Super Contributor

Re: Welcome to the August Exercise Thread

@bopper wrote:

Hey everybody, just a quick check in, yesterday was the hardest day of my life.  5 hour surgery, 4 bypasses and the dr. told me " your husband was hanging by a thread, his next trip would be the funeral home"  Seriously I kid you not, that is what he said.  He is still diseased, but he is 90% better than when he came in.   Dr. is very pleased with his progress today, not even 2 hours out and he's sitting in a chair and took a short walk, not saying he's comfortable or that was easy because it wasn't but it's progress.   I am beyond tired, it's like I can't sleep to save my soul, but at least my body is resting in bed.   

So that's the progress thus far, thank you all for you continued prayers, long road ahead but day by day.

Be Blessed everyone!

Hi, Bopper

I follow this thread even though I don't post on it. So glad your husband made through surgery ok and is doing better. I will continue to pray for you both. Hoping you can get some much needed sleep. ❤️

Honored Contributor

Good morning all.  That's a very blunt doctor, @bopper.  But I guess some things can't be sugar coated.  I'm so glad that hubby's progress is good.  It's amazing to me that they had him taking a short walk so soon!  Fear of blood clotting, I guess.  We pray to God for continued healing and that you now have more peace and get rest.  I hope the hospital isn't too far from your home.  That can be an added stress, too.

Thanks for giving us an update.

It's off to Zumba for me this morning.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

@bopper, thanks for posting an update. I hope you continue to see progress every day Prayers continue.

Honored Contributor

@bopper  Wow!  Your husband was up in a chair so soon after surgery!  He is going to be running marathons soon!  Doctors don't mince words, do they.....that is freaky scary.  Thanks for giving us an update.  Sending you all healing thoughts and prayers.  I hope you can get a little rest!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

My continued prayers and thoughts for @bopper and @Iluvlucy.

Have a good day everyone.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Hey everyone,  thank you from the bottom of my heart for all your prayers and love.  He is making outstanding progress, the dr. said he will most likely go home tomorrow already!  He is one of their fastest recovering patients ever!  I know his age is a plus and he was healthy going in other than he has heart disease but he wasn't weak anywhere else.   About the Dr ( cardiologist) yes he is a straight shooter but I respect that too, we need to know it straight and not sugar coated.   I had to chuckle as we waited in ICU waiting room for word because his entire family was with me as well as my 2 sisters and because the waiting room was full they decided to order a few pizza's to be delivered as it's the easiet thing to deliver to a crowd.   So the dr. comes in to finally give us the word and after he's done talking to us he turns and starts to walk away and my older son ( a joker) said " hey care for a slice of pizza"   He, turns and with a little smurk says " no thanks, but I do suggest you all get your Cholosterol checked!  As soon as they ordered that I thought something like that may happen.   And for the record I did not eat any!  So today my plan is to get my grocery list ready, label reading, and after I visit him I'll go to the store and get what we need to get through this week.  I don't want to leave him to go shopping, I'd want someone here to sit with him.  And get this, the inside door handle of the car broke and I can't get out without climbing over to the passenger side, so I laid in bed last night thinking "how can I get him out of the car if I can't get out first"....that needs to be addressed today with my son.  And I can't put the window down to use the outside handle as the windows won't go down.  I know, we have junky cars.  It's a Camry but the electric windows are broke.  Anyway I digress, Have a wonderful day everyone!

Respected Contributor

@bopper, yay for the great news! I can feel how reliev3d you must be. I bet it will be kind of relaxing to do normal things like going to the grocery. I know you're wise about good nutrition. The most difficult part might be getting your DH to enjoy healthy low fat food. Obviously this was a huge wake up call, so I hope he goes with the program without complaining too much

Hugs and prayers, girlfriend. What a long week It's been for you and family.

Honored Contributor

@bopper  so good to hear from you that the surgery went well and your husband is recovering so fast!  Prayers do work!  Changing one's eating habits is never easy but I'm sure your husband will do fine.  So glad to hear he is going to be going home so soon.  

Will continue to hold you and Mr. Bopper and ILoveLucy in my prayers and thoughts.

Hope everyone is having a good Sunday!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@bopper Your husband is definitely doing amazingly well!  I hope you get all your to-do's done before he comes home!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

Lol, Lord, @bopper.  That doctor is a hoot!  He's assuming that you eat this way all of the time.

Well, I hope your hubby is not as hard headed as mine and eat as he's told.  Mine ate pretty well for a few weeks and still does fairly well but he just st hates veggies and won't he enough of them.  Thank God your guy was in good shape already.  I hope they can give you a reason that the heart attack happened.  I know sometimes there's just no foreseen reason.  A lot of athletes and clean eaters have had sudden heart attacks.