Contributor

Re: Welcome to the August Exercise Thread

Good morning, all!  I cannot believe we are halfway through August!  And MORE than halfway through the year.  Ugh--where does the time go.

@nomless, I am progressing well on the new routines.  Last week, I got the LaBlast stuff down on paper (for some reason, if I have a piece of paper to study, I do much better).  I'll put in a full practice every night until I really have them memorized.

We have a 'former' instructor in our Zumba class and I really don't like her style. I'm trying to be nice about it because I remember forgetting the routine in the middle and learning to cue, but she is the worst when it comes to cueing and her rountines are very complicated, so with no cueing, I end up standing there a lot. I wish our regular instructor would coach her like she did me.

My mom will be here Saturday and I am happy because I haven't seen her since March (she lives in Arizona.  And I don't.)  I just hope Kevin behaves--he's been kind of naughty recently.

Have a good day, y'all, see you tomorrow!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone...glad to see everyone is doing well and will stop at that so as not to leave anyone out. I read back a few and already forgot most of what I read...ay. I have too many irons in the fire so my memory is even worse than usual.

DS is still trying to survive until Friday's infusion...not good though. He's back on steroids but not Prednisone as he swore he'd die before he went on those again and he means it. And since he's almost died twice, his doctor said he can say that as he knows how it is...he(DS) there are things worse than dying and what Prednisone does to my mind is one of them. At least this steroid is keeping him out of the hospital but he's still in a lot of pain(so also doesn't sleep well because of the cramping) and constant diarrhea...then having school and work while being this sick is not pleasant. At least the bleeding has stopped...that's what he told us anyway, he down-plays everything and doesn't like anyone fussing over him.

I'm reading My Crazy Life: A Humorous Guide To Understanding Mast Cell Disorders and Never Bet Against Occam(about Mast Cell too)...trying to take the bull by the horns and get this disorder under control. I'm finding diet to be difficult as I can't eat so many things...giving up fish, avocado, many fruits and veggies(tomatoes being a big one) has helped A LOT with the angiodema, however fish was my main protein. Trying to figure out what my "safe foods" are...not easy as there are so many other variables. Doctor said I could try an infusion(there are a few drugs to try), but since I react to most meds, I'm VERY leery in trying any drugs at all, especially chemo-based ones, I see what they do to DS. The experience I had in May didn't help anything...not being able to breath is never a good feeling. 

Kit is doing well, I had a 3-hour vet appt(don't ask) last week for her. BP was great and she has regained some eyesight which they didn't expect.

Sorry I'm not very interactive here...but I do care about everyone and love to see how you're all doing.  It's just hard going through all of this while being in a new state and all the stuff that goes along with that(new driver's licenses, car inspections, new bank(ours isn't in this area, etc), not in  your own bed, living out of suitcase, new-house stuff, dealing with vet appts, doctor appts...no dryer for a week then when they brought the new one on Friday, they couldn't hook it up because it didn't fit the gas socket coming out of the wall which led to an entire day of dealing with it(2 trips to Lowe's, phone calls, delivery men, plumbers,etc). But everyone is telling us we're all handling things as they come better than most so that's good...lol.  My gf said it's a good thing I have such a sense of humor as most people would be in the nut-house...I said, "I think I already am...you haven't been here".Man Tongue  These dogs barking are enough to drive anyone crazy...they bark at a leaf blowing. 

DH is off to D.C. again today.  Wanted me to go with but too much going on. Laura, DH hurt his wrist doing bench-press last week, I though of you.  Said he thought he broke it at first and he doesn't say that too often, didn't even go to hospital when he first broke his back while parachuting. Glad yours is better.  Then I twisted my ankle getting out of the van at the dry-cleaners and couldn't walk, stood there looking around not sure what to do...haha.  Good grief, we're a mess! 

Anyway, I'm off to Pure Barre...they're staring Empower this month, it's a great class/work-out.

Okay, I'll try...so happy Mr. Bopper is well...Mssfoxxie you're impressive(weight-loss and work-outs...and Congrats on new gd!)...Dr.Kelli I'm glad you get to see your mom and are rocking your classes...nomless, I'm dealing with eye issues too(part of this disorder), it can be time-consuming and annoying(I have good Vision insurance for the first time in our over 30 years of marriage though so need to get back in there)...Laura, glad to see you back here and back at it with your weights...now I have to look back and see who I forgot! 

Have a great week everyone!!!  Thanks for prayers...means the world to me.

Valued Contributor

Dang it!  MickD...sorry, I knew I'd forget someone!  How is your foot doing...and your son?  Judy...how is kitty? 

Honored Contributor

@Iluvlucy  Save the medical bills and do Rest Ice Compression and Elevation.  I'd have my $2000 back and I think my wrist would still be in the same place than running around to doctors and therapists although the cast was fun for a little while.  

Continued prayers to you and your family.  Heart

Honored Contributor

@Iluvlucy - with all that you have going on, I can't believe you thought to ask about Monty.  He is doing great.  Once I figured out the problem was that he didn't like the litter boxes I had bought and got a different kind, he's been doing great!  Who woulda thunk it?!

Monty is still very skittish and I'm hoping he settles down as time goes on.  I feel for him when he gets that way cuz I know he feels scared.  A little concerned about how he'll take me being gone for 19 days but I have a great pet service that will come to take care of him and while they aren't living at my house while I'm gone, I know they will take good care of him.  It is the same service I used for my other cats.  I did arrange for once a week sleep overs so he will have at least someone at the house one night a week.  It's expensive but Monty is worth it. 

Please take care of yourself and you and your family are in my prayers.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Lucy, what a difficult time you're going through. Prayers for DS and you. Thanks for posting. We're worried about you and family.

Laura, yay that your wrist is getting better. Good that you're re being careful to not overwork it.

Judy, yay that Monte is styling in.

I

Ipicked up my glasses with the reground lenses today. They're much better than they were. I'm so glad I pursued the issue.

Honored Contributor

@Iluvlucy Prayers to you and your DS.  What an awful time to have health issues while being in the midst of building a house and moving to a new area.  

@nomless Yay new glasses!

@DrKelli I bet you're excited about your mom coming for a visit!

Happy Monday everyone!

3 mi/38.30 min....ugh.....I try not to eat before running....but was starving this a.m.....what a slug!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

Good morning, everyone.  So happy to be able to say that my hubby and I woke up just as healthy as we were yesterday and very thankful.  

@Iluvlucy, just reading your post yesterday made me realize my blessings....I couldn't even post about it at that moment.  I think we all are guilty of just going day to day and accepting our blessings as a given.  Any day, at any moment our whole lives can change.  I can only imagine the cloud this might be putting on the enjoyment of buying your new home and picking out all of the appliances, flooring or whatever it entails with buying a new house.

I hope you and your son improve everyday just as @bopper's husband has.  I admire your fortitude through this temporary setback because I know that is so difficult to do while keeping your sanity and still dealing with your everyday life.

@nomless, I hope those glasses work for you.  Sad but as we get older, our eye health has to be watched very carefully.

Ok...my agenda for today:  Body and Sculpt, Flexibility and Zumba.  As I've said before, Tuesday is my favorite workout day.  I wish I had the energy to go back to the center in the evening for the line dancing because it's a lot of fun.  But it ain't happening today folks, lol.

I'm thinking of that song, "This is the day that the Lord has made.  I will be glad and rejoice in it".  Enjoy your day everyone.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Left work early yesterday and snuck off to the gym for a half hour biking session.  I biked through Sonoma, Provincetown, and I think Cape Cod.  I'm kind of falling in love with the virtual bike machine.  I wish it had more scenery though.  I'm kind of over the Jersey waterfront and even Italy believe it or not.  You would think they would be nice but not so much, in my opinion.  California and New England are my favorites so far.

This morning I did my normal Pound and Power.  I was so excited I got through most of the bicep curls with the bar.  I couldn't do that  last week because my wrist still has a hard time turning upwards like that.  It was a low rep routine but I got most of them in.  I can't wait for this soreness and stiffness to go away for good so I can back to my true weight.

Have a good workout everyone!

Honored Contributor

Good workout, @Laura14 especially considering you've been semi incapacitated.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)