Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 13,572
Registered: ‎07-15-2016

Weight Watchers changing name

I just saw they are changing the name to WW and will focus on wellness.

 

 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 33,159
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Weight Watchers changing name


@ALRATIBA wrote:

I just saw they are changing the name to WW and will focus on wellness.

 

 


And I thought it would be "I Love Oprah"!!!!!

Honored Contributor
Posts: 15,991
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Weight Watchers changing name

@Sooner

 

Oprah owns 10% of WW.


@Sooner wrote:

@ALRATIBA wrote:

I just saw they are changing the name to WW and will focus on wellness.

 

 


And I thought it would be "I Love Oprah"!!!!!


 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,221
Registered: ‎07-27-2015

Re: Weight Watchers changing name

Hope this is not another PR stunt like the one IHOP attempted to pull off...I really like weight watchers and had good results when I did the program.  I am glad they are focusing on wellness because that needs to be mirrored with weight loss. Just think there is too much emphasis on quickly loosing weight. People need to be able to lose weight and still be healthy while doing so!

Honored Contributor
Posts: 15,991
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Weight Watchers changing name

@ALRATIBA

 

I have been a member of WW since 2-18 and the program has started changing, their focus will still be on the plan but it will also include a mind/ body connection and all the the wellness component includes

 


@ALRATIBA wrote:

I just saw they are changing the name to WW and will focus on wellness.

 

 


 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,523
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Weight Watchers changing name


@GAQShopr53 wrote:

Hope this is not another PR stunt like the one IHOP attempted to pull off...I really like weight watchers and had good results when I did the program.  I am glad they are focusing on wellness because that needs to be mirrored with weight loss. Just think there is too much emphasis on quickly loosing weight. People need to be able to lose weight and still be healthy while doing so!


 

 

Really don't think so.  The Oprah regime has taken WW into a new era.

Skinny does not equate to health or beauty and changin the name lets go of that stigma.  At best they may loose customers.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 13,572
Registered: ‎07-15-2016

Re: Weight Watchers changing name

[ Edited ]

@I am still oxox wrote:

I have been a member of WW since 2-18 and the program has started changing, their focus will still be on the plan but it will also include a mind/ body connection and all the the wellness component includes

  


@I am still oxox

 

Sounds a bit "new agey."

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,329
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Weight Watchers changing name

I dont go there every week for touchy feely therapy.   Its for weight loss. 

Enough with this ******.

 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 15,991
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Weight Watchers changing name

@meem120

I do not expect meetings to change. They will still be as warm and loving as your leader wants them to be

 


@meem120 wrote:

I dont go there every week for touchy feely therapy.   Its for weight loss. 

Enough with this ******.

 


 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor
Posts: 18,415
Registered: ‎11-25-2011

Re: Weight Watchers changing name

Focus on ‘wellness”?

Uh, no.

All the pre-packaged foods & extreme low calorie plans?

That ain’t ‘wellness.’