Honored Contributor

Re: Welcome to the August Exercise Thread

Good morning Everyone!  Getting closer to the weekend!  YEA!  My daughter, son-in-law and I are going out of town for the weekend.  It's my birthday weekend and their anniversary and we've been invited to an event north of Sacramento so will drive up early afternoon on Saturday, spend the night, and drive home Sunday after breakfast.  It'll be a fun outdoor evening event with other people we know, music, food, etc.  Its at someone's farm.  Should be a lot of fun.  A nice, difrerent way to spend my birthday.

The next couple days I will be busy getting myself ready, as well as Monty, for being gone overnight.  Called my cat care person and she'll come over on Saturday evening and Sunday morning.  Even though she knows where everything is, I still like to have everything out for her that she'll need.  Plus by the time we get home early Sunday afternoon, I know I'm going to want to relax the rest of the day so want to have next week's grocery shopping done, laundry done, etc.  Sometimes with all the stuff I need to do before going away even for just one night, I need an extra day off when I get home!

No workout this morning.  Maybe tomorrow!  Enjoy the rest of your Thursday!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone!  Thanks for thinking about my sweet Rex.  His appetite is pretty good.  I made rice yesterday and mixed it with soft cesar dog food (free samples I got awhile ago).  He had some for lunch and dinner.

He went for a short walk last night.  A couple hours after we pilled him I thought he was gonna get sick, but he didn't.  I slept poorly last night, so no run today.

He is much better today.  He likes to face plant and bulldoze on his side into the carpet and roll on his back.......especially after a good meal.  He did that this morning.....he's so resilient!

I took this pic yesterday.  Sammie just loves him so much!

P_20180801_161723.jpg

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

@JudyL we were posting at the same time.....  Have a wonderful birthday weekend.....sounds like fun!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

Wow...talk about a picture being worth a thousand words @MickD.  Poor doggy!  I'm not into pets much but that's a heart tugger of a picture!  Hopefully, Rex will be up and about soon.

@MickD wrote:

Hi everyone!  Thanks for thinking about my sweet Rex.  His appetite is pretty good.  I made rice yesterday and mixed it with soft cesar dog food (free samples I got awhile ago).  He had some for lunch and dinner.

He went for a short walk last night.  A couple hours after we pilled him I thought he was gonna get sick, but he didn't.  I slept poorly last night, so no run today.

He is much better today.  He likes to face plant and bulldoze on his side into the carpet and roll on his back.......especially after a good meal.  He did that this morning.....he's so resilient!

P_20180801_161723.jpg

@MickD wrote:

P_20180801_161723.jpg

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Birthday weekend, @JudyL?  I'm doing a birthday month, lol.  My birthday is today but we went out to dinner at a really nice restaurant about a week ago because that restaurant was giving a free bottle of wine to its wine club members only in the month of July.

Tomorrow, we're going to Red Robin for my free birthday hamburger so hubby will only have to pay for his.  Then, on the 11th, I have a birthday luncheon with one Red Hatter group and on the 23rd with another Red Hatter group.

I smartly did my monthly weigh in yesterday and will probably have to starve after the 23rd to make up for all of these celebrations, lol.  But how often does a girl reach 71?

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie

Happy Birthday August Baby!!!!

Honored Contributor

Good for you @Mmsfoxxie!  A friend took me to lunch today, then I'll have the weekend and who knows what else will come along but I will certainly enjoy all of it.  My birthday is actually on Sunday.

Enjoy all of your birthday fun!

Honored Contributor

@MickD  that is such a sweet picture of your dogs.  Sammie is trying to let Rex know that he's there for company and hopes he feels better soon.  Sammie is asking for a belly rub!

Honored Contributor

Good morning everyone!

@JudyL, well happy birthday in advance.  

The 5th is also my grand daughter's birthday who will be one year old.  Her parents are having a bd luncheon for her and we are leaving tomorrow to go to Las Vegas to be there.  Last week they had what they call a Smash photography session for her.  Never heard of that but it involves pictures taken of her in many poses and a beautiful bd cake that she plays with and eats and maybe smashes it.  She didn't fully cooperate, though, lol.  She got tired of them trying to position her, etc.

The bad thing about this family occasion is that my ex husband will be there.  He and my husband have been in the same room with each other at a couple of funerals but never introduced that I remember.  Definitely never had to make small talk.  Ugh....pray for me, lol.

Senior Cardio and maybe a walk.  Have a great day everyone.

Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!  Finally FRIYAY!!!

@bopper, when I was doing the SPLASH classes, I got a little carried away with the arm work and did something to my shoulder.  When you are in the water, you don't realize that the resistance is quite strong with some of the moves and boom--shoulder injury or aggravation of old injuries.

@Mmsfoxxie, Happiest of birthdays to you!!

Well, I ticked off my (not) most favorite plant manager again.  I am swamped at work and didn't go to their safety meeting this morning (for the 2nd month in a row) and got a snotty email about how they want me out there 2 days a month.  Right now, I've got a bunch of stuff going on for corporate and a trip to NM to another plant for their OSHA audit and I don't have time to go out and "observe them work".  Seriously--that's what the guy wants me to do.  They are grown men and don't need a babysitter.

Today is just some strength training and then 1/2 day Friday!!!  I need to get some dog food on my way home, but then I'm going home and take a nap.  I'd like to see The Spy who Dumped Me this weekend.  Mom and I saw Mamma Mia 2 last weekend and I loved it!  I'd see it again and I pre-ordered the dvd too.

Hope you all have a great weekend!  See you back here on Monday!