Honored Contributor

Re: Weight Watchers magazine is no more

@esmerelda wrote:

I read today that May was the last issue.  Some people are getting Oprah's magazine to finish out their subscription.  I think someone else said they are getting a fitness magazine.

@esmerelda 

Do you have a link to this story?

I told a friend doing WW...and she hadn’t heard anything.

I did a little poking around on Google....nothing.

A link would be helpful to determine if this is fact or just a rumor. 

Trusted Contributor

I posted about this a couple months ago. I had a Kindle subscription to the magazine and got an alert from Amazon that it was discontinued and the winter issue would be my last issue. Furthermore, all of the magazines not downloaded to my Kindle that day were wiped from my digital content! I was livid!

Then I hear that people who got the paper magazine in the mail got a subcription to another health magazine. I got NO substitution.

Trusted Contributor

@jpie wrote:

WW magazine is just another one that is "biting the dust."  Many years ago I subscribed the the O magazine, but found it didn't have much that interested me.

Many magazines are halting their publications.  About four months ago I started receiving Vogue.  It was sent to me to replace the remaining issues of Glamour.  I was getting weary of Glamour anyway.  Vogue has fashions that are way too expensive and over-the-top for my relaxed lifestyle, but they do have one great article in each issue that has been better than Glamour ever was.

So many magazines are going away.  I still get four monthly publications and enjoy them.  

Glamour used to be a great magazine. I got a free subscription a few years ago only because it was a give away for donating to some cause. I couldn't believe how it had degraded- one big advertisement and same old regurgitaed content on the few pages that weren't ads.

Honored Contributor

@PilatesLover wrote:

I posted about this a couple months ago. I had a Kindle subscription to the magazine and got an alert from Amazon that it was discontinued and the winter issue would be my last issue. Furthermore, all of the magazines not downloaded to my Kindle that day were wiped from my digital content! I was livid!

Then I hear that people who got the paper magazine in the mail got a subcription to another health magazine. I got NO substitution.

There is a letter in my Eating Well magazine telling me that WWM is no more and my subscription will be completed with Eating Well.  I already have an Eating Well subscription and they did add it to my existing subscription.

This is my last paper magazine subscription.

My Eating Well subscription will outlive me.

Cooking Light also merged with Eating Well, so my subscription to Eating Well was extended for that one, too.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN