Respected Contributor

Re: Weight Loss - Andrew Lessman's Plan

@sidsmom wrote:

Heavens! He sells soooooooo many supplements & powders.

If his potions & elixirs are so healthy, why do people have 

additional weight& still are unhealthy?

Just eat real food.

It’s so easy....pay me the money spent for all this stuff

and I will personally buy, cook & deliver a 5lb bag of potatoes

to your doorstep....and I would still come out ahead.

You would lose weight, get healthy & well.

No need for supplements ever again.

Fixed it. 

People sometimes do not have time to prepare a healthy meal 3x a day.  Shakes can fill that gap when pressed for time but still want nutrition.  Also, I would add that most people's diet could use a few supplements.  Most people are not able to eat a perfect diet and get all needed nutrients all day every day.  Whether it's do to time, taste preferences, or something else. I take lots of supplements but I also eat healthy (as much as possible) and have no excess weight. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Grouchomarx wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

Just eat real food.

Fixed it. 

People sometimes do not have time to prepare a healthy meal 3x a day.  Shakes can fill that gap when pressed for time but still want nutrition.  Also, I would add that most people's diet could use a few supplements.  Most people are not able to eat a perfect diet and get all needed nutrients all day every day.  Whether it's do to time, taste preferences, or something else. I take lots of supplements but I also eat healthy (as much as possible) and have no excess weight. 

......just eat an apple.

Or for only 60 calories...worse case, don’t eat.

Consuming this highly processed food is not good. Ever.

And if a diet is ‘healthy’, there’s no need for

copious amount of supplements.

Honored Contributor

@Grouchomarx I find them to be filling. I have used his chocolate drink in the past and love it. I imagine the calories are differently, depending upon the flavor. The vanilla, I would think, would be less calories.

I am pretty sure his Secure also has the CholestaCare product in it, which bumps the price up. So if high cholesterol is a problem with you, this might be a good brand to get.

Esteemed Contributor

@Grouchomarx wrote:

Are his shakes filling? Because he says it's only 60 calories, that is very low for a "meal", don't you think? Just wondering.  I occasionally have a protein shake as a meal but it's more like 200 calories,which is pretty satisfying (high in fiber).

The 60 calories is when prepared with water.  Some may find this filling others do not.  Using milk of some kind may help.  If you have access to a blender you could also add some fruit or veggies.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy  Good point about water versus milk. I do like it with almond milk. Sometimes I put a banana in and then it is very filling.

Respected Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

......just eat an apple.

Apples are mainly just sugar. They provide no protein.  Personally, I need a good amount of protein to feel satisfied for a substatntial amount of time. And I try to avoid all sugar with the exception of berries, which are pretty low. I also don't like to skip a meal so not eating is a poor option for me.  As for your idea of a "healthy" diet, I guess you must eat perfectly and have perfect nutrition, thereby needing no supplementation.  Good for you.  I try my best, but I know some things are missing so I take advantage of qualtiy supplements to get me where I need to be.  And I also like taking supplements that will enhance my appearance.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I tried his meal replacement shake back when he first came out with them.  He also used to have bars I tried and those were gross.  The shakes were horrible too but like I said, it was a long time ago and I think he's improved.

I've heard Colleen talk about doing this meal replacement however, she has said she adds almond milk and fruit.  Sometimes by the time you add all the extra stuff in you need to be full, the calorie content ends up pretty high.  For me, they weren't filling but to be fair, I don't find any meal replacement shakes or liquid of any kind to be filling.  

As for all his supplements, I take his cranberry because I was to take that kind of supplement by my doctor and I also take his 1 a day multi-vitamin, again on the advice of my doctor.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I shudder to think at what some people are doing to their liver taking as many supplements as they do.    

Honored Contributor

I have used his Secure in the past and it did not cause me to lose weight, but was a healthy meal replacement. I have had more success with just making a smoothie, fruit or green and adding flax and chia seeds, turmeric and cinnamon to fill myself up. My blood sugar and cholesterol have not been so stable and low in years. I agree that it's best to get your vitamins and minerals from food, but unless you can grow your own food organically or have access to that kind of quality you are not going to get what you need from food alone. Any reasonable person will acknowledge that fact. With supplements like anything else, moderation is the key.

Honored Contributor

@Grouchomarx wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

......just eat an apple.

Apples are mainly just sugar. They provide no protein.  Personally, I need a good amount of protein to feel satisfied for a substatntial amount of time. And I try to avoid all sugar with the exception of berries, which are pretty low. I also don't like to skip a meal so not eating is a poor option for me.  As for your idea of a "healthy" diet, I guess you must eat perfectly and have perfect nutrition, thereby needing no supplementation.  Good for you.  I try my best, but I know some things are missing so I take advantage of qualtiy supplements to get me where I need to be.  And I also like taking supplements that will enhance my appearance.  

Just eat a cup of peas....or a cup of beans...or a cup of lentils.

Cook up a batch on Sunday, portion it out, freeze & every morning

take out to thaw & eat later.  Cheap, healthy, convenient...and

enough fiber to create healthy gut bacteria to keep you full for hours.

There’s no way a powder, liquid or pill will ever replace

whole food. It’s sad many don’t see that...and remain unhealthy

when they really, really want to make a difference. 

Respected Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

Just eat real food.

Fixed it. 

So because he sells vitamins, everyone who consumes his quality vitamins should be skinny?  Scratching my head on this one.  Makes no sense at all.

As to his Secure product, I drink one in the morning for breakfast.  I use almond milk and it's very filling.