Honored Contributor

For those of you who were wondering, my 15lb weighted blanket arrived yesterday. 

First, I really wanted the 20lb even though 15lb was recommended for my size.  I am just over 100 pounds.  Stay in your lane!  This was plenty of weight for me.

I slept with it over top of me last night with my sheets and comforter.  I am always cold and my windows were open after the hurricane went through for our first Fall night. 

I did wake up with a bit too much warmness in the morning but it didn't bother my sleep and I did have two other coverings beside the blanket so I can't blame it.  You are definitely snug in a rug though.  

It feels exactly like what it is.  A heavy weight on top of you.  Not crushing but you are underneath a solid but moveable linen. 

If you have aches and pains, I would not recommend this.  The weight on top of your body would probably aggravate if you have painful pressure points.

If you do not, I recommend trying it.  I have woken up like clockwork for the past several weeks at around 1am.  And then I can't get back to sleep for a while, if at all. 

With this on top of me last night, I made it to 3:30am and fell right back to sleep five minutes later until my regular wake up time before work. And I feel like my sleep was much more restorative than it has been in a long time.

You may need to find a sleep position that works for you with the weight now on top.  I also think there is an adjustment period with your body having weight on top of it which I am still working through.  It wasn't bothersome enough to disrupt me or my sleep but it's definitely a change you feel. 

I loved my first night with it and look forward to using it again. I think I am really going to love this in the winter when I'm laying on a couch with a book or tv.  My heater may get a break.  Thumbs up from me so far!     

Honored Contributor

Re: Weighted Blanket experience

@Laura14  Hi Laura, did you get your new blanket here on the Q or elsewhere?  I love quilts, always have and I have a ton of them. A few are definitely winter weight. They do get heavy on the body for sure and make moving around a tough but I can say we are WARM through those cold winter nights.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PINKdogWOOD  I was all set to buy the Q2 Big Deal a few weeks ago but then I found a cheaper one that actually has a matching sleep mask (LOL I did not try that out last night!) from Amazon.  The brand is Softan and I believe it was around $80.   It includes the cover which is very nice and silky.  Plus removable in case you need to wash it.  

@PINKdogWOOD  ETA:  PLEASE SEE POST BELOW.  My deal from Amazon doesn't exist anymore.  Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

What is the reason for using one, I can barely stand the weight of a blanket or cover on me

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

UPDATE!

I just went back to Amazon and they are no longer selling the set I just got.  Instead they are selling just the inner weighted blanket without the cover or mask for the same $80.  I do not recommend buying that.  You'll want a cover. 

I had a hard time beating the QVC2 deal which was very similar to what I received.  I would go with the extra money and buy one like Q has that does have the removable cover on there for you.   Or you can shop around and see what else you can find.  

$80 for just the inner weighted part is not a good deal.  Put that $80 towards a set.    

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox  I am a very stressed out person.  I heard it would make that better and for me so far it does.  I slept much better.  I like the comfort of something heavy on top of me.  It did make me feel more secure and settled.  

Respected Contributor

this is what i am thinking ... that a weighted blanket would be for us what swaddling a baby would be ... or a thunder shirt for an anxious dog.  it must work the same, and i have no doubt that it probably helps! 

Honored Contributor

@Laura14  Thanks for getting back to us and posting.  I have been curious about this blanket and I'm glad you are having good results.  For some reason, I thought it was to be used by people with aches and pain, probably because that does cause anxiety and makes it challenging to sleep.  I'm happy that you are getting good results from using it and got such a good deal.

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd  I honestly don't know.  You can definitely feel the pressure on your body.  I worked out yesterday morning so I could feel it on some of my sore muscles which is why I said that.  Not enough to bother me but I did want to mention it as a potential drawback if you have ongoing pain issues and pressure would not be a good thing to have on you.  

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

What is the reason for using one, I can barely stand the weight of a blanket or cover on me

@I am still oxox ..... I feel exactly the way you do...... I would never be able to fall asleep with that much weight on top of me .... not my cup of tea 😁