Respected Contributor

Any one know what the program today will feature --of course WW Smiley Happy ? But i mean what will be sold ? They do not sell pre made meals like Nutri-system. Just curious if any one knows. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Weight Watchers today ?

[ Edited ]

I see they have a couple of scales for sale. If you put WW in the search some of the digital plans come up too.

Honored Contributor

Like many, I've lost enough pounds to equal a human.

I absolutely know what to do and what not to do.

Contrary to what people think not all overweight people consume tremendous amounts of food.

I barely eat.  I can't smell or taste much at all so I just don't get hungry.  It's easy for me to not eat in a 24 hour period.

But when I do eat...I eat the wrong things.  I don't care for sweets, but I'll eat some chips.

My Drs all have always told me I need to eat MORE food.  That when I eat I my body stores the calories because it's been starving.  It all makes sense.

I have a very good friend who's a prosperous trainer.  He makes a living at it.

He's told me over and over, "Eat more food.  Eat small meals maybe 4 or 5 times a day....bla bla".

I just find it boring.

But finally, (yes, I know, get on with it Annabelle)...I will say that I learned more from Weight Watchers than I did on any 'program' I've tried.  And I've tried lots and lost weight...lots.

But the one thing that always sticks in my head are two things I learned from the Weight Watchers program...

Don't ever say, "I only lost 5 lbs".  Try carrying around 5 lbs of potatoes even for a few minutes.  Now multiply that by how many lbs overweight you/we/me are!

Mind boggling...isn't it?

Another thing I remember was once when each person walked into the WW room, the host looked at us and said, "Sugar or salt"?

I didn't even think about it and spurted out, "Salt".  What the hay?  That's the first time I realized I could pass on anything sweet any day, but I do like things that are salty.

But here's the catch.  It might have to do with my no taste problem.  A little bit of salt goes a very long way.  I don't like real salty food.

Everything I buy has on the label (low sodium).  I read the labels to see how much sodium is in them for two reasons.

I swell up a lot when I do eat salt.  My Dr said I need to think 'that I'm allergic to salt' because of the way it affects me.

I think I never went into these programs with a healthy attitude.

Here's an example.  I remember sitting around a big table when I was on the Nutri-System program.

Everyone was to say WHY they wanted to loose weight.  What was my answer?

Well, without hesitation I said, "I want to be able to buy any shoes I want.  I absolutely love shoes and if you are a chub it's more difficult".

The leader looked at me like I'd said I was from outer space.  She actually said, "Well....OK...moving along".  Ha!

Hey!  It entertained the group and broke the ice so to speak...but I was being dead serious.

So, I'll leave this discussion with saying.  Don't ever hate yourself...never.  But I don't think it's healthy to be overweight...it does take a toll on the body.

If you listen to your body...you will loose some weight.  Eat when hungry.  Don't deny yourself but take a few bites and get rid of it.

I taught my girls.  Try to only take what you'll eat.  However, if you misjudge the amount.  Get up or push the plate away.

What you do or don't eat isn't going to help someone in any other country (remember that saying).

None of my daughters are overweight.  One thinks she is because she has the biggest boobs in the world (have no idea where that came from).  But she actually isn't overweight.  She's about 5'10" tall.  My other girls are around 5ft 5 and 5ft 7.

I've read something about not getting fat cells when young.  I think there might be a little something to do that.  I think those little buggers are there waiting to explode.

I think the easy part is loosing weight.  The really, really hard part is keeping it off.

It's like that saying, get and inch loose an inch.  (Did I just make that up).

Regular Contributor

QVC has the best deal around on WW.  You can do Digital only or Digital plus Meetings and you also get a cookbook and an entry to win a ticket to Oprah and Gail King's tour.

Honored Contributor

@okaywitheasypay wrote:

Any one know what the program today will feature --of course WW Smiley Happy ? But i mean what will be sold ? They do not sell pre made meals like Nutri-system. Just curious if any one knows. 

@okaywitheasypay Sorry, just saw this today.  Weight Watchers frozen items are in grocerier's cold cases.  They may be avaliable at Walmart.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66    =^..^

Now I really liked your story. Can relate to a lot of it and agree with a much of it. You hit on many things I have often said on this forum. I will leave with this, whatever works for you and you are as healthy as you can, or want to be! Keep doin it.

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

And when you say you only lost a pound, look at a pound of butter.

That's a lot of fat off your hip.  And .2 is a stick of butter, so.....

Visuals really help.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I went through Mr Rebates and got a 6 month full digital/in person meetings plan for pretty cheap.  Like $4ish a month?

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@Wildapple wrote:

QVC has the best deal around on WW.  You can do Digital only or Digital plus Meetings and you also get a cookbook and an entry to win a ticket to Oprah and Gail King's tour.

@Wildapple With the background in nutrition which I have (but taught mainly the other side of my major), I know WW is the best choice because you have to learn to be successful in the real world.  You can't eat Nutrisystems forever in a real life.

No one lose as fast or as successfully as those of us who were on the Quick Start program with the exchanges.  The programs after  QS that were higher calorie (probably to offer a "new improved ") weren't half as successful as we were.

At 5' 6" I was burning 2 pounds a week, and lost 35 pounds of post pregnancy weight in three months (pregnancy hated my body)-twice.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG 

Burning 2 pounds a week for many is a good goal. I say that because those pounds lost are more likely to be what most want to lose, body fat. Much more than that is more likely to be fluid.

Too many see that as being a slow way to loss a lot of pounds. I see it as a person actually losing body fat, not a scale reading, that more likely has to do with body fluid. Sometimes it could be what most want to retain, muscle tissue. Back to the "muscle weighs more than fat", fact.

There have been numerous times I have lost up to 10 pounds reffing 4 hockey games. Do I think I somehow left 10 pounds of fat on the ice? 😉 No, I do need to replace the electrolytes lost and the fluids, and maybe grab a banana or 2 to eat after.

Your 3 months to lose 35 pounds is a good goal for anyone wanting to lose weight. Most Exercise Physiologists agree on 2 to 2.5 pounds per week is about the max body fat that can be lost in 7 days.

This info is from many studies that included "body fat measured via submersion". This method has been to be among, if not the best, way to do body composition testing.

You weren't messin around after that pregnancy were you!  

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)