Honored Contributor

@fashionqueen, thank you for taking the time with the information but I've already cancelled my account online and will not be going to any meetings.  As far as Oprah's involvement whether it was prior or post this new program, I'll just keep that to myself... 

I know where to go if I want to rejoin.. so far I'm going well and will continue to be accountable for myself.. 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

From what I read in a blog this morning, this new plan has been in the making long before Oprah.  They went to her asked her to sign on and would only do it with having a personal interest such as an investment in the company and she wanted to try the program first.

It seems that the program is going towards a program like Simply Filling which I couldn't do anything with.  I doubt if I do the new program.

@Mmsfoxxie, I agree with you. I got off track with the Simply Filling, and could never get back on track. My interest in the program delined, and I stopped the program. I rejoined very recently, and have decided to cancel, and wait until all the issues are worked through. I think the online site is very difficult to use, although I had paid to attend meetings in person with a monthly pass.

Honored Contributor

Re: Weight Watchers

[ Edited ]

Attended my regular WW meeting today and have to say, I am thrilled with the new program. Finally, WW has seen the light regarding encouraging "clean eating" and showing just how unhealthy fast food, packaged food, Frankenfood, sugar and junk food is; you can quickly see how we have become an obese society when looking at the points (new points) of those foods containing sugar and saturated fats and fried foods. There are items that have 50, 60, 70 points and beyond at virtually every "family" restaurant; it's disgusting.

Many forms of protein have gone down in points (hello fish and chicken) and fruits and vegis are zero points; the bulk of what I eat stayed the same points. You now have fitness goals and a boatload of fitness help via the apps/e-tools.

Sadly, CS was wrong on SO MANY THINGS....; not funny. If you need fried foods and sugary stuff/fast food, you're in for a shock. If you eat clean or want to, you're going to love it.

Honored Contributor

I was getting the monthly as well @Tissyanne up until I'd get back to goal and at which time, I'd go free again.  I've never been able to use etools to the fullest so now it sounds even harder, huh.  

I should be able to do points plus on my own but being curious about the new plan, I might restart in January.  I did well on my own for a week last week (lost 4 lbs, water, I'm sure, lol) and this week, I messed up.  That's where the meetings help and hold me more accountable.  Good luck.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Super Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

Attended my regular WW meeting today and have to say, I am thrilled with the new program. Finally, WW has seen the light regarding encouraging "clean eating" and showing just how unhealthy fast food, packaged food, Frankenfood, sugar and junk food is; you can quickly see how we have become an obese society when looking at the points (new points) of those foods containing sugar and saturated fats and fried foods. There are items that have 50, 60, 7 points and beyond at virtually every "family" resuturant; it's disgusting.

Many forms of protein have gone down in points (hello fish and chicken) and fruits and vegid are zero points; the bulk of what I eat  stayed the same points. You now have fitness goals and a boatoad of fitness help via the apps/e-tools.

Sadly, CS was wrong on SO MANY THINGS....; not funny. If you need fried foods and sugary stuff/fast food, you're in for a shock. If you eat clran or want to, you're going to love it.

@SahmIam I have to agree with you. I am a lifetime member and do online only. I have a lot of knowledge from being a member over the years, and know it only gets better over time. 

My Favorites are still listed correctly online along with my points to keep me at maintenance, so am happy. I am seeing a lot of misinformation about the program being given out by CS?

Honored Contributor

Yes, Glorybe, so much wrong info via WW CS. You would think they would be up to date and ready with all the info considering how much of a big deal this is (or they;ve made it). In the end, check with your leader as their training has been intensive and they;ve been on it for the past month or so.

Respected Contributor

Ok, here's the scoop.  First of all I am also excited, I think this will be the best plan yet!  They are really trying hard for people to eat lean meats, veggies and fruits.  The lean meats have gone down in points and fruit and most veggies are still free.  Yay!

The bad stuff such as cupcakes and donuts skyrocketed in points. 

You can eat a lot if you stay away from that stuff.  If you want to eat sweets, you won't get much else for the day.  LOL

The good:  You don't have to buy anything such as journals or calculators as long as you have a computer or smartphone.  If you don't have these, they still have the calculators, etc. but you have to pay for them of course.

You can connect WW with your fitbit, garmin or whatever fitness tracker you own and it will tell you how many points you've earned.  Slight glitch for me is that I only put my fitbit on last night (didn't wear it during the day) and I had earned 3 points in 2,500 steps.  Something is wrong there....I'll figure it out later.

The minimum points you get if I remember right is 30 points.  But I think some get more.  It used to be that everyone got the same weekly points, but now it is based on your age and weight and maybe activity, I can't remember.  I get 35 weekly points. 

You do get handouts each week, or at least we did last night.

I had a hard time finding the calculator online and when I did, I couldn't get it to work.  They are having trouble with their site since it's overloaded and new. 

I also need to find out that if you track something you were going to eat and you decide not to eat it, how do you take it off?

I had not been there for 4 years.  Two women that were going 4 years ago when I was going were there.  One had lost 100 pounds and the other had lost 50.  I was thrilled to see them looking great!!!!

Oh, and it was $15 per week, but if you signed up for 3 months it was only $8+ a week.  But you have to pay the whole 3 months which was about $114.  That's what I did.

That's all for now.  I need to figure out what I'm eating for breakfast now!

Frequent Contributor

@mima ... there are 2 ways to remove items - depending on the type of smartphone you have.  if you have an iPhone, you swipe the item (either left or right) to remove it.  If you have a droid, lcick on the item to open it, then the "remove item" will appear in red

Respected Contributor

@fashion queen wrote:

@mima ... there are 2 ways to remove items - depending on the type of smartphone you have.  if you have an iPhone, you swipe the item (either left or right) to remove it.  If you have a droid, lcick on the item to open it, then the "remove item" will appear in red

Thank you Fashion Queen.

My only problem now is that I think I'm adding up too many fitpoints (can't remember if that is the exact name).  I have earned 5 already with my fitbit without even trying.  The leader actually gave me her cell number if I have any questions.  I hate bothering her, so I guess I'll wait until next week to ask about it.

Anyone else have their fitbit synced to WW?  Input?

Thanks!

Oh BTW, I had a 0 point breakfast.  LOL  I had green beans, 1/4 cup cooked egg beaters and some canned (no sugar) apricots.  How's that for conserving points?  My lunch at Subway was 12 points.  OH, do you know Subway's cookies are 10 points?  Yikes!!!!!

Frequent Contributor

@mima .. awesome work on the -0- breakfast!! 

for your fitbit, verify the settings are correct on the fitbit.  I would also unsync it to WW, then re-sync it.  which fitbit do you own?  You also took the fitness assessment when you set up your WW SmartPoints profile, correct?

10 points for a Subway cookie?  My. Goodness.  Smiley Frustrated