Esteemed Contributor

Re: Week Twelve of the NFL Regular Season!!!

RG3 and 8 it is. Or, you could call this "RG3 and out". Or, RG3 is out. Too late now; who cares.

Cogito ergo sum
Esteemed Contributor

I watched the first half of SNF. I'm still amazed at the catch that O'Dell Beckham made in the end zone. It's on the NFL website for those who hadn't seen it. That has been titled 'Catch of the Year." Beckham is already a rising star. The Giants have a gem on their team in him. Eli Manning also played well in the first half. I saw that Dallas eventually won the game, but it didn't come easy. The Giants gave them problems.

Also, St. Louis just doesn't go away. They are one fierce team and stay in until the end.

SPURT, Washington came so close. they actually led at one point. For some reason, I'm just not that impressed with San Francisco.The RG111 saga is getting interesting. Now that Gruden has permission to bench RG111, will he? I think that it's in the best interest of the team to do so. Bring in Colt.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

Dang! The Giants let me down this week. Oh well, we'll just have to deal with the Cowboys ourselves on Thanksgiving. The key with O'Dell Beckham is keeping him healthy. He missed all of training camp and several early games with a bad hamstring, but when healthy the kid is pretty darn amazing. There were lots of whispers out of NY early on that the coaches were more than a little frustrated with him and felt he could have played sooner. I'm guessing now that he's playing those whispers have disappeared. The kid's good, but those talented wide receivers tend to have "interesting" personalities that can drive a coach nuts. There aren't a lot of great wide receivers who are completely sane.

I suspect RGIII played well enough this week to hold onto his starting job for another week or so. He wasn't perfect, but he wasn't horrible either. A blowout loss would have been a good excuse to bench him, but it was a close game. You get the feeling Gruden wants "his" guy in DC and not RGIII or Cousins. Is McCoy "his" guy? Could be. Cousins has been deactivated lately so he's clearly not Gruden's guy.

The Eagles may have to alter their schedule this week due to weather as there's snow coming our way on Wednesday which would normally be their departure day for Dallas. We're due for anywhere from an inch to six inches depending on who you listen to. With an already short week to prepare, losing an extra day to travel would be a big handicap.

Thursday's looking like a pretty good day for football. The early game's Chicago at Detroit then you've got the Eagles at the Cowboys and then Seattle/San Francisco at night so the day should be pretty entertaining. Lots of playoff implications.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

On 11/24/2014 teganslaw said:

I watched the first half of SNF. I'm still amazed at the catch that O'Dell Beckham made in the end zone. It's on the NFL website for those who hadn't seen it. That has been titled 'Catch of the Year." Beckham is already a rising star. The Giants have a gem on their team in him. Eli Manning also played well in the first half. I saw that Dallas eventually won the game, but it didn't come easy. The Giants gave them problems.

Also, St. Louis just doesn't go away. They are one fierce team and stay in until the end.

SPURT, Washington came so close. they actually led at one point. For some reason, I'm just not that impressed with San Francisco.The RG111 saga is getting interesting. Now that Gruden has permission to bench RG111, will he? I think that it's in the best interest of the team to do so. Bring in Colt.

Hi TEGAN......well my DS was excited about the first half of the game but not so much the second half.....now the Giants are TIED for LAST place with Washington....{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

As for Robert he managed to pull defeat out of the hands of victory....more and more is coming out about what's happening behind the scenes....it appears that he doesn't spend as much time studying film as he should.....the coaches tell him to take a 2 step drop and he takes 5.....he's missing wide open receivers as Gannon pointed out......and instead of rolling out when he gets pressured and has room in front of him, it's like he is darned and determined to stay in the pocket...because he wants to everyone to know he can be a pocket passer..{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} It's a shame because a lot of the guys on the defensive side of the ball came to play especially Ryan Kerrigan....and Alfred RB Morris had a good day too...De Sean seems to be open but Robert can't get the ball in the right place--no connection between the two....

...and I doubt Robert will be benched..the season is lost anyway...as some of the NBA teams do why not "tank it" to get a higher draft pick.....and my WORST fear is that Winston comes out and they make another deal for a QB---and I ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY DO NOT WANT the FSU QB on my team---he is nothing but TROUBLE!!!!---to put it mildly.....{#emotions_dlg.glare} Anyway I don't think it took Gruden long to get a true assessment of Robert and as Gardenman said he wants his own man in their at QB.....who it will be, well that will be interesting....

And Tegan mark your Colts with a W.....since Washington plays your Colts next week---{#emotions_dlg.mellow}

Who are the best teams so far.....and it seems to be constantly changing.....some say Pats in the AFC and some say Packers....but the Packers had to fight to get their win against the lowly Vikes...... are the Seahawks now back in the NFC chase with a good performance against the Cards......

And yes those Rams are downright feisty.....too bad they don't have a decent QB......

Chargers, Denver, Browns, and Bears all SQUEAKED by......

Should be a great Thanksgiving game with Eagles/Cowboys......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

SPURT. You don't like Jameis Winston??? Shocking! The guy could be a huge win if he got his act together. He's tremendously talented, but he's also a ticking time bomb. Some team will take a chance on him and pray he changes, but the kid is likely to be a nightmare. I could see a Bill Belichick taking a shot at him knowing that Winston wouldn't start/play for a while and could (hopefully) grow up under Tom Brady's tutelage. You'd pretty much have to glue someone to him 24/7 to keep him out of trouble though and I'm not sure that even a player as talented as he is, is worth the trouble. He's one of those big gambles in the draft. If you hit it right, you get a guy who has the potential to be an elite quarterback, and there aren't a lot of those guys around. Get it wrong and you've wasted a pick and possibly destroyed your team. And people wonder why football GM's go grey/bald so early in life.

I'd almost be more willing to take a chance on Winston than Johnny Manziel as at least Winston has the size and durability to play in the NFL. Johhny Football will likely get killed when he finally takes the field for whatever team gives him a chance. (Assuming any does.)

It looks like a lot of young QB's will be available this off season. Geno Smith, Jake Locker, EJ Manuel, Johnny Manziel, RGIII, Kirk Cousins, and others are likely to be shopped around, so if any of those is intriguing to a coach they're apt to be available for a bargain price. If Gruden loves one of those guys, then he could easily end up with the Redskins. You're probably looking at a fourth or fifth round pick to pick up one of those types of guys. I suspect they'll all find new teams by training camp. I wouldn't be shocked to see Chip Kelly take a chance on one of those guys at the right price.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

woooohoooooo my ravens did it on monday night football!

it was a must win tonight......

no one can deny which division is the TOUGHEST...... AFC NORTH! all four teams are bunched up.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

I came so close: got 14 games correct in my football picks. The one game I guessed wrong was Kansas City-Oakland. If only Oakland hadn't won this week, I'd have been perfect in my guesses. The Washington-SF was basically a toss up for me, but I ended up going with SF since they played on the West coast. Although New Orleans and NYG played at home, I just didn't trust those teams enough to choose them. Likewise with Houston: JJ Watt can't do it all himself. This was the best I'd done all year.

Congrats to all the winners. I saw that Michael Vick was benched and the Jets went back to Geno Smith. The situation doesn't look good for Rex Ryan. I think he's holding onto his job by a thread. I can't figure out how Pittsburgh lost to them.

I watched MNF. Baltimore outplayed New Orleans. The Saints have some play makers on their team, but just couldn't handle the Ravens. Steve Smith and Torrey Smith went a bit crazy with yards. It was a good game.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain