Honored Contributor

Week 18 of the NFL! The Wildcard Weekend!

Today (Saturday) we have two games. The first game will be the Saints versus the Seahawks. This should be a win for the Saints, but strange things happen in the playoffs. New Orleans will want to get ahead early, take the crowd out of the game, and make the Seahawks think they have no chance to win. If the Seahawks get some momentum going then they could pull out the win despite their poorer record. The Saints are pretty beat up and they're playng on the road in a tough stadium. The Saints are also a dome team that tends to perform better inside. If the Seahawks are within a touchdown at halftime (or ahead), this could be an interesting game. If the Saints play their game however, it should be a fairly easy first round win for them.

The second game is much, much more interesting. The Colts will play the Jets tonight. Peyton Manning is one of the best quarterbacks in the league and he'll be doing everything possible to confuse and expose the Jets' defense. The Jets will be doing everything possible to disguise what they're going to be doing in the hopes of fooling Peyton Manning. I don't see the Jets scoring a lot of points in this game, so the the key to the game will be the Colts offense. If the Jets can contain the Colts offense then they'll have a good shot at winning. If the Colts offense can put a decent number of points on the board (say 28) then I don't see the Jets winning. I wouldn't be surprised to see this game go right to the end.

I'll be back tomorrow for a recap of the Saturday games and a preview of the Sunday games.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!