Respected Contributor

Re: Weighted Blanket experience

@Laura14 Thank you for your post..I was toying with getting one but you confirmed my concern that it is not good for pain..I have ra and sometimes have joint pain at night. In addition, I am a “hot “ sleeper..so that makes it a double no.

enjoy yours.

Honored Contributor

@sydsgma1  If pressure would make you hurt, not the item for you.  And it is a warmth generator just by being what it is.  I hope you find something that works better for you soon.  Heart

Honored Contributor

I move around during sleep...having a weighted blanket on me to hinder that would drive me crazy! Not for me.
Esteemed Contributor

Sounds fabulous! I also have RA, lupus and other painful health issues - and have been cold-blooded forever. Love sleeping under several heavy quilts and/or thick down comforters. This sounds like it is meant to be for me! Thanks, @Laura14

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Trusted Contributor

@Laura14

Hi, just wondering if you're still liking the weighted blanket? I'm usually warm so concerned it would be make me too warm, although I could push it off if I got too hot. I like the concept of of the weight for 😴 sleeping, as I get up a lot to go to the bathroom and sometimes toss and turn before falling back to sleep.

Anyway, I was curious if you're still liking it and think it's worth the money, and if anyone else purchased one and cared to share their experiences too. TIA!

⚓️
Honored Contributor

@LoveMyBaby  I love it.  I sleep with it every night.  I have gotten used to the weight so it's not as heavy as it was the first night.

Mine is warm.  Now I do have it on top of a comforter and sheet sets but if you do not like to be snug, you probably would not enjoy the experience. 

I have used it alone as a blanket and I would still say it's warm.  It's not breathable like a true blanket and it is obviously weighted so it is in contact with you at all times.  

No problem at all throwing it off but it does take more effort than just a toss of the hand.  

Honored Contributor

I've always liked the weight of a heavy quit or comforter on me. Now I know there is a logical explanation for it. I used to get teased about sleeping like a bug in a rug.

Trusted Contributor

@Laura14 That's great to hear, I'm sure one is in my future some day, I'm intrigued by it and think I'd like it. I'm in the research mode right now. Thx again!

⚓️
Respected Contributor

I heard of these last yr about this time. I was/am suffering from anxiety issues, especially at night. I could not afford the actual weighted blankets, but I did add an extra blanket on top of my spread & another velux blanket, I keep on my bed 24/7/365. I could tell a difference the extra weight made. I felt more relaxed & slept somewhat better. I wish I could afford the real thing. 

Honored Contributor

I’m thinking of getting one but the kind I’m interested is made with a fabric that is cool and it is washable.