Honored Contributor

Week Fifteen of the NFL Regular Season!!!

We start out this week with Arizona at Saint Louis. I'm giving the edge to the Rams here. they're playing well lately and I'm still not sold on Stanton as the QB of the Cards.

Pittsburgh goes to Atlanta. This is pretty much a coin toss game for me. Both teams can look really good and both can look really bad. I guess I'll take Pittsburgh and hope for the best.

Jacksonville goes to Baltimore. This should be an easy win for Baltimore.

Green Bay goes to Buffalo. Aaron Rodgers is just on fire right now. I'm not sure I've ever seen a quarterback play as well as he's playing. Unless something comes along and dings him (physically or confidence wise) the Packers are likely to win it all this year. He's just fitting balls into impossibly tight windows even when throwing with lousy form. I'll go with Green Bay.

Tampa Bay goes to Carolina. Without Cam newton I'll give a slight edge to Tampa this week. Carolina could rally around the backup, but I've got a feeling this just isn't their week.

Cincinnati goes to Cleveland. Well, this should be interesting. Johnny Football Manziel will be making his first ever start for the Browns. Will he survive to finish the game? I doubt it. I'm taking the Bengals.

Houston goes to Indy. Uh oh! It might be a good week for Andrew Luck to check and make sure his life/health insurance premiums are paid up. The Colts have a patchwork offensive line going against JJ Watt. Sure. What could possibly go wrong? The Colts are nearly a touchdown favorite and I'm picking them to win, but this could get ugly.

Oakland goes to KC. Andy Reid and the Chiefs just need a win after losing three straight. I'm pretty sure they'll get it this week. I'll take the Chiefs.

Miami goes to New England. I'm taking the Patriots here.

The Redskins play the Giants. The Giants are nearly a touchdown favorite and will probably win. The Redskins are just a mess now. The Giants aren't a lot better, but they do have an established quarterback. I'll take the Giants.

Denver goes to San Diego. The Broncos are looking more mortal these days. San Diego could beat them. I don't think they will so I'm picking the Broncos, but the Chargers could pull this one out.

The Jets go to Tennessee. Ugh! You really have to love football to watch this game. This will likely be a very ugly game. The good news is the loser will likely get a higher draft pick since both teams are now 2-11. One could even lose their way all the way to that first overall pick if things break their way. If you're Marcus Mariota (the Oregon quarterback and likely first overall pick in 2015) you might just see where you'll be playing next year by watching this game. (If he watches this game he may just opt to play in Canada instead.) I've got to pick someone so I'll pick the Jets.

Minnesota goes to Detroit. Detroit really needs to win this game, but Minnesota's playing pretty well these days. I'll give the edge to Detroit though. They've got more talent right now.

San Francisco goes to Seattle. This is going to be ugly for San Francisco. They're not playing well while Seattle is playing very, very well. You just know that Seattle and Green Bay are going to meet sometime in the playoffs and that will be an epic match-up. I'll take Seattle big in this one.

The Cowboys come to Philly for Sunday night football. The Eagles spanked the Cowboys on Thanksgiving and the Cowboys have been looking for vengeance since that game. I'm not sure the match-ups favor the Cowboys though. The Cowboy strengths are Demarco Murray, Dez Bryant, Tony Romo, and the run blocking of the offensive line. The Eagles defensive line neutralized the Cowboy running game on Thanksgiving. Romo didn't look like Romo and Dez Bryant had a bad game. Romo will likely play better this time around but the two lines still seem to be a mismatch. The Eagles defensive line was dominant the last game and I expect them to continue that this time around. The Eagles offense is just light years better than the Cowboy defense. It should be a closer game (if Garrett wants to keep his job anyway) but I've got the Eagles winning it pretty easily. That Cowboy defense just doesn't match up well with the Eagles' offense. LeSean McCoy and Darren Sproles will run over, under and around the Cowboy defense and while the Cowboy defenders are fast, they can't match up to the brute strength of the Eagles' offensive line.

And the last game this week is New Orleans at Chicago. You can't say Sean Payton is sitting back and doing nothing. He called ten vets into his office earlier this week and apparently rattled their cages rather dramatically. He's benched Kenny Vaccarro their starting safety, cut receiver Joe Morgan, and I suspect he's got them all a bit nervous about their job status. Sean Payton is not a happy coach and he's got nearly all of the hiring/firing power in New Orleans so I expect to see the Saints players play this week as though their jobs are on the line. (Because they truly are.) I've got the Saints winning and likely taking the NFC South.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

Re: Week Fifteen of the NFL Regular Season!!!

I have to be optimistic, even if it's forced. Cowboys believe they can win and that counts for a lot. So I'll be a believer also. Does that mean that I have to actually watch the game rather than copy? LOL I don't know if I can take it. Watching my 21 episodes I have copied of Young & Restless is probably the better option, especially since I'm already jittery and nervous about this game. 10 days is a long time to think about a big game coming up.

GOOOOO COWBOYS

Super Contributor

WI Packer fan here!! Goooo Pack!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

The Texan-Indy game could be a close one. J J Watt can't be stopped, so forget about containing him. I would take Luck over Fitzpatrick, and the Texans haven't yet won a game at Lucas Oil Stadium. The problem is that Luck isn't always accurate, though he can put up the yardage. Even with Luck having an off day, Indy often finds a way to win. Indy's defense has to step up like in the Cleveland game. As far as I know, Vontae Davis will be playing, so that helps. This should be a good game, as the Texans will be playing for their lives.

I'm taking a leap of faith here and choosing Dallas to win in my football picks. They will not want a repeat of the last game vs. the Eagles,and will be out to prove that they are better than that. Since the next game Dallas plays will be against Indy, I don't know if it would be better for them to win or lose week 15. Winning would make them on a roll, yet losing would make them desperate. So, not sure what to expect when they face Indy.

Cam Newton is lucky that his injuries weren't worse. It could have been disastrous. I doubt he'll play for the next couple weeks.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Trusted Contributor

Tegan, I don't see Indy having a problem with the Texans. Even when they are leading, the Texans always find a way to lose against the Colts. I don't know yet if the game will be televised in my area. Probably not. Texans are rarely shown on my locals.

Honored Contributor

Yellowrose. The key to the Cowboys' game will be Tony Romo and Dez Bryant. When those two are hot (last year's Denver game for example) the Cowboys can beat pretty much anyone. Dez Bryant can be an unstoppable force and if Romo puts the ball where he can get it, then there's a good chance the Cowboys can win. For some reason though those two don't always seem all that tight. Romo will hold the ball, or check it down to Witten a lot more than he'll give Dez a chance to make the play. Dez Bryant is a physical mismatch against pretty much every corner in the league and with the way the officials call defensive pass interference, I'd throw it up to him every chance I got.

Cam Newton is very lucky, but I'm also betting he's very, very sore today. I wouldn't be shocked to see him sit out the rest of the season. We're getting close to the end now and Cam won't take pain killing injections. Broken bones are going to take 4-6 weeks to feel reasonably good without injections, so he's likely down for the rest of the year.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

On 12/10/2014 teganslaw said:

The Texan-Indy game could be a close one. J J Watt can't be stopped, so forget about containing him. I would take Luck over Fitzpatrick, and the Texans haven't yet won a game at Lucas Oil Stadium. The problem is that Luck isn't always accurate, though he can put up the yardage. Even with Luck having an off day, Indy often finds a way to win. Indy's defense has to step up like in the Cleveland game. As far as I know, Vontae Davis will be playing, so that helps. This should be a good game, as the Texans will be playing for their lives.

I'm taking a leap of faith here and choosing Dallas to win in my football picks. They will not want a repeat of the last game vs. the Eagles,and will be out to prove that they are better than that. Since the next game Dallas plays will be against Indy, I don't know if it would be better for them to win or lose week 15. Winning would make them on a roll, yet losing would make them desperate. So, not sure what to expect when they face Indy.

Cam Newton is lucky that his injuries weren't worse. It could have been disastrous. I doubt he'll play for the next couple weeks.

Hi TEGAN....Our channels here always show the Texan games as the AFC team so I will be able to watch the Colt/Texan game.....of course I will be checking Red Zone to keep track of all the action too....The Texan's big problem is their Quarterback play----it will be interesting to see who they chose their aren't many options in free agency and a lot of teams will be scrambling in the draft to find a decent franchise QB....they are rare these days it seems....the Colts got a good one!

Cam should definitely be counting his blessings.....

It looks like Colt wants to start against the Giants but who knows with our team....{#emotions_dlg.glare}

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

On 12/10/2014 gardenman said:

Yellowrose. The key to the Cowboys' game will be Tony Romo and Dez Bryant. When those two are hot (last year's Denver game for example) the Cowboys can beat pretty much anyone. Dez Bryant can be an unstoppable force and if Romo puts the ball where he can get it, then there's a good chance the Cowboys can win. For some reason though those two don't always seem all that tight. Romo will hold the ball, or check it down to Witten a lot more than he'll give Dez a chance to make the play. Dez Bryant is a physical mismatch against pretty much every corner in the league and with the way the officials call defensive pass interference, I'd throw it up to him every chance I got.

Cam Newton is very lucky, but I'm also betting he's very, very sore today. I wouldn't be shocked to see him sit out the rest of the season. We're getting close to the end now and Cam won't take pain killing injections. Broken bones are going to take 4-6 weeks to feel reasonably good without injections, so he's likely down for the rest of the year.

GARDENMAN---To continue the QB discussion from last week's thread.......now if scientist figured out to clone Aaron Rodgers why the NFL teams would be all set wouldn't they!!!

On the Mike and Mike Show on ESPN they made the point about QB's that the NFL only has available what the colleges can supply and the big problem is that if the college coaches only develop read option QBs and when they get to the NFL, most can't be converted to pocket passers, and successful QB's in the NFL are pocket passers....The colleges seem to want to score a lot of points and seem to be recruiting mostly read option QBs......so that is indeed creating a shortage of good pocket passing QBs for the NFL!!!

Isn't it funny how everyone was touting that the NFL was going in a new direction with read option QBs with RGIII, Colin K, Cam Newton, Johhny Manziel...etc etc and they were wondering if pocket passers were going to become obsolute, but now all the read option QBs all seem to be struggling.....Now I view Russell Wilson as more of a pocket passer that scrambles....more like Steve Young....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Sometimes for my picks I think it would be best if I just put up a dart board with the team names and whatever the dart lands on to go with that....{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Cards/Rams--even though the Cards won, they were not very impressive and I'm concerned about their QB play going forward into the playoffs. The Rams have been outstanding on defense...I'm going with the RAMS.

Steelers/Falcons-Steelers made mincemeat out of the Bengals.....and they play the NFC South which has become like the NBA Eastern Conference where a team below .500 will make the playoffs.....the Steelers have been playing well especially in their RB play....gotta go STEELERS!

Jags/Ravens---I can't jinx the Ravens so I'll just ABSTAIN from this game....Wink

Packers/Bills---although the Bills have a good defense, Aaron Rodgers is RED HOT and is the best QB in the NFL right now....JMHO. I have to go with the PACKERS!

Bucs/Panthers-With Cam's unfortunate auto accident, Derek Anderson will get the start against the Bucs.....I'm STILL sticking with the PANTHERS who played well last week.

Bengals/Browns-Battle of Ohio and Johnny Football's first start....the Bengals have struggled...the Browns are at home and the crowd will be energized by Johnny Manziel.....what the heck I'll give a slight edge and go with the home team and the BROWNS!

Texans/Colts---Texans QB play is dicey....and Andrew Luck seems to find a way to win....going with the COLTS!

Raiders/Chiefs--The Raiders regrouped and got themselves another win.....the Chiefs lost in a close game against the Cards.....the Chiefs are at home going with KC

Dolphins/Pats---PATS

Washington/Giants---my team and my DS do battle....but right now there is such internal drama that Washington is battling themselves and the only one playing defense is Kerrigan...and although McCoy could start, will he????....In my DS's words her Giants winning was a MIRACLE....still gotta go with the GIANTS!(I'm a realist)

Broncos/Chargers---penalties and injuries just killed the Chargers against the Pats....and the Broncos did not have one passing TD in their win...SAY WHAT???? Still ya gotta say that Peyton will bounce back....BRONCOS

Jets/Titans--Why the Jets played pretty decent in their loss, but Titans were downright DREADFUL .....going with the J*E*T*S---JETS JETS JETS....

Vikes/Lions-the Vikes have been competitive but the Lions need to win, I think the Pack will take the division, but they are still competing for seeding for wild card in the playoffs and Megatron came back in a big way last week....LIONS!

49ers/Seattle---the 49ers have come undone and Seattle looks like their former Super Bowl selves....and are playing well especially on defense.....no contest---SEATTLE!

Cowboys/Eagles---GAME OF THE WEEK!!!! GAME FOR THE DIVISION LEADER OF THE NFC LEAST........Eagles offense contained by Seattle, but that was Seattle, and this is Dallas....can the Eagles slow down the Cowboy's running game and make Romo throw to win....and I don't see the Cowboys relying on Romo and winning...and we all know about the Dallas swoon in December...going with the EAGLES (and I hope I don't jinx em).....

Saints/Bears-two very disappointing teams ....both have played LOUSY....there were even rumors about getting rid of Brees (psst Drew wanna move to DC)......and then there's the Saints defense or lack thereof.......on the Bears....no defense....on offense Brandon Marshall is out and then ya got Jay Cutler playing QB----coin flip---SAINTS!

Honored Contributor

SPURT. Yeah, that Aaron Rodgers article cracked me up. Reporters make it sound so easy. "Just find a young Aaron Rodgers type quarterback and the Eagles will be set." If only it were that easy. There just aren't a whole lot of those guys floating around out there. Guys like Aaron Rodgers only come along once every five to ten years or so and finding one isn't all that easy. When you look at the quarterbacks taken over the last few years about the only guy who has that type of potential seems to be Andrew Luck.

A lot of the local reporters want the Eagles to jump up to the first overall pick to get Marcus Mariota if he comes out this year. We're likely to be drafting in the final ten picks, not the first ten picks and moving up from 22 (or lower) to number one, is nearly impossible. The Redskins gave up three number ones and a second round pick just to move up a little bit to the second overall pick to get RGIII. To move up from the back half of the first round to the first overall pick is nearly impossible. and even if you do, there's no guarantee he'll turn into a good pro. He could tear an ACL on the first day of practice and never blossom into a solid pro. To go from #22 to #1 would take four, maybe five future first round picks and likely a boatload of other picks and maybe a pro bowl player or two. I just don't see that happening.

I'm cautiously optimistic that we've got the quarterback situation nicely in hand now. I still like Nick Foles as the starter. He's got good size, good deep ball capabilities and while he's been turning the ball over a bit more this season, he's shown he can protect the ball. (So much so that one of the big things the coaches worked on him this past off-season was being more a gunslinger and taking more chances.) Matt Barkley has looked okay in what little we've seen of him. If the staff isn't sold on him then there will be lots of young guys available in he draft or through trades they can replace him with. And the team thinks they have something in GJ Kinne. Are any of them Aaron Rodgers? No. Neither is anyone else but Aaron Rodgers right now. Work with the guys you've got, coach the heck out of them and see what happens.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!