Trusted Contributor

Re: Weight Watchers

[ Edited ]

@orangegarnet wrote:

I am guessing everyone that does WW online has the new beta version and now my classic plan manager shows there are only 4 days left of using that..  so I switched to the newer one, if that makes any sense.  When they changed to the beta version, I couldn't access anything so my husband downloaded Google chrome and that made it all better plus I have Windows 10. 

orangegarnet, what is the beta version ? I am a lifetime member, but I rarely go to meetings, I go once a month just to weigh in. I use e-tools to track. 

Thanks!

Honored Contributor

@Lucibee wrote:

@orangegarnet wrote:

I am guessing everyone that does WW online has the new beta version and now my classic plan manager shows there are only 4 days left of using that..  so I switched to the newer one, if that makes any sense.  When they changed to the beta version, I couldn't access anything so my husband downloaded Google chrome and that made it all better plus I have Windows 10. 

orangegarnet, what is the beta version ? I am a lifetime member, but I rarely go to meetings, I go once a month just to weigh in. I use e-tools to track. 

Thanks!

@Lucibee, I had the original version of WW on my laptop and kept noticing the prompt to try the beta version.  I didn't so a few days later they'd automatically changed it all.  And I couldn't use it so my husband downloaded Google Chrome and now I can. With windows 10 I couldn't access to shop, now I can.  I don't know how to describe the beta version, it's different and in 3 days the classic plan manager of tracking will be history.  

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Trusted Contributor

@Suziepeach  Thank you for your answer. It will be interesting. 

I'm looking  forward to the new changes.

Honored Contributor

@Lucibee wrote:

@Suziepeach  Thank you for your answer. It will be interesting. 

I'm looking  forward to the new changes.

@Lucibee, you are more than welcome.  I too look forward to the new changes- I'm always up for a challenge.. 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Contributor

Does anyone know if I can track my meals on my ipad?  Do I need to download the app or go to the website.  Sorry if I sound confused.  It's because I am. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pollyanna wrote:

Does anyone know if I can track my meals on my ipad?  Do I need to download the app or go to the website.  Sorry if I sound confused.  It's because I am. 

Hi @Pollyanna.  (love the name as that is one of my favorite movies)...  Now I track my meals on my tablet and laptop via their online site and on my phone I have the app.  But with the changes coming about tracking, I don't know what will or won't change.  I've also got their app on my tablet and it hasn't changed but I still prefer the online website.   I don't know if I've helped or confused you..

Go VOLS
Honored Contributor

I googled like crazy and could not find anything about a new plan or program.  Evidently, it's being kept very close to the vest.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Suziepeach I mentioned I have been using e-tools which is free as long as I stay within 2 pounds of my goal.  But is there an app I could have purchased to use for tracking? I know everything changes tomorrow,  but I am just curious. Thank you.

Honored Contributor

Interesting thread; had NO IDEA that changed were rolling out 12/6 for members as my leader never informed us of that.

Here's the thing about WW; it's #1 purpose is to make money. They change this and that in order to make you have to buy new stuff, to draw in new people. I am watching this "new and improved " WW with a very cautious eye. Here's why:

I did WW 10 years ago when I had my youngest; rejoined 12 weeks ago. For whatever reason, I am now allowed 10 points MORE a day than 10 years ago. Why? My docs agree that I don't need that many calories and I would gain on more points so I should follow the OLD point system as it worked beautifully for me then. People are losing weight more slowly now and that's $$$ for the company; after all, paying $15 a week to be told "oh, you lost .2 pounds" means you will on that program for a LONG time. How many members who have joined recently know about the increased daily allowed points?

The whole "fruit has zero points UNLESS you cook it or mash it and THEN it jumps to 3,4 or 5 points PER fruit". I have never head such C RAP in my life. Nurses, doctors, dietitian's laugh their butts off when they hear this. Come on WW, really? And yet members BELIEVE this and fill up on fruits galore but wonder why they aren't losing weight.

Last, having to do everything on line and the nightmare this auto charge to your CC ticks me off. I sincerely hope THIS changes. I don't like not being able to buy any long term membership plans in CASH. The mess trying to change anything benefits WW ONLY as they keep charging plus they do it a month in advance.

I think we are so desperate to not be fat we will  believe anything WW tell us. Remember, they make money as long as we pay or not lose (as one of my sons pointed out).  Why do I keep going? Accountability and I like my leader and the group; it feeds the emptiness of feeling alone on this journey especially when everyone around you is fit and trim and doesn't understand the issues of eating/gaining weight. Good luck to all in the program; may we all be successful and reach our goal!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lucibee, @Mmsfoxxie, & @Pollyanna, here us the beta website I am using..  and I as well am curious about the upcoming changes.  I am very, very satisfied with WW and the fact that it works for me.  Nothing wrong with having a cooked fruit and counting points..  A little box of Sunmade raisins is only 2 points..  a 5oz can of low sodium V8 juice is 1 point and counts as one vegetable. 

https://cmx.weightwatchers.com/#/nui/my-day

Go VOLS