Honored Contributor

I've been reading and looking for more information for myself. I have to share 2 books that have helped me immensely. I'm going back to my tracking, as taught in WW. But, see if your library has either of these books. They answered and helped me find info I needed, more than was ever discussed at the meetings. I needed more help. LOL

The Portion Plan by Linda Gassenheimer.

and The Portion Teller Plan. Just finished this one this morning.

I think I found the missing piece that made the most sense to me. We all need to find that missing link that will propel us on to victory.

I got them both at Amazon. Maybe these will help others.

Honored Contributor
Qualitygal, what did you find that was missing. I know that portion control is the problem for me as well because I don't feel full with small portions. If I use portion control, after a couple of weeks I'm able to not be hungry but then after a few months, the cravings come back and then, I'm back where I started. Then let's not forget stressful eating. As I'm typing, I'm realizing that it's not just portion control, you have to add cravings and stress to the equation when you try to change your eating habits.
“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

MM, for me it was probably more of really, really taking to heart once and for all, I need to find replacements for things I like. (Certain foods). A lot is already known and common sense, it's just taking it to heart. I may not like some of the foods because they aren't my favorites, but they health-wise, are better for me. That's a main one. To accept my choice is either to make healthier choices more often, in fact, mostly. It's a choice! Again accepting the common sense of what I've learned and applying it. 1 + 1 = 2.

The other part, is the choice to be willing to eat healthier and weigh better for good health, or eat what I like, not consciously, or my way, vs. being accountable to myself.

In all the things over all these years, for me, mostly, it's that I can't eat as much as I seem to be hungry for. (Who knows where moods and stress come in, I think being a nervous child also was a part of it long ago.) We know heredity may play a part too for some. I probably have a good 25 to lose. For anyone wondering. So I can choose healthier and slimmer, or eat unresponsibly and weigh more than I want to. I have to be self-accountable.

Does that make sense?

Honored Contributor
If you haven't taken a look at the Beck Diet Solution you might like that, too. Not for everyone but very helpful for me.
Honored Contributor

Thanks for the book suggestions. I also recommend the Beck Diet Solution. Sometimes, it's just reading the same message in a different way that makes it click for us. Some authors "speak to us" more than others.

WW is tweaking the plan starting Dec 7 for existing members. It may be a good week to get back on board and get back to basics.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Thanks ladies, I am a life time member and have done WW for some time. Last few years it's been harder for me to do.

Yes, VaBelle35, I think you're absolutely right on different messages delivered to us from others, sometimes it rings your bell. LOL

Beck Diet Solution, I'll check that out too. Thanks ladies.

Super Contributor

Check out The Pleasure Trap to learn why you crave the things you do!

Honored Contributor

Go Pokes! I sure will, thanks.

Honored Contributor
On 11/30/2014 Go Pokes! said:

Check out The Pleasure Trap to learn why you crave the things you do!

There's 2 this could apply to. Is the author Lisle or Campbell? thank you!

Super Contributor

Lisle.