Honored Contributor

Re: Weight Watchers for Diabetics?

On 2/3/2015 diamondsforme said: I love WW and the fact that you can eat anything; therefore, it would definitely work for you. I agree with Sunniegirl that you need to find a leader and meeting that works for you. The first meeting I signed up at was horrible. No one talked, and the leader was boring and seemed uncaring. I tried another meeting and fell in love with the leader and the nicest group of people ever. I'm up to almost 50 lbs off since July! Best of luck to you and your health!

Congratulations!

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

On 2/3/2015 patticakes said:

Thanks, everyone, for the input. Great advice.

To Kushii-I, too, am a Type 2, on Metformin since Nov. 2014 and doing quite well. My numbers have been good every since then; however, still need to loose more weight and need to get better at exercise since I have arthritis as well and exercise is not always pleasant when I'm having pain. Would love to keep in touch with you either here on the "boards" or otherwise. It would be great for me to have a "buddy" as well!

We have all been told our entire lives that we MUST exercise to lose weight. That is NOT true as many disabled people have shown us.

And there is new research which backs that up. Of course movement and exercise is good for everyone, but not everyone can do much. People in wheel chairs, with missing limbs, and seriously ill.

Super Contributor

On 2/3/2015 NoelSeven said:
On 2/3/2015 diamondsforme said: I love WW and the fact that you can eat anything; therefore, it would definitely work for you. I agree with Sunniegirl that you need to find a leader and meeting that works for you. The first meeting I signed up at was horrible. No one talked, and the leader was boring and seemed uncaring. I tried another meeting and fell in love with the leader and the nicest group of people ever. I'm up to almost 50 lbs off since July! Best of luck to you and your health!

Congratulations!

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Thank you NoelSeven!
Contributor

On 2/3/2015 patticakes said:

To Kushii-I, too, am a Type 2, on Metformin since Nov. 2014 and doing quite well. My numbers have been good every since then; however, still need to loose more weight and need to get better at exercise since I have arthritis as well and exercise is not always pleasant when I'm having pain. Would love to keep in touch with you either here on the "boards" or otherwise. It would be great for me to have a "buddy" as well!

I would LOVE to 'buddy up' with you! I would prefer not to do it on the boards. {#emotions_dlg.crying} Is there a way I can private message you thru the boards so we can exchange email info?

Honored Contributor

On 2/3/2015 diamondsforme said:

Congratulations!

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Thank you NoelSeven!

You deserve it!

Valued Contributor

Kushii-I, too, would love to but don't know how to do that on these boards. If you find a way, let me know. Anyone knowing how, please let us know.
Honored Contributor

On 2/3/2015 patticakes said: Kushiro-I'd love to but don't know how to private message on the boards. If you find a way, let me know. Anyone knowing how to do this, let us know.

Here's what other people have done:

Set up a temporary email, like on gmail. You can come out and post it here, but once you get together, making sure the correct person responds, destroy the gmail address and use your private email for just each other.

You may get a few responses from not-so-nice people at first, but ignore them and set up your contact for just the two of you. The not-so-nice people won't know your real contact email addresses.

Contributor

On 2/3/2015 patticakes said: Kushiro-I'd love to but don't know how to private message on the boards. If you find a way, let me know. Anyone knowing how to do this, let us know.

Here's what other people have done:

Set up a temporary email, like on gmail. You can come out and post it here, but once you get together, making sure the correct person responds, destroy the gmail address and use your private email for just each other.

You may get a few responses from not-so-nice people at first, but ignore them and set up your contact for just the two of you. The not-so-nice people won't know your real contact email addresses.

Thanks Noel! I thought of that! There are ways!

Patticakes, I will post an email for us to connect. I need a bit of time tho!

Contributor

Patticakes, I did it faster than I thought!

qvcchatting@gmail.com

Looking forward to hearing from you!!!!

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Honored Contributor

On 2/3/2015 LipstickDiva said:
On 2/3/2015 jackthebear said:

Have you talked to a Diabetic Educator? Perhaps ask your MD for a reference if you have not done already. Or read Dr Bernstein's book,

Watching consumption of all carbs is the way to go and WW works with points not carbs. You could eat all of your points in junk food theoretically and still be in range.

Yes this can happen diabetic or not. But that's not the way they intend the program to be and anyone on the program and properly working the program knows that. And if this is what one does, they aren't going to lose weight.

I know that, and didn't intend to be snarky, but I did WW and know someone with Diabetes, so I wanted to add that some extra education might be helpful. There is tons of info out there