Honored Contributor

Re: Week Sixteen of the NFL Regular Season!!!!

And Jerry Jones now says he'll use the Franchise tag on Dez Bryant if they can't work out a contract. I'm thinking Dez Bryant won't be happy about that. The Franchise tag is around $12 million this year for a wide receiver, but Dez is only making $2.36 million this year while the top guys are making $11-$16 million this year. I'm thinking Dez will want a much bigger deal than the franchise tag. He'll want some retroactive pay as he's clearly underpaid now. He'll want that in a signing bonus and then a big salary on top of that. Of course, the Cowboys only have around $3.5 million in cap space now, so they're going to have to get pretty creative to make this work.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

Go Pats!!!
( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Honored Contributor

And the Bunny is back! Long time no see PB! I missed you on the BB threads this summer. The Patriots look to be in pretty good shape right now. The rest of the AFC field doesn't look overly intimidating. Assuming none of the other AFC teams gets really hot, the Patriots look like a pretty safe Super Bowl bet this year. Peyton Manning's looking pretty old. None of the other AFC teams really look all that impressive.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Valued Contributor

Go Bills! Merry Christmas!