Respected Contributor

Re: Welcome to the August Exercise Thread

Hey all, we're all still 'kickin' here, just been busy and haven't had the energy to come here and type.   There's a lot of care Open Heart patients need and then I'm doing all the regular chores and taking care of Logan too.   But not complaining in the least.  Thank you all for the prayers and well wishes, they are working.   DH is starting to complain about being bored so that's a good sign, although he has 4 more weeks of it  LOL...I got him crossword puzzle books to do and he plays cards on the tablet.  I don't know how to play cribbage or I'd play with him.  I am terrible at cards and counting.    I finally had my hair done today, it felt great and relaxing.

Lucy I hope Lucy will be okay with the coyotes around there.   Sounds like that fence you are speaking of though will be a great idea, how high will it be, I wasn't aware the coyote would jump it Dr.Kelli.   But I suppose why wouldn't he too.  Lucy sounds like the house is coming along good and soon you will be in and feel more relaxed, praying for the infusion tomorrow that all goes well and for you and your illness too.  I haven't tried a Barre class, I too have the dvd's and I remember my hip cramping so bad, not a workout like ache from holding my leg up but a real cramp and it didn't go away very fast so I quit doing Barre and my left toe hurts if I am on my tip toe so I don't think I could do it anymore.  

I've been able to do my walks though and it's my time to just be with 'myself' which I need, doing the Bodyblade which I still like and feel and my arms are looking more cut.  

foxxie anymore red hatter stuff going on for you!   How is your hubby doing?  

Dr.Kelli my DIL said it's still quite warm there but she said they don't have the humidity we have.   Today it's 85% and it's not that warm, about 75 but the humidity all week has been in the 80's and for me that's just plain muggy and miserable.

Judy how are you doing?  Sorry if I have forgotten what ya'll have said but I wanted to pop over and say things are progressing, hubby is in no pain, I'm being the nurse, the Warden and the handyman but we are getting on okay.

Take care everyone!  More normal days will be coming I"m sure!!!  

God Bless!

Respected Contributor

Wow, @Iluvlucy, that class sounds like it is really hard!  They have a couple of barre classes where I go, but they are at times that I am already taking something.  Maybe I will try to mix it up with that instead of a boot camp class.

Class went well today--only a couple of mistakes and no one seemed to notice!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

This morning I am moved to say....."This is the day that the Lord has made.  I will rejoice and be glad in it".  Feeling especially thankful this morning.  Sometimes just looking at the tragedies  of others puts your life, not only in perspective but helps you realize how ungreatful for blessings we have been at times.

You Ladies rock!  

Senior cardio this morning and maybe a walk.  And try to eat clean.  

Oh....really enjoy my spa day yesterday.  The massage was kind of lacking (barely felt it) but that just tells me not to do it there next time.  The masseuse was new.  Also, it would have been better to have the massage before the facial because laying on the table on my stomach with my face in that cradle thing caused crepy lines in my face that were still there last night....my age, lol.  I did mention that and got an apology but t was due to scheduling.  The lines are gone this morning.  So now that I've written this down, maybe I should say I enjoyed, not really enjoyed my spa day, lol.

Enjoy your day!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

So glad dh is doing well bopper and you could update us! Bored is a good sign. We're 99% humidity but only 71* so it wasn't terrible out there this morning. I don't think we'll ever see "normal" days...lol...haven't had any for so many years and with DS's illness, it's never going away so this is just going to be how we live. No light at the end of the tunnel...other than when I'm going home to Glory...haha! 

Dr.Kelli...I did a few classes at my last gym and liked them, they weren't near as hard as yesterdays class though! That was terrible...I'd rather have run an 8-minute mile and done 200 burpees without stopping!  Oh no, we'd never leave Lucy out alone...can't do it with her size. A hawk or eagle could carry her off. I know they can jump fences but the slats are more for fox, racoon, etc...and the grandpups when they're over as the one will try and get out.

I met a lady that has a landscaping business so we're going to get an estimate from them for the new house. She's the one that has lost 55-lbs and said yesterday's class was the hardest one she's taken in 2.5 years. I still like the Empower one best.

We met electrician at new house before 5 last night and didn't get out until 7...and it was over 90* in there...ugh!  Lucy was panting, dh had to take her out to sit in A/C in car a couple of times. Think I got it all though...ended up with more recessed lighting that I was alloted, so once again, that's an upgrade that we'll be paying extra for.  But I need good lighting and plenty of switches.  And they can't hang the chandeleir over my free-standing tub like I wanted because of code, it's against the law. It's hard to say where you want everything when you can't see the finished space. 

I have a lot to do today before DS's infusion...need to make a couple of changes with the lighting people even though I'm sure they already ordered them...and my under-cabinet lighting wasn't on the electrician's paper-work.

Going to head out, wanted to hit the trails but too wet so I'll do my long hill route. Busy weekend with early morning plans so won't be on here...hope everyone has a good one!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

See if this works...a clip of Empower/Platform class.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxmEG8_etkI

And this is regular Barre class...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RV38RTDGCkU

Wrong one..lol...oh well, you can still see some of the exercises...I felt his pain.

Honored Contributor

Still deciding what to do today after work.  I may hit the gym for a ride through the virtual woods again, go for my normal hike through the real woods, or just do some running at home.  I wish I lived near @DrKelli so I could try Zumba.  I could give the world a good laugh with my dance moves.  

Four more vacation days to take before month end so I am taking Monday and next Thursday and then another two days the following week so I will be a part time worker through Labor Day.  That has lifted my mood considerably.  Smiley Happy

I also got some possible major news on the career swap front.  My brother in law has been talking me up for a possible interview at the hospital where he works.  I am trying to get into pharmacy and I can't believe a hospital would even consider me but apparently he can supposedly get me an interview once I am finished with my program.  

Kind of put it all on hold after breaking the wrist but I am in full blown catch up mode now to really know my stuff so I can get ceritifed and do the externship and get done and out of the awful job I am in now.  I teared up when I heard he had asked about me and done that.  Sometimes in-laws are just the best.

I will stop talking about hospitals since I know some of you have had quite enough of them.  Continued love and support for you and family members overcoming their health issues.  Heart  Taking @Mmsfoxxie's advice and being grateful today.  

Happy Friday all!       

Respected Contributor

@Laura14, I would love to have a class with all of you!  That would be so much fun.  And believe me--I've seen it all in Zumba classes and I am one of the most uncoordinated people on the planet and I still have fun.

There was one very odd thing yesterday, a woman came in and she made it a point to come up and ask me if it was Zumba, I told her yes and asked her if she was new--yes--so I told her I was happy that she was there and she said "Well, I'm just going to do my own thing because I need to keep my heart rate up".  I thought--first of all, my heart rate is up the entire class, second--why not just hang out on the functional floor instead of disrupting class doing your own thing.  Which she did.  For 45 minutes.

My mom is coming tomorrow for 3 weeks so I will be glad to see her.

I did something to my shoulder Wednesday night (I think it might have been some of the Paso Doble moves) and I was in agony most of the day yesterday.  The pain has decreased somewhat today, but is still about an 8.  Me no likey.

I hope you all have a wonderful day and weekend!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bopper I am glad that your DH is doing well!  Getting bored is a great sign!

@Iluvlucy Can you still have the chandelier in the middle of the bathroom?  I love that look!

@Mmsfoxxie You go gal on the 3 + milers!

TGIF everyone!

Did 3 mi/36.30 min on the treadmill

...the shotcrete guys are here....yay....counting the days!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

Good morning everyone.  @DrKelli, enjoy your mom's visit.  Hopefully, she's not one to cook a lot of good food, lol.  I'd love to take your Zumba class, too.  The two that I take are unique to each other and I'd enjoy doing a third.  Do you see a sports doctor when injured or your regular doctor?

@Iluvlucy, thanks for the YouTube links.  I stayed on that page for a long time viewing several videos.

@bopper, good that your hubby is still getting better.  Your husband seems to be a good patient.  When my husband was recuperating, I secretly wanted to gagged him, lol.  Since he couldn't do stairs for about a week, he slept downstairs and if I was upstairs too long, he'd call me.  I was way too popular, lol.  He was a big baby as most men are when they get sick.  He had three surgeries, one per year for three years.  The first surgery was the worst....very scary because we didn't know if the doctor was going to be able to get all of the cancer.  Thank God, he did.

Anyway....Zumba this morning.  And I might go walking in that park that I went to last week if it's not too sunny.  The nice thing about that walk trail is you know if you just keep walking, you do 3.6 mikes without repeating the same scene as I would inside doing laps.  Nice to have options.

Warmest regards to those that I didn't mention by name.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Good morning, everyone.  Hope your day is great!