Honored Contributor

Re: Week Nine of the NFL Regular Season!!!

On 11/2/2014 sunshine45 said:

that is all i have to say......that and boy were there a lot of penalties!

There certainly were.

Esteemed Contributor

I was wrong about Big Ben not playing like last week. I watched the game, couldn't believe all the penalties. The Ravens committing three penalties at one time... I thought the teams were going to start fighting at times, probably would have if the officials hadn't intervened.

I don't feel so bad about last week's loss to Pittsburgh. They are doing it to other teams, also.I was concerned about the Steelers game in the beginning, just didn't think it would be so one sided.

I feel good about tonight's game. The Giants need a win, but I have a feeling the Colts will be too much for them to handle. Bradshaw should put up some nice numbers against the Giants. Here's hoping I'm not wrong in this case.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Esteemed Contributor

Yes, teganslaw, the Giants need a win, if for no other reason than to hammer more nails in the coffin for the Deadskins. My new team: anyone playing the Redskins. Snyder-o can laugh all the way to the bank (and, BTW, he is NOT the wealthiest man in the DC area, by far) but he has to live with this 'til his grave.

It's not Bob3G's fault that the team paid so much for him, but I most certainly fault him for the arrogance he displays, then how he dismisses failure as some part of the grand plan. Who remembers Robert's father pronouncing to the public that his son should not be pigeonholed, that he was, indeed, a "pocket passer"?

Cogito ergo sum
Trusted Contributor

Way to go Steelers!!! I needed that win after my double defeat - actually a triple defeat since my high school team lost Friday night.

Giants always seem to come on strong during the last half of the season, so a win against the Colts wouldn't surprise me. I hope it doesn't happen though.

Congrats to Sunday winners. Hope you all have a nice week. On to London my boys go.

Honored Contributor

On 11/3/2014 teganslaw said:

I was wrong about Big Ben not playing like last week. I watched the game, couldn't believe all the penalties. The Ravens committing three penalties at one time... I thought the teams were going to start fighting at times, probably would have if the officials hadn't intervened.

I don't feel so bad about last week's loss to Pittsburgh. They are doing it to other teams, also.I was concerned about the Steelers game in the beginning, just didn't think it would be so one sided.

I feel good about tonight's game. The Giants need a win, but I have a feeling the Colts will be too much for them to handle. Bradshaw should put up some nice numbers against the Giants. Here's hoping I'm not wrong in this case.

their games are always like this......it is a tough rivalry for sure!

i do think that some of the officiating last night left a lot to be desired, but hey, that is the nature of the game.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

On 11/3/2014 Sweetbay magnolia said:

Yes, teganslaw, the Giants need a win, if for no other reason than to hammer more nails in the coffin for the Deadskins. My new team: anyone playing the Redskins. Snyder-o can laugh all the way to the bank (and, BTW, he is NOT the wealthiest man in the DC area, by far) but he has to live with this 'til his grave.

It's not Bob3G's fault that the team paid so much for him, but I most certainly fault him for the arrogance he displays, then how he dismisses failure as some part of the grand plan. Who remembers Robert's father pronouncing to the public that his son should not be pigeonholed, that he was, indeed, a "pocket passer"?

Well I am not abandoning my team, but I say let Robert dig his own grave (figuratively of course) ......HIS interception and lousy throw where he went one way, Garcon went the other cost us the game {#emotions_dlg.angry} and he seemed hesitant on whether he should run or stay in the pocket which got him sacked, (Colt did not hesitate and used his mobility at the right moments) if he continues in this way, then Washington will have no choice but to get rid of him and the RG3 experiment will be over. Yep he is arrogant and from reports does not appear to be well liked by his teammates....and from reading Twitter, Redskin Nation was calling for Haslett's firing......NFL FANS STAY TUNED for AS THE SOAP OPERA CONTINUES!!!!

Meanwhile "Dr. Jerry" thinks that Romo can make the long flight to London bad back and all....and almost guaranteeing Romo will play.....

And what will Sanchez bring to the Eagles as Foles heals.....

Then there is Eli and the Giant's inconsistent defense....

Isn't the NFC East fun {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

has there always been 2 games in london?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

On 11/3/2014 sunshine45 said:

has there always been 2 games in london?

I think they're having four or five games in London next year. If they ever put a team in London then there will be eight each year.

The news on Foles is that he's got the broken clavicle but it won't need surgery. That means he'll be back in 4-8 weeks (give or take a bit.) The good news is it's his non-throwing arm so he can continue to throw and keep his throwing arm in shape and ready to go.

Tonight's game is the first of a string of "must win" games for the Giants if they want to stay relevant. They really can't afford to lose many more games and have any hope of making the playoffs. Even their own players are calling it a playoff game for them. That makes them a dangerous team, but maintaining that level of play for week after week will be a challenge for them.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Good game last night! Vontae Davis made a big difference for the Colts' defense. Jonathan Newsome showed that he belongs on the roster by getting several tackles and a couple sacks.

About that catch WR T.Y. Hilton made in the end zone: unbelievable! He actually took the ball away from Rodgers-Cromartie. Technically, there is no way he should have gotten the touchdown.

Andrew Luck was off rhythm early in the game, but still managed 350 yards. Suppose he had been on target all night?

On the Giants' side: despite a listless showing, they seem to have a rising star in rookie WR Odell Beckham Jr. Keep an eye on him in future games. Where did they get him? He had an impressive showing, but couldn't do everything himself.

Now on to the bye week. They'll need to prepare for New England, who will also be on a bye week. That will a good match up.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

On 11/4/2014 teganslaw said:

Good game last night! Vontae Davis made a big difference for the Colts' defense. Jonathan Newsome showed that he belongs on the roster by getting several tackles and a couple sacks.

About that catch WR T.Y. Hilton made in the end zone: unbelievable! He actually took the ball away from Rodgers-Cromartie. Technically, there is no way he should have gotten the touchdown.

Andrew Luck was off rhythm early in the game, but still managed 350 yards. Suppose he had been on target all night?

On the Giants' side: despite a listless showing, they seem to have a rising star in rookie WR Odell Beckham Jr. Keep an eye on him in future games. Where did they get him? He had an impressive showing, but couldn't do everything himself.

Now on to the bye week. They'll need to prepare for New England, who will also be on a bye week. That will a good match up.

Hey TEGAN....CONGRATS on the win!!!! Super job!!!! Andrew warmed up and got on a roll and well the score speaks for itself!

My sister got so disgusted she called me and told me that Eli needs some talent around him and she was going to turn off the game and watch Dancing With The Stars that she had pre-recorded.....looks like we are going to have company at the bottom of the NFC East!

Good Luck against the Pats ---GO COLTS! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”