Honored Contributor

Week 3 of the NFL Regular Season

We have the Giants at Carolina tonight. The Giants are off to a bad start and are pretty beat up heading into this game. I'm thinking the Panthers will win this one.

Saint Louis goes to Chicago. Chicago's a pretty big favorite here but I wouldn't be shocked to see the Rams give them a hard time. I'd still pick Chicago though.

Buffalo goes to Cleveland. This game would be a lot easier to pick if I knew which teams were showing up. Week one Buffalo would lose to week two Cleveland. Week one Cleveland would lose to week two Buffalo. Will Buffalo and Cleveland both play well this week? I have no clue. I guess I'd give a slight edge to Cleveland since they're home.

Tampa Bay goes to Dallas. I like Tampa Bay, but coming off a humiliating loss on the road the Cowboys will need a win at home. They should beat Tampa. I think the Bucs will keep it close and if they could get ahead, the Cowboys could start gagging a bit, but Dallas is the more talented team, playing at home, so I've got to give them the edge here. The odds makers have Dallas as an eight point favorite. I don't think it will be that one-sided but I'm giving Dallas the win here.

Jacksonville goes to Indianapolis. Vegas has Indy as a three point favorite and that's good enough for me. I'll go with Indy.

The Jets go to Miami. The Jets are favored but I wouldn't be shocked to see Miami pull the upset here. We're likely to see more of Tebow in this game, but I'm not sure if that's good or bad for the Jets. If I had to pick I'd pick Miami.

San Francisco goes to Minnesota. San Francisco has been playing dominant football so far and this should be an easy win for them. Minnesota will loook at it as a statement game, but I don't think they have the firepower to match up with the 49er's so I'll go with the Niners on this one. Playing in Minnesota isn't easy, and San Fran may be due for a letdown, but I'm thinking they'll win.

Kansas City goes to New Orleans. Just what New Orleans needs, an easy win. If New Orleans doesn't win this game then they're in big, big, big trouble. Kansas City is a bit desperate, but they're playing lousy football. Desperate teams can surprise you though, so New Orleans can't be too casual about this game, but they should win.

Detroit goes to Tennessee. I've got to give the edge to Detroit in this one.

Cincinnati at Washington. This will be a good test for both teams. Washington's a three point favorite but NFL defensive coaches are getting a better feel for what RGIII is all about. He's been almost too good so far. I'm giving a slight edge to the Bengals in this one. I think RGIII will make a few throws he shouldn't make and it'll cost the Redskins the game.

The Eagles go to Arizona. For some reason the Cardinals always seem to win the games against the Eagles. The Eagle defensive line should dominate the Cardinal's offensive line in this game. The Eagles are starting two new offensive linemen in this game. You don't really want to go into a big game starting a new left tackle and center but injuries are forcing our hand there. I'm giving the teensiest edge to the Eagles and praying we don't have another four or five turnover game. If the Eagles play a clean game with no turnovers and few penalties they can beat any team in the league.

Atlanta goes to San Diego. San Diego is the favorite here and I think they'll win. It should be a good game though.

Houston goes to Denver. I'm thinking Manning won't throw three interceptions in the first quarter again, but Houston has been the class of the AFC so far this year. Playing in Denver is a problem though. Houston's favored but I think the Broncos will win the game.

Pittsburgh goes to Oakland. I've got to give the edge to the Steelers in this game.

New England plays Baltimore. I wasn't very impressed by Baltimore last week. the Eagles gave them four turnovers and still won. Pressing the receivers threw off Flacco and forced him into bad decisions. I'm thinking the Patriots will learn from what the Eagles did and follow suit. I've got the Patriots winning this one.

And finally, Green Bay at Seattle. As the Cowboyys learned last week playing at Seattle is never easy. This will be a statement game for both teams. Green Bay is a three point favorite and it's going to be a close game. I think Green Bay will pull it out though.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!