Honored Contributor

Re: Welcome to the August Exercise Thread

@DrKelli  My moniker is Boss Satan.  

I actually have grown men and women staging tantrums because the new owners have rewarded that type of behavior.  We actually had someone put their hands on an employee and the management chose to do nothing.  Smiley Surprised  

I've never seen anything like it and next week is my 16 year anniversary.  I am currently wokring primarily from home and will continue to do so until someone wakes up.  If someone puts their hands on me, which almost happened Friday, the company won't have enough money to pay me off.

I am talking to my brother in law tonight.  He supposedly can get me into the hospital with zero experience so fingers crossed.  

It's amazing how low we have fallen as a society when we allow our coworkers to be abused and just stand by when the solution is simple.  The person doesn't have access to your place of business anymore.  How hard is that?

Glad to know I am not alone in the trenches.  Heart 

Respected Contributor

What you are describing happened on a daily basis in H*LL.  I wish I would have thought to record some of the conversations, including one where a foreman was literally screaming at me for 15 minutes over the phone.  Another foreman was in my office and heard every word.  I did complain about it and one of my direct reports also complained about it because the same foreman called me every name in the book to that employee and he was offended FOR me.  The VP of Operations wouldn't let the HR director do anything, but rather said "Let me talk to him".  It settled down for a while and then started up again right before I quit.  I found out the guy was fired a couple years later for this behavior.  I'm pretty sure someone went to the labor board because it was the only way to get it to stop.

Respected Contributor

Hey all, things are going along pretty well here, hubby is doing good and we are walking about 25 minutes a few times  a day and it's over 2 miles now.  We have appts. this week for some follow up but he's bored now so that's a good sign.  This isn't like "retirement" he said, and it sure isn't.

I went today and ran some errands, nice to just be able to go alone and not worry about him here at home.   Still learing about low sodium foods and trust me everything out there has a lot of sodium even the whole turkey's you would cook at home.  But we are adjusting .  He has lost 21 pounds since his surgery, which is good. Dr. told him to lose more weight.  He wasn't obese by any means but needed to lose about 25 pounds.  Some of the weight loss was the fluid from after surgery but he's still losing and so am I.  Just eating very carefully and I am only walking at this point, not much else.  I'm always busy doing something for him or in the house or yard but am not minding it either. 

DrKelli and Laura your situations sound terrible and I don't blame you at all Laura for working from home, nobody should be treated like that.

Lucy are you doing okay.  How is the house coming, and how is DS and DH?  

Foxxie, nomless, MickD, Judy ( and even you Tony)  how ya'all doing ?

Well the washer stopped so better get that.  We had terrible storms last night, and my yard had standing  puddles in it.  Today is only in the 60's but so muggy out.  

Later everyone!

Honored Contributor

@bopper  So good to hear!  Congrats for you and your DH!  Heart

Honored Contributor

3 mi/35.30 min on the treadmill.

Happy Tuesday everyone!

@Iluvlucy Here's the latest pic....P_20170819_155821.jpg

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Valued Contributor

Wow MickD, that's quite the pond!  You'll have to show us the final project, I bet it's going ot be beautiful.  I was thinking about one with our fire-pit area but I decided against it.

Always glad to hear DH is recovering well bopper.  Yes, weightloss is diet, I say it all the time...80 to 90% is diet as far as losing pounds goes.  I feel your pain, try finding healthy food without histamine, it's been so challenging. I've had to give up A LOT of my healthy foods I lived on...like fish and most veggies and fruits. Some like fish and tomatoes I will never, ever eat again either...life and death issue.  And doctors said I needed to start eating 'more' sodium...lol. 

Been up since 4, kids have a medical appt down in the city this morning which is an hour away.  Then I have an early Barre class, then have to fly home and get Kit to take to the vet so they can keep her a few hours and space out a few blood-pressure readings.

Wow, we had crazy storms yesterday. DS said the hospital went into storm code and locked it down.  We got so much rain in such a short period of time, there was bad flooding, trees down, garbage cans all over, etc. It took DH forever to drive home from work as there were accidents all over and streets closed from flooding.  I was in Walmart for the first one so had to get home to the dogs...and they were freaked out!

I picked out my granite yesterday. At this point..whatever!  I didn't want to wait for next slabs to come in, not like it as much, and have these slabs sold. And it was so hot in that warehouse...I debated for 30 minutes but the guy showed me how he could cut out the one brown spot(it's grey and white marble but had a touch of natural brown) so it will be a non-issue.  I only want the grey and white.  I got quartz for my center island and guest bathroom but didn't like any of the grey and white for the counter-top, it looked fake to my eye. I know it's the "in" thing but I liked the granite better. 

Laura, good you can work from home, I didn't have that option. He was the owner/boss so I had to quit or it would never have changed. 

Valued Contributor

p.s...Dr.Kelli, I hope your shoulder is better.  My neck is killing me so think I'll have to make another appt for that.  Not sure i want to know if it's gotten worse, it was pretty bad the last MRI.

Mmsfoxxie...I hope you enjoyed your classes yesterday!  I'm dreading mine this morning but know I need it so I'm going to power through until I master it.  Tomorrow I get to hang from the celing in Pilates so I'm looking forward to that.

Oh, one thing I'm mad about is my Empower classes are all "waitlist" already for the entire week and weekend.  I'm taking one on Friday and that was the only one I could get into. I hope this isn't going to be a problem...when I'm paying, I want to go to the classes I want to go to! 

Frequent Contributor

lol,.. first time I seen this thread, but have to ask - bopper,.. in post 1, did u photograph that beautiful swan pic? .. it was.. remarkable... perfection at its finest..

Honored Contributor

Good morning, everyone!  I won't even pipe in about the bad and condescending bosses.  Been there myself, lol.

I'm so glad that everyone is either well or on the mend.  It makes life so much easier.

My gas hand is showing one bar so I've got to make getting gas this morning my # one priority this morning.  Less people at the station anyway.  Then to the grocery store and lastly, the center for a good walk.

Enjoy your day everyone.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

I have been a slug all day.  I actually slept on my couch last night just for a change and then made myself French Toast before work.  I highly recommend treating yourself like this.  Smiley Happy  

I am not all bad.  I have made all of my 250 steps so far on my Fitbit and I plan to mow down the lawn after work.  It's getting to be a jungle and I think I have aggravated my neighbors enough.  Time to plug in and go up and down the great big hill.  I can not wait until Fall begins and the mower goes bye bye for the winter.  

Have a great Wednesday and @Iluvlucy hope you survive barre class!  I feel like I should have the Red Cross standing by outside.  I am still not over that post.  Heart